for Memories Kept Alive

1/2/2021 c2 Love Crossovers
After Belle and Nemo have gotten their fair share of food, they walked with Mrs. Potts.
"I don't understand why you're being so kind to us," Belle said to Mrs. Potts as she and Nemo walked all around the castle. "Surely, you're as trapped here as we are. Don't you ever want to escape?" she asked.
"The master's not as terrible as he appears," Mrs. Potts advised. "Somewhere deep in his soul, there's a prince of a fellow who just waiting to be set free."
Nemo begun to look up at the West Wing curiously.
Belle noticed that which made her think of something. "Lumiere mentioned something about a West Wing?" she asked Mrs. Potts.
"Never you mind about that," Mrs. Potts tutted. "Off to bed with you, poppets."
"Good night." Belle added.
"Nighty night." Mrs. Potts nodded as she went away in the tea tray as Belle and Nemo went upstairs.
"Straight to bed." Mrs. Potts nodded on her way out.
She was gone for the night.

Belle and Nemo looked over and began to make their way over to the West Wing, even if they were told not to go there.
There was a bunch of stairs as they begun to run up while looking around to make sure no one was following them. Eventually, they made it up to the West Wing and as Belle made it there first, she soon opened the doors for herself and Nemo to come inside to take a look around. The room had several lit candles and appeared to be empty. She and Nemo made it into a bedroom before she soon looked over and saw what looked like a family portrait.
Belle and Nemo noticed some slashes in the painting before they soon walked further in the room.

Soon, Belle and Nemo came up to the bell jar to see the enchanted rose and reached out as she loved roses. "Another pretty rose!" Nemo thought to himself inwardly.
Eventually, the Beast stomped down which startled them. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT?!" he snarled at them viciously.
"Nothing!" Belle replied quietly.
"We didn't do anything to it." Nemo told the Beast as he sounded as if he was about to cry with pure fright in his widened eyes.
"Do you realize what you could have done?" The Beast asked firmly, making them back up. "You could've damned us all! GET OUT OF HERE!"
Which startled Belle and Nemo, causing them to run away.
"GO!" The Beast demanded until he panted a bit as he looked over the bell jar once Belle and Nemo were gone.
7/15/2018 c17 5PinkCookie11
Oh my gosh, I loved this story so much! It's been ages since I've watched Finding Nemo, but your fic got me back into it!

I saw that you had 99 reviews already and decided you should have 100 XD.
9/10/2017 c17 10Rennyangelee
I reread this about...I don't even know how many times. I had a crush on Gill when the movie came out and I was ten, and it's never gone away completely. (Hey, I'm not the only one with a closet crush on this guy!) I hope you can return to Gill again someday-I love him in your story!
8/21/2016 c8 Undertakerlover 1306
Nemo and Gill finally found each other! This is one chapter that made me cry. Oh and I was waiting for Gill to say Sharkbait all throughout the chapter.
7/20/2016 c17 14firedrakegirl
This was beautiful. After watching Finding Nemo about five times a day since Saturday, (I've been sitting with my little brother in the hospital and the choice of movies there is rather small) I've been struck with a need to know what happened to the Tank Gang, especially Gil. Thank you for figuring it out.
6/13/2016 c17 Guest
Summary for A Moorish Idol's Life:
When Gill lost his son and wife after a terrible incident, he makes friends with a group of fish in Sydney and becomes their leader. Join with Gill as he goes on journey through his life in childhood, adulthood,
fatherhood and leadership.
6/12/2016 c8 8ShawnaTheAwesomeWriter
Beautiful! 3
God, I love Gill!~
5/11/2016 c17 Guest
I liked this story about what Gill's life in the past was like before he became the leader of the Tank Gang. I have a request for you. Can you write a new story about Gill's life before he lost his family and after he found a new family in the Tank Gang, Nemo, Marlin and Dory called "A Moorish Idol's Life" and add the stuff from Memories Kept Alive? I want you to do that because I want to see more of Gill's life before he lost Marion and Milo.

I hope you like my request.
12/15/2015 c17 Guest
I'm so happy that Gill has a loving new family. Can you add a song for Gill, The Tank Gang, Nemo, Marlin and Dory to sing. Something like this:

Gill:
Fins to warm me when cold
Lips that smiled and never scold
Ears the listen, fins that hold.
My friends are just like family

Nemo:
The ones who wipe your tears when you feel small

Marlin:
The ones who always be there when you called

Dory:
The ones who truly love you most of all

Gill:
My friends are just like family

Chorus:
My friends are just like family!
11/18/2014 c17 Guest
YOU NEED TO MAKE A SEQUEL!
6/24/2014 c17 fragrant flower
Well done
12/11/2013 c15 2BlackJay150
That was so sad and beautiful, it made me cry. :')
12/9/2013 c1 Kimberly McClint
You should complete this story! This was so intriguing! I loved this story. It is the best so far!
11/29/2013 c17 Someone
CURSE YOU, GILL! After your life's story, I can't stop crying! *sniff sniff*
7/18/2013 c17 58Snowflake Archive
Well, I finally read through all of this. It's a pretty good fanfiction, though maybe just because it's a "Finding Nemo" story I kind of wanted a little more of the journey with the Tank Gang, since that's where character development and clever jokes were happening more or less.

Gill's recovery was a bit sudden. Not that it isn't understandable that he would find a lot of relief in letting this secret finally go (and some people really do keep things like that to themselves for too long), but there's a lot of complication to grief and grief patterns. Call it an odd thought, but the way Gill is set up, it seemed he was the darkened athiest who believed his family was gone and he could never accept the idea of an afterlife (dare we call it Fish Heaven?) for his family. I'm reading too much into it, but it's how I think. I just took a class in death and dying psychology where we had a philosophy of "there's no fix, but coping" for these things.

Anyway, it's still a good fic. There's lots of description to get into these interpretations of the characters and plenty of moments that seem in-character. For any shippers out there, personally I would have wanted to see more Geb and less Dorlin, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary, but it's never in your face.

*S. Snowflake