for First Steps

7/27/2016 c10 Aurowanfinn
I read this whole story today and just discovered your blog. Th I s story is wonderful and remains completely true to the characters. Thank you for sharing this.
7/10/2016 c10 Guest
Just reread this story, and it is wonderful! A great mix of hurt, anguish and humour, and describes so well what I imagine must have been in Matthew's mind after the war. Really hope to see more MM from you, you write so well! Many thanks!
9/2/2014 c10 PrincessBPC
I have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful story
6/27/2013 c10 36Pemonynen
Apologies that it has taken me so long to get to this! Their flirting at Christmas (in the previous chapter) was so sweet and definitely helped to charge the atmosphere between them a little bit! The ending was just wonderful, and I loved that it was a scene between Matthew and Isobel rather than one between him and Mary. Slightly redundant now, but well done for finishing it and thank you for writing it! :)
6/12/2013 c10 judyl1
I love your story,-This Modern Love, so I went looking for other stories you have written. This is really wonderful. You get in Matthew's head so well. It felt just right. Thanks for your great writing.
6/7/2013 c10 MK
Oh, I am tearing up. Your writing is so beautiful. You have captured Matthew's mind so clearly and perfectly.

Thank you for sharing your talent. I hope you will write more!
3/5/2013 c10 downtonlove
Your story is absolutely stunning. I loved all the symmetry used throughout this. You're an incredible writer and please never, ever stop. I loved each month watching how Matthew accepted each new step and how he overcame his pain. However much I will miss M/M you've explored a significant part of canon that we never got to be a part of. Thank you for this. Brilliant!

I do hope that you'd think of writing some M/M smut. I loved how you wrote the chemistry between them even though they never did anything but it was still so hot, from Matthew's POV. I look forward to reading more of your fics. Cheers.
3/5/2013 c10 Guest
That was a beautiful finish - love this moment between Isobel and Matthew and seeing his thought process on the engagement. Thanks for sharing this story!
3/5/2013 c10 Audrey C
Very happy to see a final chapter. Just wonderful journey in this story. Perfectly in character. Loved the family's toast to Matthew and Mary. Love the idea of the infinity ring. What a wonderful couple. At least we have fan fiction to comfort us. Look forward to reading more from you!
3/5/2013 c9 Audrey C
The 'Shakespearean insults' game was so wonderful. How very fitting for them. And I loved the words on the postcard, especially, 'fond and true'. Didn't realize that I forgot to review this chapter earlier. Sad to see the story coming to a close. But this is a good close for sure.
3/5/2013 c10 luvgoround
This was so beautiful and the ring is beautiful. I love that - Infinity - and that really is how long his love will last for her - and her for him - endless.
3/5/2013 c10 Guest
I've really enjoyed this journey through Matthew's mind - you have done justice to the character, and it's quite lovely that M&M are together, thank you!
3/4/2013 c10 usafan2
Absolutely beautiful writing!
3/4/2013 c10 10Lady Etiquette
I did post a review to January but hadn't signed in, so it posted as a Guest! :) Anyway, I'm the reviewer that mentions the nice closure with Lavinia, and sadness that JF did not script a scene between Matthew and Isobel in S3 like the one you wrote-it would have been perfect. It was all truly well done and touching. Thank you! :)
3/4/2013 c10 Guest
Very beautiful. I"m sorry we did not get to see a scene like this between Isobel and Matthew in S3...too bad. I love the description of the ring, etc. Nice closure with Lavinia. This was very heartwarming and refelcts Matthew's full journey. Thank you! :)
69 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »