for Why Won't You Break?

12/30/2019 c2 Doomguy
It's gonna be the New Year's, mate. You plan on updating this story anytime soon?
10/3/2019 c2 Guest
Hey, will you ever give Spider-Redux an alternative costume for him to switch to, so as to better distinguish this dimension's Spider-Man and the alternate reality-'worst possible future, ever' Spider-Man?

Maybe have him fashion 'Last Stand' Spider-Man (Earth-312500)'s leather outfit; reminds you of Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution' (when he's on a serious mission, he takes off the jacket to reveal a sleeveless combat vest. In Spider-Redux's case, he swaps out of the leather for full combat manoeuvrability.)

ERRORS SPOTTED
1. At last, Scorpion passed over Spider-[R]edux's head, and with a second yell and a second yank, the webs contracted, and sent the crook heading straight down to earth for a powerful impact.

2. "Because if you're going to teach me that Venom Stroke [STRIKE? Or was this an intentional misnomer on Spidey's part?] thing, I take back everything I just badmouthed you on-"
10/3/2019 c1 ERROR SPOTTED
"Let them at it." He countered. "Have a field day for all I care - you already took everything [WORTH] taking."
4/28/2018 c2 S3409
So, we have the ‘present’ Spider-Man (based on the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, possibly the greatest 2000's animated adaptation of the famous Spider-Man comics) who has yet to face any major crises post-Uncle Ben...

And we have alternate universe ‘Spider-Redux’ (catchy moniker, in my opinion) who has probably gone from the death of Gwen Stacy, to his greatest regrets and ordeals of revealing his identity during the Civil War, the controversial ‘One More Day’, the traumatic ‘Dying Wish’ and ‘Superior Spider-Man’ (I stopped reading the comics when I reached Black Cat’s scene in the Superior Spider-Man)...

Dear God, with the stuff Peter Parker had to endure in the comics, it’s no wonder that this story has a fitting title/rhetorical question: “Why Won’t You Break?”

So, how would this play out? You’ve got two Spider-Men that would have a lasting impact on E-612’s (present Spider-Man) future and could possibly derail the events into more favorable outcomes (save Gwen Stacy, secret identity preserved plus Mephistopheles never appearing, and Spider-Man’s reputation preserved from Doctor Octopus’ damaging actions while in Peter’s body)... or blow it out of proportion with greater danger and uncertainty, I don’t know... it would be interesting to see how other superheroes or groups (such as the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.) react to Spider-Redux...

Hell, for all we know, it might even culminate in a citywide duel between Spider-Man and Spider-Redux; the former seeks to uphold the belief that ‘with great power comes great responsibility’ and continue his ‘obligation’ as a superhero, while the latter is willing to pursue ‘any means necessary’ to prevent his younger counterpart from enduring the ‘hell’ he had once endured and is unable to shoulder no longer... (Jolly Jonah’s gonna have a field day at the Daily Bugle once he sees double ‘Wall-Crawling Menaces’...)

Can I make a personal request? While Spider-Man’s dressed in his traditional red and blue, I think Spider-Redux ought to be dressed in the Superior Spider-Man Suit Mark III (it’s in the comic featuring Deadpool, and when he uses it against Itsy-Bitsy) - it’s fearsome, aggressive and (in my ‘fanboy’ opinion) best suits Spider-Redux’s more cynically jaded mindset and overall brutal combat style...
11/21/2012 c2 20Temporal abnormalities
Oh my gosh. This is so good! Peter is in character absolutely perfectly! I love it! Please update asap! :D :D :D :D
10/21/2012 c2 Me
Okay, to begin with it was kinda cheesy, and I almost didn't want to read the next chapter. But you did so well here that my opinion as been totally reversed. So much for first opinions right? Seriously impressed. You nailed Spidey's attitude and wise-cracks, had some cool actions scenes, plus have some big chapters which I do love. Oddly enough the only thing I don't like is your major plot point, Alt-Spidey. Too moody. I get why he puts Wolverine to shame in terms of attitude, but Spider-jerk is still an ass. And it's hard to get attached to that sort of character. They tend to spew shit all over the place.

All in all, can't wait to see what happens next though.
10/21/2012 c1 53Sonar
That did seem scary.
10/20/2012 c1 Barry
Cartoon-ish, Schizophrenic and sometimes borderline filler, you peddle your exposition with James Bond Villain speeches and out of control trains of thought. Your story-telling is schizophrenic, your writing and actions of the characters is cartoon-ish and some of your paragraphs border on fluff. Overall I didn't hate this with a passion, but you know what I think about this kind of comics. Hopefully mecha-spidey will put some much needed angst into this.

Yes, I know, I have no soul.
10/20/2012 c2 Kevin
I like it and I have to admit, you have a talent at Peter's smack talking.

PS.

LET THE CONSTANT MINDF*CKS BEGINS!
10/20/2012 c2 6CJ1145
Vlad: The older Spider-Man is my own idea, though I'm certain somebody could find elements of universes drawn from to inspire him that I've just plain forgotten about. He's basically just a far more experienced Spider-Man, with beefed-up powers, while also an example of what would happen if Peter Parker's life went a thousand times worse. The younger Spider-Man should be considered a separate one from any established continuity, though I basically drew ideas from the mainline comics (his rogues), the Ultimates series pre-Miles (age/situation), and the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon (all the awesome parts/Josh Keaton headcanon voice). Still in high school, still a bit new at this, and one who has yet to face any major crises post-Uncle Ben.

Also, as future reference I answer any questions as a review of its own, so anyone curious can see my response, and I don't have to do multiple PMs if the same people have the same question.
10/20/2012 c2 12Vladimir the Hamster
ooh, this is cool! Out of curiosity, are these Peters based off any established continuity or are they your own invention or both?
10/18/2012 c1 2twenty-two-spectacles
ooooh! that was a fantastic first chapter! Love the fast pace, can't wait for an update!

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service