for Improbable vs Impossible

1/12/2017 c7 14Clem Marchal
God (s), I love this story so much ! Please, do continue, it truly is one of the best fics I've read in daysand the first long one in months!
4/1/2014 c7 1Blithesome
This story is so well written, that I just became more amazed the further I read. The characterization is brilliant, and I especially like how Draco is not idolized here. He really is a jerk, and it's Harry who has to adapt quite often to make things work. It's funny for me as a reader - but quite believable - how Draco is putting up a fight against all those who try to "redeem" him in an attempt to keep some semblance of normalcy in his life.

I thought that it was a bit childish and petty of Hermione to get all upset when Draco didn't just accept her ideals willingly in a short time... And it's nice to see that Ron is perhaps finally starting to think about Draco's point of view instead of giving him grief like everyone else. That's the best part in this fic - everyone has good points and flaws, and no character is Mr. Perfect. There are so many fics where one character is put on a pedestal and the rest of them are bashed, that this feels like a breath of fresh air. I especially like the interactions between the characters - the discussions jump in unexpected directions and sometimes their relationships take a big step backward instead of progressing. I love that, it makes for a good story.

I also applaud you for creating such an interesting fic from such a small change to the canon universe. The best part is that it's a completely plausible change... I could see Narcissa dying to protect her son.

One thing that stood out to me in this fic was when Draco kept questioning Harry angrily if he really wants him as a friend instead of a charity case. I could understand him being very upset about no longer having anyone who truly has his best interests at heart. Looking out for someone because you care about them as a person is quite different from offering help to someone who's in need, after all. Oh, and Harry in mother hen mode is adorable. Draco must feel very irritated and confused about it, but he's taking it rather well, all things considered.

The grammar, vocabulary etc. are superb in this story, but I'd like to point out that when Harry and Draco went to the corner store, you forgot to insert an actual French phrase and there was this writer's filler block saying "frenchfrenchfrenchfrench". You might want to fix that at some point.
1/12/2014 c7 shunned-one
This was pretty darn good! I'm not sure it wasn't more popular.
3/22/2013 c2 Fullmoon2335
That was so totally COOL! Kudos to Molly Weasley for sticking up for Harry Potter! You have my undivided attention... at least until I run out of chapters to read...
12/25/2012 c7 Dreams.Written.In.The.Stars
-Sigh- I love this chapter as much as I loved all the others! This story pretty much kills me, it's such an awesome example of GOOD Drarry fiction. I didn't actually like this couple until I read your story and you converted me :D

General angst is perfect, angst is very, very, very good :D also, please don't turn Harry dark! You said you didn't want to anyway, but just in case you changed your mind, part of the reason I love this so much is the IC-ness of it! Although Harry learning dark magic without becoming dark is certainly interesting...

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, this is great! Keep up the good work and update soon!
12/15/2012 c7 21twin1
Sorry, don't have any ideas, but wanted to let you know that I love this so far.
12/9/2012 c7 1smak978
Yay! This fic is definately fast becoming one of my favourites, I'm glad you decided to update. :) I'm not usually good with helping with plots though, the plot-bunny's get me bad, but I do like your idea of general angst and their relationship growing closer. Harry learning dark magic would definately be interesting, I like that plan too, and you don't have to turn it into a dark!Harry fic if you don't want to. I've been continuously grinning like a maniac when I saw this was updated, so thank you! :)
11/30/2012 c6 smak978
please, please, please update!
9/24/2012 c6 5SunseticMonster
The Oh my God this fic is amazing! The dialogue is genius and spot-on. There were.a few moments that made me laugh out loud-one of them when draco mentioned offering hermione her own toffee and then said "well, earlier" omg so many more, but Im falking asleep. I couldnt put this story down! Will comment more when fully awake . Love it!
9/10/2012 c6 1NightlyCrazex
Loooove dracos reluctance to be friends! Keep it up, especially the fighting with Ron and hermione bit. I hate when they're too happy and accepting :)
9/1/2012 c6 5FreyrFnk
you could have no real plot at all and just wing it until something explosive happens... but with your delightfully lovely nasty Draco they probably need a catalyst I suppose x)

I particularly loved him still mocking Harry after having his face punched at the Burrow B hehe too many people try to make him a softie deep inside so it's nice to see Draco written to his perfectly spoiled self

anywho...

you could work short term plots with taking down or just neutralizing the Death Eater Slytherin's ... really the story is pretty ambiguous and could go anywhere xD maybe you should think about what you want from the story? Aside from Draco / Harry coming along in relationship?
8/19/2012 c6 3blackcurrent
I love the beginning. Please continue.
8/19/2012 c6 1TumTums
Wow I am in total agreement with your last reviewere- this should totally have more reviews! whats wrong with people these days! The thing I like about your story the most is that it is exactly in character, yet the stry is still believable. I love how you have developed HArry and Draco's relationship so far and I am eagerly waiting your next chapter. Continue writing, and keep up the good work! :)
8/19/2012 c6 Jumping Ships
OMG. I actually can't believe you don't have more reviews on this! You have their personalities so IC, I'm amazed you've managed to do it, and still have them growing closer. So many Drarry fics are horrifyingly OOC, or, even worse, they'll be IC and then the author will rush the relationship, and you're left thinking, 'well, why are they all of a sudden in love?'

I really appreciate your plotline- you didn't just have Draco randomly notice in class one day that 'OMGosh! Potter's eyes are beautiful!' Being forced together in the harsh circumstances of the Dursley household is, I think, enough to force anyone to bond- and Draco's nightmares were a nice added touch. Also, I LOL'd when Harry said 'Well maybe I miss your whining. Ron doesn't have quite the same tone.' Hahaha!

And, you've kind of pointed out a detail in the way Harry makes friends that I had never noticed before. When Harry is trying to convince Draco to be friends, he kind of caters a lot to what Draco wants- saying that he's, in ways, better than Ron and Hermione, and how much fun would it be to annoy the other Gryffindors? At first, I thought it bordered on OOC for Harry to be saying these things about Ron and Hermione, even if he didn't think they were really true and was just trying to appease Draco, and then I realized that it actually wasn't, because by this point, Harry already sees Draco as a friend, and Harry is very loyal to his friends, and, in the book series, is always reluctant to do anything which would mean they'd be angry with him. And when Harry made friends with Ron on the Hogwarts Express, he kinda catered to Ron's needs- sharing his sweets with him, and then telling Ron all about how the Dursleys treated him when Ron mentions how little money he has. And then I realized, it kinda makes sense, for Harry to want to do anything to hold onto his friends, because for the first eleven years of his life, he didn't HAVE friends.

Um, you said at the end of this chapter that you weren't going to make this follow canon, but, I think maybe you should. I mean, I know having Draco kill Dumbledore was supposed to be a suicide mission because he's so young, but maybe instead Voldemort could assign Snape to kill Dumbledore (to which Dumbledore agrees because he is so much older than Snape, has seen more of life, blah, blah, blah) and then maybe Voldemort initiates another student (maybe someone older, like a seventh year Slytherin? You could even make an OC for this if you wanted, they're only important for the sixth book) do the whole Vanishing Cabinet thing, because Voldemort had a HUGE advantage once he overtook Hogwarts, I can see how he would really want that job done. And I think if you followed canon at least somewhat, you'd have a better idea of what direction your story is going in, since you're running out of ideas. Plus, I always love to see the ways in which people fit non-canon couples into canon. And seventh year, come on! That just screams lovely Drarry angst while they are separated during the Horcrux Hunt!

So, yeah. Love this story. Please don't discontinue it or anything! And... sorry this review is so horribly long :)
8/16/2012 c6 Guest
ummm i like the idea of the story but can u make molly and hermione back off a little. no offense. i do like the story though.
17 Page 1 2 Next »