for Madness Rising

8/5/2018 c6 11Thomas Drovin
*Chuckles* You know I could SEE the Joker dressed up as a lady of the night in my minds eye, like how he dressed up like a nurse in the Dark Knight. I liked his "Hiya Puddin" but I was expecting his 'Hiii' like when he met Harvey Dent. Nice to see Joker hasn't lost his touch, it sure goes to show who the criminals of Gotham would rather follow...Rossi had no chance and neither did any of his goons who STILL followed him. I LOVED the fact Joker decided to shoot up his competition to the tune of 'Another one bites the dust' that is SO Joker like!

Anyway John Blake now knows the Joker is back and in business and thanks to him going after a wounded Tony he's escaped to tell Gordon. Poor Gordon...he will go CRAZY knowing the Joker is back and decided to added himself to the mix! Tony went off and told Bane about the Joker but he could care less, THIS will come back to bite him in a MAJOR way especially when Joker reveals when he has Nyssa in his hot little hands! *Chuckles*

This story is FANTASTIC! It makes me think of how the last Batman movie COULD have gone if the Joker was added! I'm SO looking forward to your next update whenever you can manage it, don't rush it as I'm VERY good at waiting for updates. See you soon!
8/5/2018 c5 Thomas Drovin
Well things are certainly moving in Gotham City now! Having the Joker escape from Arkham is the LEAST of Dr Arkham's problems now as Bane and Talia's plan for Gotham has started. However Joker was nice enough to let the good doctor know he didn't forget him. It didn't surprise me at all Joker and Melvin went to the football game to see how Bane's plan would unfold? The Joker obviously enjoyed the chaos Bane's created and he's got a LOT of ideas which involve Nyssa as he made it clear Gotham is HIS city. Talia and Bane are aware that Nyssa DIDN'T get on her plane so she either left another way or STILL around...I wonder just WHEN Joker will make his presence known and WHAT Bane and Talia will DO when they find out Joker has Nyssa. Onwards to the next chapter to find out what happens!
8/5/2018 c4 Thomas Drovin
Well, well, well! From what I've read in this chapter its obvious to me WHAT the Joker actually left in his bag under Melvin's floorboards before he got caught. When he disguised himself as a police officer to take a potshot at the Mayor in the Dark Knight, he obviously had to hide his clothes and knifes somewhere in case he couldn't get a replacement. What a good idea for Joker to hide his stuff in the apartment of one of his old associates, its the LAST place anyone would look for it!

Its a bit of luck the Joker left his stuff at Melvin's, because Melvin has been WORKING for Bane and he's filled Joker in on everything he's missed in the last 8 years! I had a feeling that Joker WOULDN'T be happy that Bane 'beat' Batman and he'll want an 'edge' over him and Talia. Thanks to Melvin, Joker now knows about Nyssa and he's got his grotty little hands on her! THIS is REALLY going to throw a spanner in the works for Talia and Bane as they're expecting Nyssa to leave Gotham on the plane for her!

Oh I am LOVING THIS! THIS IS GREAT! Onwards to the next chapter to see what happens when Bane gets the ball rolling! Bane may about to get control over a city...but he can't control let alone intimidate the Joker!
8/4/2018 c3 Thomas Drovin
Well it seems a lot can happen in 8 years huh? With Batman 'away' ol' Joker had no REAL purpose in life and just 'shut down.' I'm not surprised, after all he DID once admit to Batman "Where would I BE without you?" and we got our answer. However with Bane's little 'hostile takeover' and the possibility of Batman returning...it seems to have snapped the Joker out of his drug induced 'blue funk' as it were.

The Doctor and staff of Arkham Asluym have nobody but themselves to blame for getting so complacet with their only patient. I could practially HEAR his voice in my mind asking "Can Batman come out and play now?" With Batman BACK and all hell breaking loose the Joker once again has purpose! In his own words "This Town (Gotham) deserves a better class of criminal, and I'm going to give it to them."

