for Pa's Best Man

7/8/2015 c1 43Questfan
That was really lovely. A blended family in any era is still tricky and Adam was quite mature already, so Ben was right to be concerned. I love the description of his best man duties. Thanks for a fun read.
2/28/2014 c1 KP
I love this story. Thank you for writing it.
11/1/2012 c1 48Dreamer1985
I like this. Nice to have a father would sit down with a child like this.
9/9/2012 c1 Guest
Excellent...yet again.

cma
9/9/2012 c1 danae
This was a perfect WHIB! And a perfect heart felt moment between father and son. You did well.
9/8/2012 c1 drmweaver2265
I was drawn into this story as soon as I read "He hadn't felt this bubble of warmth in his chest since- Since Elizabeth. He froze, his hand hovering above the door knob to his room" I felt Ben's hesitation. I so enjoy stories of Adam when young when the author allows us to see what he was like before life became too serious for him. You described him as I would have imagined: a delightfully insighful boy. I could imagine Ben talking about Elizabeth to Adam. I thought the comparison to Inger being an angel sent by Elizabeth was touching and fitting. Finally I smiled as I pictured this little guy standing guard at the wedding, ready to take on anyone that would keep Inger from Ben ... and him! Great job on this story. I enjoyed it so, I read it twice!
9/8/2012 c1 Guest
You did a great job on this story!I am curios though...which episode did they say Ben was heading to California? I know they wound up in Nevada, just don't ever recall California ever being mentioned as a destination.
9/8/2012 c1 158Tauna Petit-Strawn
Wonderful job!
9/7/2012 c1 pookaire
Wonderful, humourous scene between father and son. That Adam's a pistol. Nice work.
9/7/2012 c1 21Sierra Rose 22
What a wonderful story! Loved the line, "His cheeks ached from the silly grin he knew must be there." Well done!
9/7/2012 c1 wandamarie
thanks
9/7/2012 c1 BJ2
You read my mind! Poor little Adam spent so much time on his own in that episode.

I love your little guy! There are true signs of the man he'll be when he grows up wrapped up in that little package.

Adam stood tall and nodded seriously. "I can do it, Pa. I accept. I'll protect you no matter what!"

That line really got to me. *sniffle* He's such a good boy, and he most definitely took those words to heart.

Thanks for sharing this with us.