for Why Pureblood Wizards shouldn't go to the Olympics

1/21 c1 gginsc
Now Harry knows he was used by Ginny. I don't know why Hermione would marry Ron. Ginny and Ron have no respect for non magicals. It is stupid to marry people who have no respect for you and your culture.
10/8/2018 c1 missgsmith51
Your story premise of outing the Magical world, set against the backdrop of the Olympics, was very clever. The only problem I have is that Hermione seems to have contracted a serious case of Weasleyitis - the loss of ability to think logically. I can only suppose this is a direct result of too much close contact with the Weasley family, specifically Ron and Molly. Those two are so disparaging of anything not Magical that attempting to educate Ron in such a venue was a completely moronic idea.

It is easy to see that Hermione still retains the same bullheadedness that she carried into the ill-thought-out House-elf liberation issue. She gets an idea or opinion about something and refuses to listen to reason, believing her grasp of whatever the situation is certainly is superior to what anyone else thinks.

While I know Harry tried valiantly to stop Hermione's plans, he knows the two of them well enough that he should have simply used the N word - NO! For some reason, however, Harry is unable to oppose Hermione. He should have simply refused to be a part of her scheme. He and Ginny - or even just he and Teddy - could have taken the Potter kids separately, if they truly wanted to go. Harry knows that Ron and Hermione can't go more than five minutes without an argument that generally escalates into a public incident. That alone was his ticket to avoiding it. It isn't his job to be Ron's babysitter or the couple's referee, and if they want to risk creating a scene, he needs to stay out of it and let them sink themselves.

To the reviewers who suggested divorce to both couples, I think it is verboten in the Wizarding world, except in very specific circumstances. In other words, they're stuck, unless Harry discovers that he has been dosed with potions. Ditto Hermione. It's rather sad, but they both knew the Weasley tempers before they married them.

Having said that ... I apologize in advance for the following nitpick. (Once a teacher, always a teacher, I suppose.) You really need to find and work closely with a good "language beta" on sentence structure and paragraph construction. You have a number of sentence errors and a lot of very long, complicated sentences that are actually fragments rather than complete sentences. These affect the clarity of your story and keep it from flowing as smoothly as it could.

I still think your story was quite interesting, and your characters are well-supported by canon. I also agree that a follow-up or second chapter would be interesting. I'm curious to see what comes of this can of flobberworms!
4/25/2016 c1 2teedub
Honestly, Harry is such a doormat in this one. Seriously, he just found out that his wife doesn't actually love him, nor respect him, but was just a gold digging slag and he just shrugs his shoulders? If I were him, my first stop would have been to a solicitor, not WWW.
6/3/2015 c1 15Saissa
I'm confused about one thing. If Ron was caught on TV waving his wand around - did he actually do something or not? Because I'm sure there is nothing mentioned about anything magical that actually happened!
5/31/2014 c1 1serenityselena
great story... though poor Harry did not deserve all this stress :)
5/20/2014 c1 Artur Hawkwing1
Only one issue, its completely OOC for Harry to let Hermione be called those names by ginny without saying anything. I would expect him to slap her at the least. Otherwise great story.
11/17/2013 c1 mattcun
nice
2/18/2013 c1 4The Chosen Dalek
Omg this was amazing! I love this story! You should continue on it cause pleassseeee?
2/6/2013 c1 10AmericanMuggleborn
The solution here is to make it all a big prank by Ron.
9/21/2012 c1 340RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley
i think you need to break the paragraphs down a little bit more. it was a bit of a headache to read gigantic paragraphs that jumped from one topic to the next. i also think it would have been an improved story if there was more dialogue and interaction rather than just one long narrative and the ending was a little disappointing seeing as Harry barely did anything to change his lifestyle after having to go through so much thanks to his lovely in laws.
i do however think you brought up several good issues about the Weasley family and Hermione in general but it could have been presented it better.
9/19/2012 c1 redstickbonbon
Interesting one-shot. My only recommendation would be to break up some of the longer paragraphs to ease readability.

I really like how you wove the Olympics into a massive Statute of Secrecy violation. I was imagining all of the Weasleys/Potters exiting a Weasley vehicle like it was a clown car :)

I also liked how you took existing characterizations, from canon and fanfic, and extended them into the future. They don't seem to have matured much.

Thoughts-why is Harry with these people? Hermione's still an obnoxious, bossy person, forcing her will onto others. Ron is still sheltered, Ginny's a jealous, manipulative shrew. Molly's the same...

I can understand Harry and Hermione wanting to expose their respective children to the muggle world. But it makes no sense for Hermione to force the muggle world on her husband, her husband's family, or her former school mates. It's like a married woman who enjoys crafting and scrapbooking, and forcing her hobby onto an unwilling spouse. Why? Her husband won't appreciate it. At all.

Or, why in the world would Hermione be griping about her husband and sister-in-law's career choice. Like Harry said, she knew before she was married. Lots of women try to get their husbands to give up a sport or hobby after marriage. All it does is yield a less happy, and likely resentful, husband.

Harry needs more friends, of a greater variety. Too many eggs in one basket here. He should have done that years and years prior, at Hogwarts.

Now, I think you really should write another segment. Harry needs to be around nicer, less dominating people (or perhaps lose himself a wife). Please?
9/19/2012 c1 Slytherin66
This was excellent and a great insight into Harry's life after Tom Riddle's death and why Harry should never have married Ginny or been an Auror.

It always amazed me magic was kept secret as long as it was given how pure bloods act and how some muggleborns do seem to loose sense once they discover magic.

I think Ginny never viewed Harry as just Harry but as the boy-who-lived and as you pointed out would view Hermione or any other woman close to Harry as a threat.

I am pleased Harry took steps to make sure he was not the Ministry poster box and did not Ron and Hermione escape the blame.

A good description of the relationship between Hermione and Ron and about Hermione herself. It would be so hard having to deal with her when she is sure she is right all the time, never likes to back down and she seems to loose her common sense the longer she remained in the magical world. Ron's complete lack of interest and understanding of non-magical society and items makes me wonder how a marriage between someone pure blood and muggle raised would work. The relationship Andi and Ted Tonks had must have been exceptional or very strong that said Andi would need to adapt to survive given her family. The Weasley's have no need to.

A nice detail about Teddy's strength.

I liked the reaction of Bill to his daughters actions and that Bill and Fleur did not let Molly boss them around too much, I don't think Fleur would stand for it and it would be me or your mother, Bill.

I never liked how the Weasley's and Hermione treated Fleur, she has great courage and resolve to live in a country and be part of a family where is is not welcome or safe yet she did it to be with Bill. Even after Riddle I think life in the UK would be hard for a Veela. I always hoped Harry would marry a Veela given his capacity for love a being of love would be an ideal counterpart and a Veela has similar problems as Harry has with his fame so they would have some common ground.

A good description of the Weasley's this light sight family are very much pure bloods with very bias views of many subjects I always got the impression Mr Weasley and others viewed non-magical people as exotic animals than people and the bias towards Veela and how easily Molly accepts what is written in the press make me think Harry would have done better had he accepted Draco's friendship he might be alive or dead but in far less trouble that taking the Weasley's to the Olympics

A good word Harry used instead of muggle which does seem rather rude and insulting.

It was a nice detail that Harry helped out in the joke shop and enjoyed himself.

I would love to know what happens next with magical and pure blood society. Did they manage to cover everything up, spin a story or was Weasley hunting made legal in a joint venture between the Mnistry and the Prime Minister.

What about Harry did he say enough is enough I did not kill Riddle for a life like this and get a better wife than Ginny someone not a fangirl, I hope he checks to make sure the children are in fact his ASP always makes me wonder. Harry could be happy with almost anyone else except a pure blood and since the secret of magic is out there Harry is free and being a known associate of Ron would be bad so a rapid exit and new name would be wise. Harry as an Auror would be a liability in PR terms to a new job for Harry would be needed to.

What happened to Ron and Hermione as they have much to answer for. I think Hermione's issues would prevent her leaving Ron but life will be hard for them going down in the history books for all the wrong reasons.

Thanks for this it was a most enjoyable read.
9/19/2012 c1 ruth hammond
he-he, neat!
9/19/2012 c1 ladysavay
Well, damn. Depressed much? Let's see if I can summarize this story. Harry has, once again, had a lousy thing happen to him that wasn't his fualt. He found out his wife only married him because he was 'the boy who lived' and now his whole life once again is in the dumpster. The end. Thanks for that.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service