for Rabid Dogs

8/3/2013 c1 47meatballs in the impala
So, I'm not going to dwell on your writing skills, because I'm sure that you know how concrete your writing style is. What I really want to stand on, is the analogy between rabid dogs and people.

Now, that's a very accurate analogy. Dogs need a master to follow, and people opt for one, because they are often afraid of their own freedom. They are afraid of anarchy. In a post-apocalyptic world, this sentiment would only grow stronger, making the need for a master more prominent.

The real question though, is who exactly are the rabid dogs in our society? Personally, I think it refers to all the people who felt scared of the anarchy that followed the Blackout. Fear is one of the most intense feelings, and it usually generates anger and hatred, thus the "rabid" dogs. So, the rabid dogs were the people who actually wanted to protect themselves and their families from the raids; and they became ferocious in trying to carry out that task. Case in point, Captain Neville. A man who wanted to protect his family so badly, he wouldn't hesitate in anything.

I think the most intriguing part of the story though, is the last sentence. We have to think who exactly has put a leash on Bass, and why. Is he unstable? But if he was, would people really choose to follow his "commanding voice", overlooking the fact that he was not a master, but more of a rabid dog himself? Or maybe the leash is his relationship with Miles? The fact that he's willing to tear the sky down in order to help Miles (at least in the show), is that what makes him a rabid dog in need of a leash?

I honestly can't tell for sure. But it's surely something to mull over. I liked the philosophical (and cryptic) side of this story, a different kind of fiction you ought to come across from time to time, if not just for a change in scenery. Interesting.
10/28/2012 c1 1i-am-turk-fear-me
Eh I think would hug him...But only if he was handcuffed. I dont want to die.
10/16/2012 c1 Ms.MikelsonSalvatore1234
loved it!your a good writer;)i've been waiting for a monroe fic,keep up the good work you should tottally finish this!:)
9/26/2012 c1 Gaudenzia
Nice insight into one of the more interesting characters on the show! I like the dog metaphor.
9/23/2012 c1 203Gotham Siren
Awww. Poor Sebbykins. :( *huggles him*

I like what you've done here. Would've liked to know more about Bass' family. Maybe that can be something else you write about. :)

Captain Neville is a douche bag, that is all.

Very nice oneshot. Makes me that much more anxious for tomorrow. :)

-Orwell