for The Past is Another Country

9/9/2020 c22 13GustavonkaLondon
Wow this was so...beautiful. Not only underneath, inside outside and everywhere. I especially love how you named lots of the Chapters after lyrics from the songs. Such an amazing piece of work *sniffles* Brought tears to my eyes, mate
8/24/2019 c22 15Starwatcher2018
I think Erik would like the idea of being the founder of a dynasty. Very nice epilogue.
8/24/2019 c21 Starwatcher2018
The last two chapters are just brilliant. Lots of tears. Thank you.
8/18/2019 c19 Starwatcher2018
Gustave is quite a young man - a mix of his mother and father, but one has to admit, Erik has been a good dad. The disclosure of the past events are really well done - not too much and not too little. Love all the historical content.

Once again, so happy to have found this jewel with your help!
8/17/2019 c14 Starwatcher2018
This is such a lovely story - the way you are introducing Erik's past. The story of the mannequin was particularly well done. Very bittersweet, overall.
8/14/2019 c11 Starwatcher2018
This is just so lovely.
8/13/2019 c9 Starwatcher2018
So happy to have discovered this story. Your voice for Gustave is perfect. His childhood is very much as one might imagine. I never expected to see it so well detailed. Looking forward to what comes next.
5/14/2018 c22 labdelmar
This is a great fic. I'm speechless. There was so much going on, I should have reviewed while I was reading, but I couldn't stop. I generally ignore LND, but I'm glad I didn't pass this up. Gustave and Erik's relationship was so complex and very realistic here. This was a very moving story. Thank you!
5/12/2018 c1 labdelmar
Good start. There is so much emotion packed into this chapter. His guilt about outliving his mother is so sad.

I didn't know that I needed a fic about Gustave (but I do) and I am excited to read more!
9/30/2015 c22 40E.M.K.81
WOW!
A really good story! Thank you!

Poor Gustave - having to see his mother die and then be left with a menacing stranger who has a bad temper and no experience at all with children.

I really loved your story! Thank you!
5/30/2015 c22 6Momo Spock
Wow. That was deep; this had me really thinking of the future and the past in both Gustave's life and mine. I usually try to think of improvements- To help writers and myself in writing- but this was splendid. Definitely worth the read.
12/9/2014 c18 jme77
Penultimate indeed! This chapter just aches so much with Gustave's native past, present, and future as well as all three of his parents. He's surprisingly wonderfully innocent and unassuming considering the ever complicated turmoil of the love triangle that he came from. It's good that he gets to lay some of his native childhood behind him and make peace with it.
7/10/2014 c22 6La Femme Victorienne
This story was nothing short of an absolute joy to read, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that this has easily become one of my favorite stories. Although there are a few technical errors here and there, the story-telling and the simple yet descriptive way you convey Gustave and his mental plight over the events that have occurred in his life is simply astounding. I'm also in love with your portrayal of Erik here, as well as addressing Gustave's concerns for the obsessive love he does have for Christine. And though you portray it as such (and rightfully so! I find this much more canon-like), you are still able to show that the love is genuine. I loved every word written, and how raw at times the emotions were. I truly wish that this story had more exposure, but I'm glad for what you have achieved so far. Please don't ever stop writing; you have an amazing talent! Thank you so much for sharing Gustave's tale, and I can't wait to see more from you.
5/8/2014 c18 8Lycoris1305
Okay. I actually cried during this chapter. You write wonderfully, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's not often I cry when reading fanfics, especially after reading them for almost 10 years, but this is just so wonderfully written and relatable and sad.
5/8/2014 c11 Lycoris1305
I had to try hard not to cry a few times this chapter. The picture of Christine from Raoul, the room waiting for him at his old house in France, crying after he got off the ride because Christine wasn't with him. It was sad and cute.
77 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »