for The Crucible: What Happened Instead

12/23/2019 c6 114ninjadevil2000
Oh my god this was so good. It hurt but it was brilliantly written. Well done
6/22/2019 c6 13last1stnding
The Crucible was my favorite Bonanza episode but I was almost afraid to read this after the 'what if they never found Adam in the desert' line. (Noooo!) But I'm so glad I did. Your descriptions of emotions in this are so vibrant. I found especially moving Ben's desolation and despair turning into joy at the end.
Well done.
10/28/2015 c6 Guest
That was a wonderful story. I couldn't see the last chapter I was welling up so much. Oh please write more here. That was deadly I loved it
5/31/2015 c6 43Questfan
I think you almost made me cry! I can imagine that Adam would never give up, no matter what, especially if he thought Joe was still in danger. Your OC's were wonderful and I really enjoyed this.
9/21/2012 c6 Guest
excellent writing. ending brought tears to my eyes. keep up the good work.
8/26/2012 c6 TexasMartha
I really did enjoy this alternate ending to the episode. Very well written with lots of emotion. This is just what I can see Adam doing in that circumstance. Nothing would have kept him from getting home to his family. Thank you.
8/7/2012 c6 cma1
Excellent. When can we expect more?
8/3/2012 c6 xobin
Just realized I posted my thanks as a guest... silly computer had logged me out... I just wanted to thank you again for the story. The ending, Adam getting home, Ben's feelings of despair. Thank you.
8/3/2012 c6 Guest
Great ending. Thanks for the story.
8/3/2012 c6 BJ2
Brilliant! Agonizing! Heartwarming! Jubilant! I felt every one of the emotions Ben felt. I knew his unimaginable joy when recognition dawned. I wish you could see the grin on my face right now. :D Thank you for posting this!
8/3/2012 c6 158Tauna Petit-Strawn
I'm glad he made it home.
8/1/2012 c4 BJ2
Thank goodness he's finding kind people along the way. He definitely deserves it, poor baby. I loved this:

""Oh, certainly. I'm sure you had nothing to do with teaching them by example." Maggie cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. Somehow she couldn't picture this charming young man turning anyone away, even after speaking to him for only a few minutes."

He picked up two legged strays the way Hoss went for the ones with four!

I hope that your posting older stories means your muse is screaming at you again. There could never be enough good Adam stories to read. Just sayin'... ;)
7/31/2012 c3 xobin
Interesting choice Adam made... leave out on his own without trying to contact home with the Sheriffs help... Look forward to the next chapter.
7/29/2012 c3 littlemom
I'm really liking this version of the story. Look forward to see where you go with it.
7/29/2012 c2 BJ2
A Crucible story I haven't read! I do love it when my darling Adam suffers. I'm really looking forward to more!
18 Page 1 2 Next »