for The Man of Mercy

1/18/2015 c1 34Pizzapig
Part 2! Part 2! Part 2! Can you pretty please write a part 2
9/8/2014 c1 132rebecca-in-blue
This story is so, so good. I absolutely love the way you capture Javert's thoughts in the beginning - telling himself that Valjean's benevolence is all an act, then his turmoil when he realizes that it isn't. My only complaint is that I wish there was more to this story!
3/21/2013 c1 10This Star Won't Go Out
very great story
1/12/2013 c1 4Ie-maru
Huh. Possibilities, possibilities. Looking forward to where you go with this!
1/11/2013 c1 Guest
Thank you so much for the reply! I had never received a response to a review like that, and now I feel so honored:) Thank you! That is an excellent observation about the melodies of the songs. If I remember correctly, the only thing that differs about the melody is the last note in Javert's Suicide; it does not agree with the key it is in to represent the fact that Javert could not accept his mistake as Valjean had done. Too sad:( Usually when I get to that part on the soundtrack or TAC, I saunter into this site and read stories like yours that provide a happy ending that the dear Inspector deserves:) Thank you so much again for the reply!

P.S. As regards continuing the story, I would be most happy to follow. I don't have an account, but if you choose to continue it, I shall add it to my list of must-reads and shall eagerly review each chapter. However, in the end, that is up to you:) Whatever you choose to do, have fun with writing and know your works are much appreciated!
1/3/2013 c1 Cranks
Lovely story!
1/3/2013 c1 2Ce'Nelenia
Beautiful. I just finished watching the movie and thought, there must be someone who believes in Javert's redemption. I'm glad I was right.

I'm hoping to write something in this vein as well - from Javert's perspective. We'll see.

Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Cheers, Ce'Nelenia
1/1/2013 c1 8Helena Louvel
Hell yeah you should continue it. If you can come up with a way to do so, I will gladly continue reading. As for what you've already written, I really, REALLY wish it was cannon. It's AMAZING. I think this is the best Les Mis. story I've read to date.

Cheers!
Sarah
12/31/2012 c1 17Rapunzella
This is a response to the last person who reviewed: Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed this story. I was so touched by your review. I'm glad you thought the characters were realistic; I had never written a story about either of them before. I, too, wish things had turned out this way for Javert. I noticed when I was in the show that the melodies for "What Have I Done?" and "Javert's Suicide" are the same; and at the point when they sing it they're in such a similar situation, the only difference being how they choose to respond. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Now for a general note: I've noticed a couple of people following this story. I'd like to point out that it is marked "Complete." I intended it to be a one-shot. Do you (anyone who's reading this?) think I should continue it?
12/31/2012 c1 Guest
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. How I wish this would have happened! I enjoyed how you drew out the parallels of Valjean and Javert as broken souls who realized they had done wrong, yet differed in their reactions. Valjean accepted his mistakes whereas Javert could not, at least, not until this story. I really, really wish this was canon. You captured the characters voice so well and conveyed their emotions effectively. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us. I hope it gets more views since the movie is out:) I wish you the best with writing!
12/8/2012 c1 completelyens
I always did wish somebody would step in and pull him out of the Seine before he drowned... :D
7/17/2012 c1 Guest
So cute! I can't even deal with this! I love the indecisive part "I'll bring the whole police force! No, maybe a few officers... Or maybe I should just go by myself." Loved it )
7/16/2012 c1 14dharmaharker