for Artist

5/1/2020 c1 derekctomlinson
lol hiccup smirking at his girlfriend you know you should pose nake ow astrid smirking at her boyfriend hiccup haddock not so loud
10/11/2019 c1 secretwhovianpony
I like this. It fits well with what we're shown of these two. And I agree. Hiccup isn't an artist- he's an engineer. Like Tony or Peter from the MCU. Can they draw? Yes. It's just that what they draw is practical. As you said- blueprints. Tech designs.
10/13/2018 c1 8Fluffy Nabs
Yeah, I agree with this fic so much! Hiccup's an engineer, not a Fine Artist! :D He probably would have gotten his start in Gobber's smithy - learning to sketch parts he needed to make, taking precise measurements and calculating how things fit together. Like, Gobber'd say, "Draw me a sheild, boy, I want to see what you'd make if you could." Something like that. Love this fic! Adorable interactions!
6/20/2018 c1 Yu-Hsuan
Hi, I like your story very much. The interaction between Hiccup and Astrid is cute. Could I translate your story into Chinese and share it with others? If I got your permission, I would indicate the author's name (your name) and the source, and I would also paste the website address. Hope your reply to me.
10/9/2017 c1 131PutMoneyInThyPurse
"Everything that made it into his notebook was what his eyes couldn't see, what his mind could, and what his hands could make."
THAT is the most BRILLIANT depcition of an inventor EVER. I ADORE it. Thank you for this line. Beloved!
9/18/2017 c1 32freyja0taku
So I guess the cover is Hiccup's drawing? xD While I still like the idea that he can draw (welp) this is great and you made a valid point.
7/5/2017 c1 Funtasticme
Yes thank u! Someone finally gets it. I'm fine with people thinking Hiccup as an artist but they just jump to conclusions instead of what's most likely more accurate. In the movies and the shows Hic... woah right I. The middle of my sentence I realized when hiccup is mapping everything there are really nice pictures so I guess he his? In a way... umm I totally messed up my rant, didn't I. Oh well love this story
4/8/2017 c1 7110Blue10
I admit, I'm one of the people who assumed he was an artist artist...but I love your take, and it makes so much more sense.
11/11/2016 c1 11Queen Bovine
You always have such great insights into these characters' personalities. I agree, the 'Hiccup being discovered as a secretly masterful artist' thing gets old fast. Of all of the riders, it's Tuffnut who could I see being a passionate artist. Fishlegs is probably pretty decent, too, from making entries in the Book of Dragons.

I'd imagine that Hiccup would get really good at drawing dragons only because he's constantly making things for them. I remember seeing multiple drawings of Toothless in flight on the table/wall of his room in the forge.

I love that Astrid is still coming to terms with all her misconceptions about Hiccup, and also that Hiccup isn't angry or spiteful about the misunderstandings (like FAR TOO MANY depictions of him are), just exasperated and amused.

And the cover art makes so much sense now, I love it XD
10/1/2016 c1 14The pen or The sword
Only problem is we see hiccups drawings and they are really good...
4/14/2016 c1 6Dragons and Dragons
YES! I agree with this SO much!
3/23/2016 c1 Orion's Left Arm
Sweet story. I guess I never really noticed just what hiccup actually drew.
2/3/2016 c1 BlatantBookwomr
This is cute and seems about accurate.
12/17/2015 c1 Houndini
Its the watercolor paintings of Toothless
11/24/2015 c1 King Kenya
I can just see it. Draw me like one of your Norse girls!
73 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »