FanFiction.Net
for Octopus Head

6/27/2014 c1 19ONNMT has moved
I absolutely love this.

It's adorable and cute, but what was by far one of my most favourite bits (and I'm surprised no one else commented on this), was the touch of sadness at the end. Ib, for all her maturity, is still a child, and she can't help but let her mind stray to the artificial blonde that she watched go insane. Regardless of Mary's mental state, she and Ib were still friends until the end, and I'm going to establish a headcanon wherein this is set after Promise of Reunion - after Mary's death. That's why Ib had to force herself to steer away from the past and Mary, and focus on the now and Garry.

Despite how light and innocent this appears, the way that Ib seems to unconsciously throw up a childish facade to protect herself from the events at the Gallery and the loss of a friend is just so subtle yet emotional ("So for now, she would just enjoy her time, as Garry the Octopus and Ib the mermaid). "She'd said weirder things before" strengthens my view - no one can leave the Gallery not be scarred in some way, even if Ib - for now - is a little to young to fully grasp the horror, I can see her mumbling incoherent things that even she doesn't understand. Alas, her juvenile mind limits her ability to progress information, even if her heart aches...

Thank you for this, really. Good job *heart*.

-ONNMT
7/11/2013 c1 Just another fangirl3
Cute
4/26/2013 c1 8Sometsuki
That was so adorable and funny!
1/4/2013 c1 5PhantasmicAngel
Short, but very, very cute!
1/1/2013 c1 1Seira Viq
Mary is the crab or lobster or whatever Sebastian is.
10/21/2012 c1 Dontloseyoureyes
aw thats so cute!
10/1/2012 c1 15Mystia Katsuragi
Haha, Ib the mermaid! This was cute. c:
8/31/2012 c1 4Tamaki
I liked how you captured Ib maturity, but still brought in that childness she would still have (or that could be a part of her character). "He was an octopus head. Yes, it was a childish term, but it worked. He was now officially, Garry the Octopus." This line is really cute, and it's nice to see her use her imagination. The fact you got her to recognize it is childish is nice because it shows she is indulging herself while in this crazy world, and is okay to play.

I also appreciate how you show her thinking process as well,"If Garry is an octopus, she thought, I have to be fish or something too. An angel fish? ... No. A crab? ... Uh-uh. Then an idea embedded itself into her brain. A mermaid. Ib would be a mermaid. The best mermaid in the history of nine year old girls turned into mythical mer-creatures." It's cute how she is exploring her imagination, and escaping, and how she has such big dreams on being the best mermaid. It's nice how you are interacting, and exploring the characters to wonder what they would think with common things, and it is fitting she is thinking Octupus and about sea creatures considering it was that fish painting that got them in this mess. In a way, they are underwater. XD

She's said weirder things before."

Gotta admit, this part was really funny because it is like, oh-my-goodness-what-has-she-said-before! XDDDDDDDDDDD

If anything, there is only one teensy thing that needs to be fixed. In this paragraph:

-Ib laughed from atop of Garrys shoulders. I mean, her pet octopus's shoulders. "What is it, Ib?" he asked, sending her a questioning look. "Nothing, Octopus." she sighs contentedly. Garry looks at her oddly, before shrugging it off.-

Because there are two sets of dialogue, it should be like this:

Otherwise, this is great, and you did a good job with the thoughts, and sentence structure, at the beginning was also amusing how her thoughts are coming around in such segments. XD
8/21/2012 c1 AuroraNyumun
Really funny x)

But did you know that Garry hair are in reality a purple rose upside down ?

But still... Very funny