I have a feeling that Bame and Talia will be the LEAST of Gotham's problems before very long! *Chuckles* I'll read on and see just how this will turn out! Onwards!
8/4/2018 c2 Thomas Drovin
Wow! I like your backstory for Nyssa in this story it works real good! So Talia was saved by Bane in the prison and we know how THAT story goes from The Dark Knight Rises. To show her gratitude she helped Bane and in turn Bane was not only a teacher to her but to Nyssa too. Amazing how much can happen in eight years huh? I see that Nyssa still keeps in contact with her sister and Bane however she's NOT involved with their plans for Gotham City and Batman. Nice to see they're going to give her time to get away...however I have a nasty feeling that things are going to get complicated! I'll read on and see if I'm right!
8/4/2018 c1 Thomas Drovin
Greetings! Your story caught my eye and I have to say I'm HOOKED already! What a FANTASTIC idea! This seems like a GREAT way to remember the late great Heath Ledger with his last full performance as the Joker! I can see it in my minds eye already!

I always did wonder HAD the Joker turned up at the time of the Dark Knight Rises, what would he have done? Join in? Hang around in Arkham out of the way until it was all over THEN make a comeback? (Because an entire city under the control of thugs with no police and no Batman wouldn't be fun now would it?)

I'm going to add this to my favourites list and read on to see where it goes! THIS is going to be fun I think! Bane and Talia are going to meet their match in the Joker he thinks of EVERYTHING, they 'plan' stuff out he doesn't!

PS: I'm aware of Talia's sister Nyssa Raatko in the DC Comics so I think including her in this story a stroke of BRILLIANCE as the Joker will use her to his advantage! Onwards!
8/6/2013 c6 6typhoidcandy
Woah, totally awesome story! I hope to read more soon!
1/21/2013 c6 5Radioactive-Pingu
I love this story! I've been wondering what would have happened should the joker and Bane cross paths, I think you've kept both of them in character well.

The Joker in drag is hilarious by the way, could totally see him doing that.
1/5/2013 c6 20Blood Never Lies
Ah 'criminals aren't complicated'... and you're just the most two dimensional, read you like a book guy, aren't you Bane...?
Ha ha.

this is very I.C. and I like it so far, lots of good things to say, very few bad points to this actually. (My biggest peeve was one or two typo's that made me pause for thought during my viewing pleasure - still, entirely forgivable. Actually, its become expected when one reads an in depth complex fic like this.)
Highest praise from me is about how well you're considered the Jokers unpredicatable M.O. in TDK and written this with respect into how Bane's rather revolutionary style takeover has affected Gotham.
I especially liked the fact that the Joker was literally whooping with joy at some of Bane's antics, which I think is very much an 'in character' thing and also the fact that Bane has tried to deduce the Joker (like he did the Batman) but he has gotten it wrong on his first impression!
Never assume Bane! Oooh, the plot thickens!

Still, it'll be an interesting reaction to see when Joker discovers that there's a rather cruel joke regarding ownership under Bane's rules...
Seems the Joker forgot his own comment about sending a message - "Everything burns, people."
12/22/2012 c6 3Who or Whom
I love love love this story! Finally a good story on here! Please keep writing it! Like seriously, IT'S AWESOME.
12/15/2012 c6 Anarchy
O.M.G. Bane's making the exact same mistake Batman did in the Dark Knight. He underestimated him.
12/11/2012 c6 badkidoh
well i like it so far.
12/2/2012 c6 Deception is Decepticon
Well, thankyou! I've waited for a Joker vs Bane fic to come out, I was going to write one but I couldn't come up with a good plot. WELL DONE! :D It was good :D Can't wait for next chapter
10/25/2012 c3 31Kipcha
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Seriously, do I have to say it again? How incredible was THAT chapter! I absoloutly loved it and you captured the Joker perfectly.

...And you say torture and mind games in your AN like it's a bad thing. Seriously, I am stoked for the next chapter!
10/25/2012 c2 Kipcha
I thought you did very good with her, she was a good addition to the storyline and I am very interested to see where this will go!
21 Page 1 2 Next »