for Potter Who and the Wossname's Thingummy

2/23 c1 TrumpasaurusRex
The MC is beyond annoying. I’m ok with erratic behavior, but literally every sentence is designed to make him as autistic as possible. There is no intelligence in anything he does. In fact, most people assume he’s had a head injury or he’s insane. The Doctor is nothing like that.
2/13 c19 4oclockinthemorning
Okay halfway through chapter 19, I think I’m giving up. I read the first chapter with so much excitement! And I have really enjoyed all the scattered interesting BITS that make up this story. There were good bits with Dumbledore, but why is Dumbledore so uninterested in Harry? I.e. there’s a lack of …character dynamics generally. Like, other characters interacting with the main character is what makes fanfiction enjoyable for me. That doesn’t seem to happen here.
How can there be so many words on the page without any meaning or plot?
1/25 c42 4Wren Truesong
This. Is. INCREDIBLE. Absolutely marvellous, from beginning to end. The references! The complications! As a Whovian and a fan of stealing things from the terf i salute you, as a reader I adore you, and as a fellow writer of extremely complicated and detailed plots i wish to offer you the drink of your choice-metaphorically speaking. XD

I've spent the last day and a half bombarding my group chat with delighted quotes; i particularly loved Adams' speculation on the weirdness of American Wizarding 'history' (thank you for all the callouts on colonialism and looking down on savages), the entirety of the Knight Bus and Kirkus Alley trips, and how doesn't-know-he's-11 has gone from the Potter to the Rupert to the Tutor to apparently just Rupert for now who wonders a bit if he's an amnesiac Horcrux.

Come to that, i absolutely ADORE your Flamels, the alternate term for Horcruces that i could not possibly spell, and him being an actually good and dedicated pediatrician. Also things like auto-legilimency, the use of quantum in wizarding magic and thought (and thus why Harry's not leaking gold from his ears; waaaah DONNA), and the talk about fascism and why an Orphanage director shouldn't be reading the Daily Mail. Also the insights about the weirdness of Wool's.

I ADORE Beaconsfield and his efforts to keep Slytherin an actual, working, supportive house, and how he denounces Tom Riddle and why. I love your take on Percy, too, and on balancing with him.

I loved Merlin's hideaway, and all the time-clevernesses and hints that time is very, very broken, as well as Merlin's usual propensity to live backwards.

I wept a little at all the little emotional things the Doctor keeps catching on, like Susan and Amelia's names, at red grass and silver leaves. I cackled when Snape trotted out 'I am the Master and you will obey me,' and i couldn't help remembering that not only did Koschei basically have a Horcrux of his own, it was also a certain somebody's name at the Academy.

TLDR: FIC GOOD YOU AWESOME ALL HUGS IF LIKE HUGS.
12/26/2021 c2 drwx
"cloud-lit with blue and green phosphorescent fungi"
I think the Doctor of all people would be able to distinguish phosphorescence from, among other things, chemiluminescence, which is much more likely in this environment. Phosphorescence is a usually short-lasting phenomenon, with usual half-life on the order of milliseconds or less, very rarely with visible emission after hours from excitation. Chemiluminescence can be sustained indefinitely, as long as reagents are available.
12/11/2021 c42 6TheGuestAlikai
Well. I’ve re-read all of it. What am I meant to do now?
11/30/2021 c39 Guest
You must be a heck of whacky kooky guy to make up this wonderful weird crossover shit. How the heck did u even manage to come up with the story, dialogue , characterizations and all th researches into facts n info that nobody knew that they ever thought abt. great work! are we getting more chapters? December 2021 is coming up and I see no updates oct 23 here. Should I bookmark this story just in case u update it?
11/23/2021 c1 Christopher
You can't blame her for not recognizing Eccles. There's a ton of Eccles. An Eccles ton
11/20/2021 c42 Guest
Ah man, I'm glad to see this is active again. I really like how Tom's characterization is being done
11/15/2021 c42 Guest
This isn't just one of the best HP/DW crossovers I've ever read - it's also one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read. Seriously, the explanations you come up with for the little details of the wizarding world (the LEAST subtle of which being why the Defense Against the Dark Arts is called as such) are brilliant, and the way you portray The Doctor slowly growing into himself beats anything I've read before. Half the time, other authors just make him say silly things at random while being excitable, but you portray the nuances of his character really really well. He makes mistakes, gets ahead of himself, realizes he did poorly, and does his best to help Harry without completely overriding the kid's life with his own. Nobody is overpowered, everyone's characters are being explored nicely (especially Tom), and you go deep into the philosophy of magic rather than just waving your hands and saying "well it's magic, it just works that way". This is the first story I've read that gave Voldemort's desire for immortality more depth than "death sucks", and you introduced more nuance to it just by revealing that wizards, should they not get killed, will live for hundreds of years. That even gives Flamel more character than I ever hoped he might have.

I really, REALLY, hope you see this through to the end. This story is incredible, and it's quickly working its way to the top of my "best fanfics" list. Keep up the good work.
11/7/2021 c42 Rl109531
Lovely chapter!
11/6/2021 c41 The old RL
Can't believe our collective luck - a miracle! Thank you, this is great as always
10/31/2021 c42 Shadow Dreamer
Alright! Just finished going back and bingereading this whole thing. I see what you're building to with Tommy Boy, and boy oh boy am I excited.
10/30/2021 c35 Shadow Dreamer
Those last lines of Flamel's... I stand by what I've always said; no one is irredeemable at sixteen. Flamel's right; he could have done something, if he'd had the chance.
11/1/2021 c18 SmartCookie0
"[...] lightning is as likely to strike in Hogwarts as Voldemort to return." - Brian
10/27/2021 c42 carnagie
Finally had time to read this latest chapter, and MY Rupert really has had quite an effect on Harry given the way he's taken to sort of breathing in information around him and making subconscious connections like this.

Also, I can't help but wonder if the answer he picks for the opinion pieces isn't simply 'both'. have Beaconsfield send in the reverse psychology one, and have some kind of darling (Harry himself, perhaps) send in the other. Or if they want to play silly buggers have one authored by 'Beaconsfield' and the other by 'an anonymous prefect'
892 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »