for Bare

2/10/2015 c1 4Blue Blossoms
A bit disappointing, the end but the story was very interestingly written.
3/31/2013 c1 4AuburnGraces28
really liked this, I enjoy reading about Carlisle and you wrote him very well.
10/8/2012 c1 clarisse
i always loved the both of tem . they were both passionate and even if mary was a true lady and an aristocrat in every way, she was so much more, she like to live, she think by herself and she was far more clever than her pair will like, she see the way her family and even herself was horrible and awful to him, the way they despise a man just because he was not born like them and made a successful man by himself, a man more wealthy than they will ever be, a man who always has a new project, ambition but who also wanted a life with mary no matter her family but just because he fall inlove with her passionately, who saw her flaw and find her more attactive because of them. he may be a womanizer but no woman had touched him like her, she made him want things he didnt think about before. She always was in his mind even pregnant and maried. they were a force to be reckoned together and she choose another because of people, because of misunderstanding, because she was young and sheltered she didn't see her true strengh. maybe he didn't see that she was so young because he see the way she was already strong and beautiful but she was also a young woman and an aristocratic young woman he didn't protect, didn't show tenderness, just act like the true man he was, who had a life before her and expect her to understand him, understand them. no matter what between the two it will never be finished...
9/10/2012 c1 hillevi
Well Im here, rereading, again.. im pathetic! But cant help myself. Your story is amazing lovely sad and
so very good!
9/9/2012 c1 28Captain Evermind
Woah! Nicely done! Your characterisation is excellent, and I love the way you write Mary's thought process. I particularly liked her description of life without Matthew as "more impossible, and more essential than ever". I also love the way you get the nuances of the relationships between the four - Mary's protectiveness of Lavinia, and her surprise that Richard would threaten her; Matthew's solicitude to Lavinia and his coolness to Mary. I love your Richard too - an excellent combination of attraction and threat. Very nicely done. :-)
9/6/2012 c1 5Random Frequent Flier Dent
I loved this - it stayed wonderfully in character while presenting Richard as vaguely sympathetic. Great. :D
9/5/2012 c1 downtonlove
This was really, really good. Thank you.
9/4/2012 c1 18Chickwriter
Wow. Excellent and insightful portrait of Mary.. you've articulated many of the things I was thinking, but could never have put together quite so beautifully. Well done!
9/4/2012 c1 Audrey C
Well written piece. How hauting and despairing at the same time. Marrying Richard would be like a life sentence. Poor Mary!
9/4/2012 c1 circa1910
Thank you for the very nuanced view of this couple. Part of me wanted Richard to succeed. He was different from any man Mary knew. Mary hung in there thinking that something would convince her. She wouldn't have been the first woman to do that. Ill suited. He wanted a marriage/a partnership but his business-like approach sunk him from the start.

Poor guy should have picked a more flexible object for his attentions (affections? not sure). I doubt that he would have ever altered his approach. He always wanted and expected his way. He did not understand how noblesse oblige works. Grumbled about the workmen at Haxby and the staff at Downton (on Christmas.) Perhaps that put things into sharper focus for Mary. She could tolerate lots of things about him but drew the line at his attitude towards servants. I enjoyed the parade of jewels but Sybil was right about "buying" her.
9/4/2012 c1 hilleviagain
Ive read you story The Second Daughter, on LiveJournal, it is so lovely! could you not post it here as well?
please
9/4/2012 c1 hillevi
Love your story, the way it is so honest and true to them. Mary, not evil, not a saint a pragmatic girl who contemplates her options, and fights her feelings for Matthew.
Richard, knows who he wants, and is to forceful, to pushy, so that he destroys what he and Mary could have built on -attraction and replaces it with, as you write, ownership.