for Gentle Kisses

8/11/2018 c2 24suddenlysomewherethatsgreen
I really like this. I've noticed a theme with this one and "return to skid row" where, even though they get a happy ending the past can come back to haunt them. Audrey's pain here is similar to Seymour's in that piece. And they are both there for each other. I really like this one. Especially chapter two. I feel it ended so beautifully and I was proud of Audrey for being eager to move forward with her life. I love how sweet and understanding Seymour is through all of this. Truly something special
5/22/2014 c2 67ThePreciousHeart
Before I review, I'm going to say that I've been reading a lot of Little Shop fanfiction recently- well, I've read what's here and what's on Ao3 anyway!- and I think you're my favorite author for this fandom (not to mention one of the more prolific ones...). Every time I read your fics I can easily hear Audrey and Seymour's voices in my head. The dialogue is so them.

But anyway, I adore this story, and I'm so glad I read it because I was thinking of writing something similar but yours is probably better than I could do. Everything was so palpable- I could feel Audrey's terror when she was flashing back to her time with Orin and the peacefulness of the last scene seemed to settle my soul. I love the little touch of them watching the snowflakes fall outside the window as they made love. And I love Seymour's reaction to Audrey's panic attack, specifically the part where it said he didn't need to be told twice that she didn't want it.
7/4/2012 c2 8AdoAnnieCarnes
This is really beautiful! I think you nailed Seymour and Audrey in this piece, and the flashback in the first chapter was hard, but really well done. The intimacy was also very tasteful and fitting - I'm really impressed! It's a great story, and thank you for taking the time to write it. :)
7/2/2012 c2 2Laurelizaabeth
First of all, I'd just like to say: Good for you! It takes a lot of guts to post a mature story for the first time, and you've done it beautifully.
The emotion in this story is almost tangible and extremely real. Your first chapter started out splendidly; it was a nice little glimpse into Audrey and Seymour's married life and evolving relationship. Then, of course, was the flashback, which completely broke my heart. I applaud you on the changes you made to it. Though it was a bit more graphic, it made it that much more believable and made the reader much more sensitive to the pain of Audrey's past life.
Seymour's reaction was portrayed perfectly, as always- slightly humorous and extremely tender hearted and endearing. You've got their relationship spot on. It's such a treat to read!

The final chapter really ties it all together. Of course things between Seymour and Audrey would be a bit awkward and strained after her outburst, so it's nice knowing that they're still able to trust and love each other fully. You wrote it very tastefully; it wasn't vulgar at all. Some people make it a habit of just making stories about sex, but if done right, it can be a very beautiful, sacred thing to read, which you have done perfectly.

This is such a great story. Thank you for posting it, and congratulations again! I most definitely support you in your decision to post this.