for I Am the Doctor, Darling

4/27/2020 c1 31The DarkCat
This was a really intertaining read, firstly due to the different writing style and the use of the sarcastic tone. I loved, how you handled Toshio here, and that the one sided love was shown from his perspective, I liked how Toshio changed through out the course of the story too. The magic/supernatural elements were really amazing in here! Also I think, what you did with Seishin really fitted him, his backstory, and him being an angel. The ending was heartbreaking and yet still had hope of them someday meeting again, that was a really good ending in my opinion. Thank you for this!
6/22/2014 c1 anon
this is good. the gradual way toshio falls in love. how seishin's an angel. all the dropped hints about the world. please don't delete this.
7/16/2012 c1 19eidolon-azii
This is so very, very good. I like this style of writing better than the one you adopted for your other Shiki offerings. It's appropriately casual, and I'm not sure I always like the fragmentary sentences (although I get the sense that they're intentional), but overall this is without a doubt one of the best Seishin X Toshio stories I've ever read. I have a weakness for mobius tales (the philosophy inherent in such a narrative structure is quite compelling), and the supernatural elements make this one read almost like a really twisted modern fairy tale. It was beautifully done.

I like that you've written from Toshio's POV too. Poor guy. He just gets taken along for the ride, doesn't he? And I don't want to give away the ending, but what you did with Seishin was so unexpected that my jaw very nearly hit the floor - yet it fit so perfectly. Is it wrong that I find your Seishin to be very sexy?

I haven't watched Supernatural, but now I feel like I should. I study ancient religion/magic, and so when I find magical elements in stories, my little nerd's heart just hammers a tattoo in my chest. Typically such elements tend to overpower a narrative, but they're integrated seamlessly here. Of course it helps that Toshio's being trained for supernatural combat, but still, it takes a great deal of skill to balance character development with action sequences like these. I found myself utterly fascinated by the trappings of magical rites, yes, but even more drawn to Toshio and his relationship to Seishin.

If your novel is anything like this, you can sign me up for an Amazon pre-order now! I was a bit sad that you might not be finishing In the Mausoleum, but if this is a goodbye gift to the world of fanfiction, then I was pleased to have received it. Good luck with the book. I know it's going to be fantastic.