for Unequal Affections

8/11 c1 Amanda
This is the best investigation of all the thoughts, feelings, worries and expectations of the proposal from Darcy where Elizabeth does not accept him straight away. They act as two intelligent people looking at all angles. Well done.
7/12/2021 c1 1clover cat Klee
what an interesting idea! Really, this reaction could have been just as likely - his proposal coming so out of the blue that she realises that her thoughts on his character had to be totally wrong.
1/4/2021 c1 GrangerFan17
Thankful to have found that my local public library carries the full version of your novel! I checked out the E-book online this weekend and read it in one sitting. Thank you for your beautiful work!
8/11/2020 c1 Stephyyyy01
El libro es grandioso, pude comprarlo cuando me apareció en rebaja.
5/31/2020 c1 ficfangirl
I mentioned this in my review of another of your stories, but I have read the full, published version of Unequal Affections and enjoyed it.
4/1/2020 c1 Stephyyyy01
Ay Dios. Escribes tan bien. Solo que tendré que esperar para comprar el libro, 12 dólares en este momento de crisis no me es tan factible
1/5/2019 c1 yasmin
i really wish i could dowload this story in pdf. I'm from brazil and i cant buy the book, the only way it will be reading online
8/6/2017 c1 Grumpy Insomniac
I just bought this and apparently I still haven't spent enough money with Amazon to leave a review there so I thought I would do so here. I'm in two minds about this book. Firstly, I thought it was very well written and enjoyable, with a particularly good regency style that is usually absent from most JAFF works. You write Darcy really well. I felt Lizzy was slightly less successfully rendered as her wit, intelligence and bravery seemed to take a bit of a nosedive as she attempted to avoid insulting Darcy by being honest with him about what a prat he was being, but she is inexperienced with men and courtships so I could overlook that and you did make her spirited and good humoured enough for her to be very recognisable. Their love story was particularly well developed and believable, but because they only got together right at the very end, it felt a little bit fleeting and maybe a bit unsatisfactory as a result.

Overall, I thought this was a nice, light, thoughtful, well written, low drama variation based on the idea that Lizzy had a more circumspect attitude to Darcy's proposal. So why am I in two minds? Well, firstly, the price. I got this when it was reduced to a price I was willing to pay, and I was fine with spending that much when I got to the end too. However, I think if I had paid the regular price, I would have been hacked off and felt that it was way too expensive for what it was. It is too short and slight to justify the normal price- it took me no time at all to read. Secondly, the absence of humour is a real flaw. With such a variation where little really happens, it really needs that arch narration and piercing wit that so characterised Austen's works. If it had more of a plot, or angst, or drama it wouldn't need the humour, but as it is, it makes the book a bit forgettable.

So overall, I think this was a good book, well written, worth reading, but slight and not quite memorable or satisfying enough for me. I would give it three stars, but I'm a harsh scorer. I have really enjoyed quite a few of your stories and I think you're very talented, but I know you are capable of more humour than this book contains and I think you should drop the price on this one to make it better value for your readers. I'm not usually quite so honest in my reviews but I paid for this so I think some brutal honesty is allowed. I hope this is helpful feedback and not remotely upsetting. Please do remember that I did enjoy this book and was happy to have paid £4 for it when I finished reading it. Also, I would only give the book Emma three stars and Jane Austen wrote that one :)
7/23/2017 c1 SagaDevotee
Such a great story. Wonderfully written. well done.
*5 stars*
1/6/2017 c1 Delete4123
I just bought your book from Amazon and LOVED it! Real life kept interrupting my reading, but my mind stayed on your story the entire day. I wish there was more because of how much I loved your version of Elizabeth and Darcy. I'm so happy for them! You are the best! I'm going to look through all your fanfiction stories now. I wish you had more books I could buy! So so excellent. Thanks for writing! You are very talented.
12/24/2016 c1 6Windchimed
This is one of only two "Pride and Prejudice" books I've ever purchased, beyond the original. After reading your other works on this site, I had no qualms about investing a little money in this, and I'm glad I did. You are an excellent writer, with the rare ability to infuse humor into your stories, along with character growth and interesting plot developments. I hope you keep writing, and I wish you the best of luck with your career. Thank you for sharing so much high-quality writing with us!
10/10/2016 c1 Guest
(to the previous comment)
Ugh. Sorry. At first I wrote the review and then I read Author's note. It's already a book! (_;) That's awesome. Definitely will check it out!
10/10/2016 c1 Guest
O-o-oh! Amazing! DIS IZ DA BOMB (*_*)
I can hardly breathe! But there won't be any continuation, right? If so, then it's a great pity... Darcy and Elizabeth are very real here, and your writing style is a pleasure, and the atmosphere is so Regency-true, that it would be awesome to turn this work into a Huge Book! I will keep my hope for the next chapter and try to be as patient as Darcy _

Thank you so much for this piece!
8/14/2016 c1 4Diving in
Holy shit! ! ! *fan myself* I'm buying your book, as soon as I can.
8/13/2016 c1 Luc
How I hate published works. I mean it is briliant the writers have managed to complete a novel but its really aggravating to read a chapter that sounds good only to end up with a wall. All P&P novels are so expensive Id never purchase one. So whenever it is said its published, I skip reading the teasers here. Whats the point?
Anyways, I missed the mention in this. I just figured this was prologue and 1st up, more coming.. Sighs. Well, this beginning was good. I dont know how you turn it all around. I though Elizabeth hawing was already going in circles and her drawing it out when it was obvious she is not in love, mercenary or even cruel
766 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »