for Inquiry

9/22/2014 c18 29BabalooBlue
I'm not sure House was embarrassed about the prison 'connection' they shared. I think for him that chapter was closed. He had taken his punishment, done his time, and that was it. And yes, he repaid Adams for her support and loss of her job by offering her a place on his team. But he would've never done that if he hadn't thought she was suitable. Had she been a mediocre doctor, he wouldn't have bothered, I'm sure.
9/22/2014 c17 BabalooBlue
I always felt a bit sorry for Martha but I did like her. She really didn't fit in anywhere, and she was the perfect person for House to pick on. She really got a crash course in 'real life as a doctor' while she was there. True, being on House's team is something of an exception, those aren't normal circumstances. But still, most of the dilemmas she faced while on House's team, she would have to face again and again in whatever part of medicine she finally chose.
9/22/2014 c16 BabalooBlue
One Day, One Room is one of my favourite episodes.
Interesting to see that Eve came back. And no, House wouldn't have followed up with Eve - she got too close and he opened up too much to her.

She wanted him as her doctor simply because he didn't treat her with kid gloves, she had enough of that. He didn't know how to deal with her, so he treated her like everyone else, mostly anyway.
9/22/2014 c15 BabalooBlue
I would've liked to meet Dr Martin, for sure. I imagine she and House got on pretty well, all things considered.
9/20/2014 c13 BabalooBlue
Love this look into House's time as a student. Yes, he would have been a pain in the butt for some or most of his teachers. Students like that are a challenge not many are willing (or able) to take on.
9/20/2014 c12 BabalooBlue
Interesting to see how Cameron has grown. I like her much better now than before. ;)
9/20/2014 c11 BabalooBlue
Another person who got to see a side of House that not everybody got to see. House did things for people he cared about, without worrying that it might get him into trouble in the process. This happened several times throughout the show and yet House is portrayed as a selfish bastard. Well, your story, with all its different viewpoints, changes that picture.
9/19/2014 c10 BabalooBlue
Oh yes, those scenes with Lydia were special. She did indeed get to see a very different side of House. He was desperate for human connection, true, and for once he was in a position where he could actually dare to act on it.
9/19/2014 c9 BabalooBlue
Ha. I really liked Cate Milton. She was definitely able to hold her own with House. Her explanation of living up or down to expectations is a really good one, and certainly true for House.
9/17/2014 c8 BabalooBlue
Interesting chapter. Good to see that House actually did have a pain management doctor, at least for a while. The only thing that bugs me a little is that he didn't impress it on House that it's important to take his pain meds (whatever they may be, vicodin eventually) regularly and on a fixed schedule. A fixed dose won't let the pain get out of control (except for breakthroughs). The way House handled it - as far as we could see on the show - was to take meds when he felt the need for them. That's actually too late. I'm pretty sure that, with the right meds and a properly adjusted schedule, he could've actually been taking less and had better results.
BUT, having said all that, getting House to do anything on schedule, on a prescribed regimen, is probably nigh on impossible. So there's that. (Plus, it's not half as dramatic.)
9/17/2014 c7 BabalooBlue
Gah, the tripwire and signs on the elevator - I was so angry at Cuddy that time. The thing about House's pranks is, they rarely ever hurt anyone physically (at least I can't recall even one incident, but I'd be happy to be corrected by someone) whereas pranks played on him more often than not injured or hurt him physically. Taub is right to get angry on his behalf - House himself wouldn't. He let things go, again, because he thought he deserved it in some way, in my opinion.
9/17/2014 c6 BabalooBlue
I fully agree with Chase's assessment - Cuddy was the one who was a lot more volatile than House. House was almost predictable in his unpredictability (if that makes sense). And yes, he was very forgiving of transgressions against himself - in my opinion because he felt he deserved it.
And one other thing Chase put his finger on. Why didn't anyone ever treat House like a patient when he needed it? Good question. House was certainly the first to deny he needed to be treated like a patient - a way of keeping everyone at arm's length and not admitting weakness and the need for help. But on the other hand, apparent 'friends' should have spotted what was going on.
Great Chase chapters!
9/17/2014 c5 BabalooBlue
I don't think Chase could inspire the same awe as House did, ever. Mind you, I think Chase is an excellent successor. But that awe was inspired by House's personality and his unwillingness to conform and 'play nice'. Of course it was also House's mind and incredibly vast knowledge - which is something Chase might acquire in his own time.

I really like Chase's insights here: House waved his apparent faults in everyone's face but kept his virtues close to his heart. How very true.

Of all the fellows, I think Chase has made the greatest strides, he's really grown.
9/15/2014 c4 BabalooBlue
Yes, why exactly was House required to be in Trenton while his team, all young and able-bodied people, were safely in the ER, doing their jobs and not the jobs of EMTs? I've asked that question so many times and the only answer I can come up with is, it was sloppy writing. Thank you for bringing this up!
And it's nice to see the Foreman of today look at things from an administrator's perspective, something which he couldn't have done before.
9/15/2014 c2 BabalooBlue
Ha, yes indeed. Why didn't anyone stop House? Because it was too convenient, because he insisted, because he's more stubborn than a mule and because it helped some people. Some more than others. I'm still mad at Wilson for asking for the DBS, although I do get why he did it. It was just a big, big mess.
409 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »