for Terra sub Mea

12/16/2021 c8 3BrightSkywalker
I loved this chapter, and I like where the story is going. I appreciate that you give channelers on both ends of the Veil pros and cons. Power vs finesse.

As to your thoughts on the Creator. A being capable of creation has no shortage of attention. There is no reason, other than our anthropocentric understanding, to assume that he doesn’t care or know every single aspect of existence.

That’s why He/She/It is a Supreme Being.

A being without limits.
12/16/2021 c7 BrightSkywalker
The ending to this chapter feels weird, but your explanation of the nature of the Dark One is definitely an interesting one.
12/16/2021 c6 BrightSkywalker
He changed his name? That’s interesting. Did I miss it in a previous chapter? And why Adrian Atlas?
12/16/2021 c5 BrightSkywalker
Now that was an excellent prank!
12/16/2021 c4 BrightSkywalker
This is fascinating!
5/6/2018 c8 ADDicting
I really like your interpretation of how saidar and saidin work in regards to magic. this is a very interesting read. Thank you for writing and sharing it
7/15/2016 c8 TheDarkFallenOneOfLight
Now this is truely a unique story it's great I really hope you come back and update or finish this story
9/26/2015 c8 13RSegovia
This is very interesting. I would like to see how Harry might defeat Voldemort and get on with his life. Will he go back to the First World, as he calls it? Did he ever play around with traveling stones, which can travel between worlds?
9/25/2015 c8 davidhale1302
Wow, that was quite a "deep" tangent to go off on there...
Interesting stuff though. Is creation a force or is creation a conscious force?! Who knows? Have you ever read any Raymond E. Feist? He has one character called Nakor, who has some fantastic musings on the nature of Gods. Especially Gods of elemental aspects like a God of fire. Basically asking what comes first; the God of Fire or the worship of fire by sentient species that gives life to a God? Look, you've got me pondering the nature of things again and I don't have the excuse of having started an intro to philosophy class to fall back on.

I think the pause to the narrative for the philosophical musings made this your weakest chapter so far. The logic for him teaching at Hogwarts seems a bit weak from a plot point of view. But I like how your depicting Dumbledore and "Adrian".

9/25/2015 c7 davidhale1302
I think its quite an abrupt end to the chapter. The implicated made in the previous chapter is confirmed, so that is good resolution of a nice plot signpost. In that sense it is good.

9/25/2015 c6 davidhale1302
I am thoroughly impressed how you jumped between the worlds stylistically. It is your own style but I think you bring elements of both worlds into it.

Does sympathetic casting have anything to do with circles of channelers in WoT?

Loved how Dumbledore figured it out and helped them.
Was intrigued by the killing curse letting the dark one into you though. Very good

9/25/2015 c5 davidhale1302
I quite like your writing style. I don't think it comes across as "stuffing your writing with big words". I think the prose works in the context of world of the epic fantasy, ie the wheel of time. Whether it will work when trying to describe the world of Harry Potter I don't know. Saying that though, Rowlings writing style grew up with her characters, look at the "put-outer" in book 1 becoming the "delluminator" in book 7...

I won't comment on which way the story should go because it looks long abandoned, but I thought you might still like to hear some positive comments about your work.

9/25/2015 c4 davidhale1302
I like your development of Harry. I find it fascinating that some of your ideas on low amounts of power and the potential for intricate magic gel with the latter stories. Had you read the passages of Wheel with the older character at the Black Tower who was very low in power but capable of creating minute and intricate gateways with such incredible precision that he used it to help him work leather?

Anyway, I like the story. Quite intrigued to see how much time has pased for Sirius when 200 year old Harry speaks to him!

Thanks for Writing.
9/25/2015 c3 davidhale1302
Very interesting take on things. The few HP/WOT crossovers I've read tend to say that magic and the Onen Power are the same, but that wands are ter'angreal that allow the wealder to use it safely. Having Harry train to use the One Power essentially grants him wandless magic. I like the idea that the wand only seems to channel spirit and works differently. Very interesting take on the magical mechanics of both worlds, bravo!

9/25/2015 c2 davidhale1302
Who is the Aes Sedai? I thought he was going to be in either the basement of the Stone of Tear or with the Aelfinn or the Eelfinn not in a statis box. That is much more interesting. Setting it after Tarmon Gai'don is interesting as well.
54 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »