for Inquiry

8/15/2012 c23 34Brighid45
Dunh dunh DUNH! And so Wilson gets to sit in the hot seat . . . and well he should be there for what he's done. I love Wilson, he's a great character and along with House, the linchpin of show-but he needs to be held accountable for what he's done to House.

Is House blameless? No, and you've made it clear that he's not. But Wilson in particular has perpetrated some spectacularly cruel actions against Greg, and he should answer for them. His attitude about the Vicodin is a good example of the utter hysteria about narcotics that pervades American culture, and medical culture as well.

Great chapter. Enjoy your time away and can't wait for more when you return :)
8/15/2012 c1 1Priority
I'm loving this, Harp! Love the way you're rounding out some of the "blah" characters - Adams, Park, et al - and bringing in OCs to fill in parts of House's past the show never considered, or showed us. It goes without saying you write with a masterful hand on the main players such as Chase and Foreman, Stacy, Taub, etc. And as others have said - yay for Ridiculously Old Fraud! Keep goin', m'colleague. I want to know what this is all leading up to!
8/15/2012 c23 Visitkarte
Yeeey, Wilson is alive and in remission! And this is where you leave us hanging? Well, I love "seeing" saint Wilsom squirming! I love the guy because he makes House laugh, but...
8/15/2012 c23 De-em
Again, well written. I'm sure that Wilson will have quite a number of things to think about by the time this interview is over. Thanks for telling us you are away for a week. Have a good time and looking forward to the next chapter when you are back home again.
8/15/2012 c23 2508joanna
I've been reading this for a while, and haven't reviewed yet, but wanted to let you know I think you're doing a really fine job with this. I'm glad you've kept Wilson alive, and put him in remission. I do think he's probably not as clueless as you're making him (for instance, I think he felt horrible after the detox week and realized that he'd made quite a large mistake - he admits to Cuddy that "we've done enough damage"). But it's your story and your point of view, which is fine. Too bad you've killed off Blythe; I would've been very interested in her testimony. Don't know where you're leading with this, but I'm hoping that House is still alive and that all of this inquiry is somehow to determine if he should face criminal charges for faking his own death. Look forward to upcoming chapters - you've captured the different voices and attitudes of all these characters very well.
8/15/2012 c23 35OldSFfan
Wilson isn't looking good here, is he? In fact, it looks like malpractice, not to mention a serious breach of trust and friendship.
Have a good week. I'll just hang myself by my toes from a rafter and try to hibernate like a bat while you're leaving us hanging...
8/14/2012 c22 Visitkarte
Wow! I wish the canon Nolan was this smart... Instead of being a part of the system, actually try to protect his patient. Sigh...
8/14/2012 c22 De-em
A serious and well written chapter.
8/14/2012 c22 34Brighid45
Thank you so much for reclaiming Dr. Nolan from the disaster that was 'Baggage'. I hated what the writers did with a character who was fully House's equal, professionally speaking at any rate. Nolan's insights here are powerful and give House's abusive childhood the weight and importance it deserves as a factor in House's adult behavior. It's good to know that (in your story at least) House continued his work with Nolan and gained from it to some extent. Excellent chapter.
8/14/2012 c22 35OldSFfan
This may be the most tragic chapter yet.
8/14/2012 c21 34Brighid45
Another excellent OC. Greenblatt's view of House is realistic: while he didn't really care for House personally, he was still able to see that House was brilliant and a major asset to the hospital despite the problems he caused. His statements are rational, objective, and based in experience and fact. His comments leave no doubt that while House was indeed misusing his pain medication, he was also not being given any help by the very people who were supposed to be managing his pain and by extension, offering him a workplace conducive to his disability. Damning and sad testimony, but good to know there was at least one intelligent and relatively unprejudiced person on the board of directors. Great chapter.
8/14/2012 c20 5harpomarx
yahnis14:

It's fairly apparent my story will never please you, although you seem to have made up your mind where you think it's going without giving it the benefit of the doubt. I've said repeatedly that I have included not only things that took place on the show, but also things that can reasonably be suggested or inferred... such as the fact that Arlene's behavior would reasonably have come to the attention of the board, as it affected the operation of the hospital.

If my writing annoys you this much, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading. It's definitely time for you to stop posting such unpleasant comments. I don't have any objections to constructive suggestions - in fact, I welcome them. But your obsession with House and Cuddy, and the way you keep second-guessing me and maligning my writing is unnecessary and unkind. If you do it again, I will simply delete your comments.

There are plenty of love stories about House and Cuddy out there. Go read one of those instead. Both of us will be much happier that way.

-harp
8/13/2012 c21 35OldSFfan
Another powerful and also rational chapter. Cuddy and poor old Wilson really aren't coming off well here, are they?
8/13/2012 c21 yahnis14
"As you know, that led to the threat of a major lawsuit from her mother a few months later."
And we didn't see on show that Arlene said about her wish to sue them to anyone (beside House,Cuddy and Wilson) so why Greenblatt know it? And it was very good explained on the show WHY she did this. Only because she wanted them two to be together,and not that she seriously decided to harm her daughter career. So,it's very strange that this doctor tell us about threat of lawsuit. How did he know at all?
And goal of this fic is to show us what evil Cuddy was, I just don't understand,if all this so clear how so smart man like House didn't see this? I mean may be this picture it's wrong,because he really loved this woman. And he isn't dumb. So she deserves his love.
8/13/2012 c21 dnkj
I hope you're having as much fun writing this as I a reading it. You are giving a voice to so much we've all felt on House's behalf. Great stuff
409 « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »