FanFiction.Net
for Supposition

6/19/2013 c12 bethanyactually
Again, very cool that you used the conversation they'll have in "Threads" as part of their conversation here.

Also, I've often wondered what, exactly, was going through Jack's mind at the end of this episode. The look on his face, and the way he hesitates before sitting down next to Sam...you did a good job supposing what he might have been thinking.
6/19/2013 c11 bethanyactually
What? Why the frell would Sam think Jack would be relieved that she's moving on!? He was the one who tried to say they just needed to stop seeing each other temporarily, and she's the one who blew up and stomped off, telling him to forget the whole thing. I think maybe when it comes to Jack, Sam is not quite up to her usual standards of reasoning.
6/19/2013 c10 bethanyactually
The idea that "Space Race" took place after their breakup makes that whole "I would hate to disappoint Major Carter"/"Yes, I know the feeling" exchange between Teal'c and Jack in that episode take on new and melancholy layers of meaning, and that little shoulder pat Jack gives Sam...oh, maaaaaan.

That conversation between Jack and Sam in her lab in "Evolution, Part 2" is so wonderful. I don't know how actors do stuff like that, but just with their eyes and facial expressions they conveyed so much love and longing in that scene. As Stana Katic says, they were love eyeballs all over each other. Even within canon, that scene was NOT just a CO checking in with his team member. That was clearly Jack checking in with Sam.

The last two paragraphs of this story make me feel so sad for them.
6/19/2013 c8 bethanyactually
I love that Jack's argument is basically, "I love you and I would give you up before I would hurt you." And I really like how you use the conversation Sam has with Hallucination!Jack on Prometheus during "Grace" as part of their conversation here. That makes the conversation she has with him there an echo of this one. Very nice.

(Oh, Sam...wondering "whether it wouldn't be better to have the memory of love simply erased completely"? Did "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" teach you nothing!?)
6/19/2013 c7 bethanyactually
I like how Sam starts out exasperated at Jack for even thinking she might have ever had a thing for Daniel (who, of course, was MARRIED for his first two and a half years on SG-1), but quickly realizes this is actually something that bothers Jack a lot. So she just instantly switches gears to reassure him.

(Also, Jack? "He's a lot better looking than I am," really!? I'm with Sam: you're really reaching on that one, buddy.)
6/19/2013 c6 bethanyactually
Jack, you heartbreaking man. You are so hard on yourself. *SIGH* You and Sam are quite a pair.
6/19/2013 c5 bethanyactually
The ending of this episode was just heartbreaking. I like to think that Sam *would* have known Jack was devastated, and *would* have comforted him in some way. This scene...Jack trying to keep himself closed off, trying to shut everyone else out like he usually does in his grief, and Sam not letting him...just lovely.
6/19/2013 c4 bethanyactually
Ooh, the lights-in-the-hair thing sounds cool. I want something like that!

Did Ronson actually offer a job to Sam on the show, or did you make that up? It kind of sounds like something that character might do, from what I remember of him, but I'm not sure.

You know, all the rumors Sam says have flown about her all through her career...sadly, I know that kind of thing really does happen all the time. My husband is in the Navy, and I've known a half-dozen women officers over the years who, mostly because they were above-average pretty and had successful careers, were always dogged by rumors that they slept around. Even if that actually WAS happening in any of those cases, the fact that the rumors always exist is just disgusting and sad.

That said, I love that Sam's all, "Dude, he's PLAYING you, and you're letting him. Screw him and his insinuations."
6/19/2013 c3 bethanyactually
Hee hee, Jonas and Teal'c trolling them the next morning...
6/18/2013 c25 vcm
Nice, emotionally charged chapter. Yay to the promise of more.
6/18/2013 c25 12remerkaba
Awesome Job with this. You captured the feelings and the shock really well. I agree with you, it was a shocking scene and I really liked Pendergast. They did his character really well there at the end. Hot scene as always, but with the perfect amount of respect and emotion from Sam and Jack! Perfect.
6/18/2013 c25 23alwayssmilingsam
Excellent as always and I know what you mean - I was quite unprepared for that scene - the way you described it remided me of the Atlantis ep where Sam was on the bridge of the Hammond as it blew up - that really got to me too.
6/18/2013 c25 RhizOneill
Great chapter. You are right. I do find that what happen to the Prometheus is more shocking than Daniel and Janets. More please soon.
6/17/2013 c25 4Oz Lovi
Wow. That was actually quite moving. And I see what you mean about how shocking the loss of Prometheus and her crew was.
6/17/2013 c25 XMisfitLeaderX
Fantastic. Awesome and real xox

Just make the next one a bit happier and light yeah? Like the one where cam is determined to have the same relationship with Jack that Sam does (so funny by the way).

But really great keep up the good work!
285 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »