for That's All I Need to Know

5/9 c4 Kira8
Well, I am new to this boat called meponine or marponine, whatever you want to call it, what matters is their love and personally I would have liked it to be clear that this one in the book was not beautiful and jealous but love who feels so much the ponine of the book and that of the musical in my opinion cosset cannot match it because only someone who really loves you would rather die for you and that if the human being by nature was selfish nobody is so perfect and good we will always have something wrong because it is human to be wrong. Good I went through the branches I just wanted to say that I hope you continue with the story and that sadly there are not many stories of the two of them with a reciprocal love.
10/24/2017 c4 4NightlockIsMyPoison
Hey! Sorry I am super new to fanfic and I just so happened to read your story! Loved it sooooo much. I am OBSESSED with Les Mis and I am a huge Meponine shipper. Please update, I'm dying to read more!
1/5/2017 c4 7MusicalTheatreTrash
I LOVE THIS STORY! Please write more!
9/25/2016 c4 132rebecca-in-blue
I'm so glad to see an update to this story. Don't feel too bad about not having as much time for fanfiction - I'm having to do the same thing with an Eponine story I'm writing right now, so I definitely understand.

I really enjoyed this chapter. The intensity of Eponine's dream and Marius's reassurance afterwards are so well-done. You capture Thenardier's nastiness very well, too. Rest assured that whenever you have more time to write, I will be here to read it! :)
9/21/2016 c4 80JackieStarSister
I like the idea of Eponine meeting some of Marius' friends and seeing more of his world. (Maybe Joly would try to treat her sickness!) But I feel like the conflict would have to be clearer, and the stakes higher, for Marius and Eponine to decide to run away from Thénardier. (Somehow I don't think he'd care much about Eponine spending a night in a young man's apartment.) This story hasn't really established how violent or abusive Thénardier is. Has he hurt or threatened Eponine or Marius already? That might be a complication that could be explored earlier in the story. Maybe if he suspected that Marius liked Eponine, he would want Eponine to milk him for more money, only she wouldn't want to do that.

I just thought of another canon question: does Marius have the same backstory, with his father and grandfather? If so, has he figured out that Eponine's father is the man who saved his father?
9/21/2016 c3 JackieStarSister
I like how you work lyrics from the musical into your writing, with "Marius, you're late" in the previous chapter and several allusions to "A Little Fall of Rain" in this one.

Speaking generally, I'm not sure if you're leaning more toward the book canon or the musical canon, so I'm not sure what events are taking place outside of this narration. For instance, the name of the Gorbeau tenement and most of Eponine's first interaction with Marius seem to come from the book, but he does not solve the mystery of the begging letters, and apparently Valjean and Cosette do not come to the house. Does Marius not know Cosette at this point, like in the musical? Does Azelma exist? Is Gavroche her brother?

While I like the idea of Marius helping Eponine when she is sick (he knows taking her back to her own apartment wouldn't help her much), his confession seems kind of sudden, not very supported. I know in the book he fell in love with Cosette when they had barely interacted, but Victor Hugo supported his romantic actions with pages and pages of his thoughts. I think more interactions and/or more introspection are needed to build up to Marius' declaration of love. The last chapter ended with Courfeyrac saying he wanted to hear about her later, so maybe there could be one or more scenes with Marius telling him about Eponine or asking for relationship advice.
9/21/2016 c2 JackieStarSister
Oh the fluffiness-of snow! ;D This is sweet and fun. I like to think that Eponine and Marius would like each other simply because they can bring each other joy, something they haven't had in quite a while.

I'm not sure about Marius saying "you started it" since he was the first to throw a snowball. I don't know if he has that bold kind of playfulness, at least at this point in his relationship with Eponine. I kind of think Eponine,-or even another, more mischievous character like Gavroche or Courfeyrac-would be more likely to throw the proverbial gauntlet and actual snowball.

Now I think I'm going to be haunted by the idea of the gamins and/or Les Amis organizing a snowball battle … is there any chance of that happening in this story?
7/20/2015 c3 132rebecca-in-blue
I love this chapter. How he takes Eponine is very tender and well-written, and I love how you used the "Don't you fret" line from A Little Fall of Rain. Very Marius to just blurt out that's he in love with her, and very Eponine to feel that she doesn't deserve it.
6/28/2015 c3 2xAnna-Chanx
This is so sweet I got diabetes :3 Keep it up!
6/28/2015 c2 132rebecca-in-blue
Aww, this chapter is so cute. I love the opening line that Eponine isn't "on speaking terms with winter," as if the cold weather is a character. (And I certainly know how she feels! I mean, what's to love about scraping snow off your car?) Also love the contrast between Marius's more romantic view of winter vs. her practical one. Wonderful work.
6/21/2015 c3 MiserableRenthead
Aww! Love this!
6/20/2015 c2 15Randomcat1832
Despite being a hardcore Mariette shipper... this is very very sweet. I've always had a soft spot for snowball fights in books and movies, and fanfics are no exception.
6/18/2015 c2 7judybear236
Uh-oh! They've guessed already! That was quick.
6/18/2015 c3 judybear236
So romantic!

Good story.
10/9/2014 c1 132rebecca-in-blue
Awww, this is so sweet. I love the way you write Marius, especially his slight sheepishness after telling Eponine that he loves her - it feels so him. Wonderful work, and I hope there will be more!
30 Page 1 2 Next »