for The Day He Finally Stopped Grinning

8/7/2015 c1 15Bronwyn Celtia
Sad but beautiful. It started George Jones' "He stopped loving her today" in my head, even though you wrote it so that Enos out-lived Daisy. He'd have made a decent dad. He'd have been an awesome grandpa.
9/21/2013 c1 5gwenjm
The emotion in this piece was lush and beautiful. I enjoyed it.
10/9/2012 c1 5Divawannabe24
So sad yet so true.
10/2/2012 c1 20civilwarrose
This was beautiful and so sad! My heart breaks for Enos! I really would hope that his life didn't turn out that way, holding a torch for Daisy all his life if she did not really commit to him. Actually, I partly agree with the other reviewer. Daisy was a beautiful charmer and she was always flirting him and distracting him. I honestly prefer your other scenario where he ended up with a wife who seemed much more devoted, and hopefully was not the model-perfect gorgeous flirt. It bugs me because all guys prefer women like Daisy. Not that I still don't like her as a character, though. Well I shall stop rambling, wonderful writing!
9/3/2012 c1 2RisingEmber
An interesting take on the whole Enos/Daisy relationship. Personally I never cared for the pairing. Daisy took advantage of Enos and his fondness of her. She would use her sex appeal to distract him when ever it suited her and then practically threw herself at any man that came to town that smiled her way. Put it simply, Daisy could be viewed as a slut. Oh she was sweet and all but I know a lot of women in real life that, while are very personable and friendly, constantly go chasing after men. I would have loved to see Enos decide that he'd had enough. It would have been a hoot for him to go back to Hazzard in one of the movies with a WIFE! A good woman that knew Enos inside and out and was perfect for him. Maybe I should write a one-shot with that in mind...
8/28/2012 c1 3Enos'sGal
Oh this was good! Really captured the angst he felt and to picture him at 100, still alone was so sad and heartbreaking...but you know what I mean, it captured how so many of us see his character as not the village idiot and dedicated to one life long love. Even if it meant he never got to be with her. GREAT WORK!
8/27/2012 c1 mygh91
Wow heartbreaking! And yet so bittersweet.
8/27/2012 c1 8WENN9366
Oh wow...that was wonderful. Absolutely beautiful.

I think you really captured what we who love Enos have tried and tried to convince people of - that's inside, he's not a bumbling idiot, that he's made choices and weighed the options. Thanks for putting it out there for everyone to see so eloquently.

I think you're starting to be influenced by the forum, lol.
8/27/2012 c1 40i1976 - blu notte
Very sad... but so real. I think you've pictured Enos attitude (his grin like a mask) and his deep love perfecly. Great work. Thank you.