for The Piper's Song

8/15/2021 c1 VirReturnsFromMinbar
Very moving.
2/6/2014 c1 31TrisanaChandler13
I really like this story. When I read Rilla of Ingleside, I thought that L M Montgomery glossed over Una and Walter's relationship and how his death affected her.
8/19/2013 c1 Anonymous
This was so beautiful. I'm so glad you represented Una in a way that seems so true to the book. I've always been fascinated by the pied piper, and especially the way that the book 'Rilla of Ingleside' used it so symbolically, and I love your symbolic and poetic language in this piece for those segments of it. I personally like the broken-up style if it is well done, and this was, as it makes it feel less like an attempt at a novel and more like a collage of overlapping emotions and events without saying more than necessary. Well done. I was very moved by this.
5/28/2013 c1 GuntherOH
I just read your story and I thought it beautiful. I hope for another episode of insomnia if a story like this is the result!
5/3/2013 c1 33piccolabimba
I love the unspoken story of Walter and Una and I like how you captured the havoc wreaked on his family and Una after his death. I can see Anne as someone who could pull a heart hurt girl back from her grief. I feel that Rilla of Ingleside is one of the best accounts of WWI from the homefront. Thank you for this story!
4/27/2013 c1 Jimel
I'm crying... I've always loved Una and the Walter-Una pairing...
2/25/2013 c1 26realismandromance
Oh, wow. This is beautiful. Lovely story. :) I always felt that in canon Una really had the raw deal, out of the two Meredith girls: Faith got beauty, a decent set of brains, an endearing personality and a boyfriend who survived the war relatively unscathed, whereas Una was the plain, shy, sweet little sister who was always overlooked. Plus the boy she secretly loved ended up being killed in the war (*sobs*). And then she had to go and take a course in Household Science, of all things.

Una really was the perfect match for Walter, though. I loved the way she secretly loved him and he didn't really realise it until his last letter. He was always picked on in school for writing poems, and she probably dreamed of being confided in like way he did to Di or Rilla. Poor shy, sensitive, understanding Una ... she was so underestimated.
11/29/2012 c1 Guest
This is the most beautiful, well written fanfiction I have ever read!
I hope you continue to write.
-LZ
11/24/2012 c1 Vicky
Weeping all over my iPad. This is wonderful, a very good use of a sleepless night.
9/29/2012 c1 dfghjkjhutfgrdhjk
This is AMAZINGLY MARVELLOUS. Only:
'Una was present when Jem appeared from the land of the dead in order to make the suprising announcement that he had never been a citizen of that dreary country. To be sure, he'd had to give up an eye as a bribe to the Lord of the Dead to retain his citizenship as a living person, but he counted that as small payment.
"I can still look at bugs and stuff with one eye," he told Faith cheerfully ...'
Carl was the one who lost an eye and is interested in bugs - and Jem is the one who returned from what was supposed to be the land of the dead.
9/28/2012 c1 7zoe alice
I like the way it's broken up, because it fits what Una is feeling. The only thing I might have changed is that some of the long passages sound too formal. I don't mean the words - that kind of fantastical talk is what I love about the Anne series - but the phrasing. There are places I thought a contraction would sound better. But yeah, that's probably personal preference. Great job. I love the hopeful ending, with Anne banishing the Piper.
9/19/2012 c1 2Nan of Ingleside
your insomnia seems to be of a very productive sort. :)
I really liked this story; the theme of Walter and Una is a very frequent one and the stories sometimes seem similar to me. however, yours stood out. I liked this story very well and loved your characterisation. all the women seem in- character and even John Meredith, although he only has a 'cameo' is realistic. I especially liked the contrast between Faith and Una. I also really liked how you finished it on an optimistic note; mostly Una is left to mourn Walter for the rest of her life and you gave her at least a slight chance to move on.
just a mere detail: this story is meant to take place after WWI, isn't it? if so, then it's a bit too early for Hitler. hope you don't mind me; the story is still wonderful! I presume it's a one- shot, but if you ever decide to write something else- I shall be there to read it. :)
9/17/2012 c1 Guest
I liked the segments and how you broke them up. Very sad but really beautiful too. Although, and I understand you did this, with great skill, sleepless but Hilter was WW2, not WW1. It was Kaiser Bill during the great war.