for Scapegoats

9/22/2019 c26 ClaireR89
Cute ending! I'm kinda scared for how part 2 will go XD
9/22/2019 c20 ClaireR89
Crazy idea but Mary could just go back to downton! She doesn't need to stay
9/22/2019 c16 ClaireR89
They didn't know Belgium was gonna be an issue until it happened.
9/22/2019 c11 ClaireR89
I know it's not resolved but I feel Matthews flip to seemingly care for Mary a bit quick. Maybe it's the sickness but if he didn't want anything to do with her I figured he'd be a bit more standoffish
9/22/2019 c9 ClaireR89
This may be the lack of medical knowledge but I don't think getting a scratch from a bush is enough to get sepsis
4/13/2017 c26 Lucian
Beautifully written and imagined. I have never seen the series or read the books (I imagine there are books) but this was entrancing and dramatic to the perfect degree. You managed to present the characters in such a way that I didn't have to know who they were to like them. Bravo!
3/30/2017 c1 Guest
So ooc
2/10/2013 c25 4PolarBlue
Awesome A.A
2/10/2013 c23 PolarBlue
Real cute and sweet and sooooo good :D
11/24/2012 c26 10Lady Etiquette
Very sweet ending. Loved Mary throwing the punch to reveal his fib with the blind fold...your characterizations are not always so entirely OOC from the originals. :) Thanks for a terrific tale.
11/15/2012 c26 S
You should keep going. Don't let the naysayers discourage you. Keep at it; keeping having fun with the Mary/Matthew stories!
10/24/2012 c26 19Mandis
Hey, I just finished reading this and I wanna to know if will be a sequel? Because I really will like to read what happen next and not just right after, you know?

And yes, its OOC, but is told in the sumary, so if you dont like don't read... and yes, is more to an "what if" or "alternative reality" to an "alternative universe", but still the concepts are to close to be so wrong to use one and not the other... and after all is fanFICTION, and nobody have to read what don't want to... just my opinion, because I don't like when people read 26 chapters of something just to speak bad of it!

Soooo after all this of an unknow, dear writer, when will you continue this story? For more OOC thats it is I liked and wanted to read more *.*

Sorry for that text, but what can I do? I'm brazilian, I have "hot blood" (i don't know if it the same expression in english, if is not let me know and I'll explain that to you, ok?)!

Well, bye!

Hug ;)
10/16/2012 c26 Guest
Taking cheap shots at the work "Consequences of the Castle" and it's authors must be indicative of your lack of self-esteem i can only guess. IMO you could learn from those said authors but then again that would probably be asking a bit much.

The best thing about fanfiction is that it allows any type of person to write and publish their work so i'm sure that in a vast universe such as ours you will find crazy people who do enjoy your stories, but i hate to be the one to tell you that your talent doesn't match what you think your talent is.
10/15/2012 c26 5On either side the river lie
I have loved this, and i love it still, perservere, in the end, we will all love you for it. Cheers
10/15/2012 c26 Ann Onymouse
If this story (no 'e') was actually any good, then I might sympathise with your whiny, self-centred author's notes. As it happens, it is ridiculous, so I can't. I'm all for an AU fic, but the scenario you have created beggars belief.

This is one of the most OOC things I have ever read, which is a shame, because Julian Fellowes created wonderful characters for fanfiction writers to work with. You have made every single character unrecognisable. Mary is a simpering, indecisive woman who does exactly as she is told, and is more like Bella Swan than the Lady Mary Crawley that we all know. As for Matthew - who is this jealous, controlling ("If we are to have a proper marriage you must promise to give up flirting.") man that you have created?

Now, about the plot. It's all over the place and full of inaccuracies. It's not hard to look something up if you're not sure. Also, if you want to use the chatty tone ("Matthew had metaphorically done his tax return, catalogued his library and considered how he would have avoided the debacle that was Man City FC's 1906 season.") keep it to a modern setting. You are writing about Edwardian England; using modern colloquialisms in that setting is jarring and doesn't work.

Finally, I'd like to address your remark about 'Consequences of the Castle'. While it's true that it hasn't been updated for a while, it is written by two of the most prolific MM writers, who also write their own individual multi-chapter fanfictions, as well as one-shots. If you're not happy because it's more popular/better written/have a personal grievance against the two writers, then your author's notes are not the place for that, especially when some of your readers may be fans of theirs. It sounds desperate and snide. Whatever your problem is, it's simply not very nice to aim criticism at other writers.

And if your claim of a hiatus is some way for your readers to beg you to update sooner, then I hope it doesn't work on them so that we might be spared more of your whining.
191 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »