FanFiction.Net
for How Not To Write A Fanfiction: An Epic Tale

12/12/2014 c5 8VulcanTrekkie
This "story" is amazing! I was laughing at this the whole night and even saying some of the hilarious lines out loud to my sister! The ending was beautiful and I loved how 'Theresa cried' so much! It sounded just charming!

I have to agree with you, these plots, author's notes, story summaries (seriously, saying "I suck at summaries" is one of the worst things to say, it pretty much is saying that you aren't confident and demoting yourself is always a bad idea. You need to get people interested in reading your story. I'm glad you pointed that out, but I'm pretty sure almost no one caught on.), and (especially) the characters are used much too often in fanfiction stories. I agree that these are all stupid mistakes made by fanfic authors, and that it's good to let them know this in an amusing story and/or constructive criticism. Although, I think that you could at least be a little more considerate with your tips. We are only human after all! Not everyone openly takes in constructive criticism, and tries to improve them self by doing their best to follow the advise people give them and to get more advice. Some people get their feelings hurt really easily, and if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person, you could easily scar them. You have to take in other's feelings into account because, like I said, we are only human. I have my sister beta read my stories and help me learn what to do, what not to do, and to help me fix small grammar/spelling errors. I am one of the people who would gladly take in any good writing advise and I get a bit from my sister. (My sis has been doing this fanfiction writing for a long time, so she knows quite a bit about writing and has improved her skills a lot so she helps me figure this stuff out early on.)

Well, I'm sure that you have heard all of this many times before, but remember, try to be just a little nicer to the people writing fanfiction. I sincerely hope that I don't make these mistakes, but I probably do because nobody's perfect like Mary-Sue!:P Great work on this "story" none-the-less.
12/5/2014 c5 16TheHauntedKeyboard
This was awesome! XD I loved just reading something and realizing that I've seen so many people do the same annoying thing!
4/25/2014 c1 anon
lol do you ever give GOOD reviews to other people's stories, or do you just nitpick?
3/23/2014 c4 63Lindsey7618
I considered NOT, reviwing, just to be considered bad. But I decided against it
3/23/2014 c3 Lindsey7618
Oh, great spelling. CNN u undstnd mi rght now. Really.
3/23/2014 c1 Lindsey7618
You know, you have my story In your bad community, and here you are spelling please PLZ.
3/21/2014 c5 deacctivated
Whenever I randomly get sad I'm going to look at this and automatically become happy, but. . .

What the fuck? Sorry for the language, but I am seriously so confused right now. It just takes a while for my mind to process so much stupid at the same time.

I like this story, I really do, but I hate it at the same time.

I know this is a parody, I get that, but I have so many mixed emotions about this, I just agh.

Bye, I am going to go sit in a corner and think about life and this story.

. . . . . . . . . .

Okay, I am back now. I UNDERSTAND. THE TITLE, "HOW NOT TO WRITE A FANFICTION; AN EPIC TALE" IS ABOUT THIS STORY. THIS STORY IS HOW NOT TO WRITE A FANFICTION. And to be honest, I hate Mary-Sue. I know, I'm a bad person. Oh well.

*DO NOT REPLY TO THIS*
1/19/2014 c1 14DannysShadowWalker
Nice. The gasped part, I have to remember that...
11/17/2013 c1 Annonymous
You need help, and I don't mean with the writing but with your personality.
If you think, that it's alright to go around and make fun of people, and hurt their feelings, then you seriously need to go to see a doctor.
Every author is different and not like you bitch. There are many out there that make a story seem fresh, even though it's been used over and over again. Meanwhile, others simply can't tell the differences between 1st and 3rd person.
As, a fellow author. you can point out the problems and tell them how to fix it. Not go around and make fun of them. Do you really think that they're going to listen to you and say 'OMG she's SO right!"?
If this is how you are in real life then it's pretty sad.
You need to get a life.
6/11/2013 c5 1sirglompsalot
Thank you for writing this; I've had my good share of laughs. I hope your point has reached the many people who have read this story. I also have a quarrel to pick with the lack of 'good' stories in this fandom. Again, thank you. I hope to read more stories from you in the near future.
4/1/2013 c5 Irritated
You must be a very un-empathic person because the fact of the matter is that you are mocking people; I could tell that from the first chapter and I didn’t appreciate it. You previously said that this story “Isn’t meant to be offensive” (Opening authors note, chapter 3) but you also said, pointing out to those who clearly didn’t catch on, that you are “mocking” (Opening authors note, chapter 3) them, so I have this to say about that: maybe you should consult a dictionary. The definition of to mock, according to Oxford Dictionaries is to “tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner”, some synonyms, provided by this nifty thing called a thesaurus, would include: ‘contemptuous’, ‘derisive’, ‘disdainful’, ‘insulting’, ‘scornful’, do I need to go on? My point is, clearly, if you’re mocking them, you are meaning to offend, so don’t try to hide this behind feigned niceties and false words. Seeing as you claim to be absolutely honest, tell it like it is; you’re being rude, insensitive and kind of irritating.

I understand that some people need help, which is the point of constructive criticism – giving help and advice, but not just pointing out where and what they’re going wrong with but also how to rectify those faults and fix their mistakes, the latter of which I haven’t seen you offer much. You’re very good at pointing out where stories go from having potential to being unoriginal and dull, I don’t deny that. Honesty is definitely a good thing, but there is a line between being honest and being rude, and I think you’re treading very close to it. This story is a step closer in the latter’s direction.

It’s not like this site is anything other than a place to practice writing for those who enjoy it, to receive constructive criticism to improve that which they enjoy and possibly want to make a career out of. Maybe if this wasn’t a website, and the stories on here were actually published novels, then you could slander and mock all you want.

Writing’s not for everyone and some pick up on it better than others, but people try to provide something at least one other person will enjoy. I’ve seen some stories that are, to absolutely honest, are rubbish, but there always seems to be someone else who is interested in it, who wants to see where it goes and the outcome. Not everyone is like you, likes the same things as you. It’s not your job to say which authors will or won’t make it in the writing industry, your job, as a reviewer, is yes, to be honest about what you thought from your perspective, but also to help and encourage, because there simply isn’t enough people interested in reading, particularly younger kids. And there will be less for people to read in the future if people go about it the way you did with this “story”; you may well be discouraging future successful writers. I doubt anyone’s first story on here is something they’re proud of, but a lot of authors get better.

Because mocking is not helping. You can label it under a ‘wake up call’, but really, it’s just mean. You said that if people see elements of your story similar to their own, they should re-evaluate their own story, and that’s true, but it doesn’t mean you can make fun of it. You are hurting people’s feelings. Is that your intention?
You tend to use people’s poor grammar (such as that may be seen in reviews, “oh emm gee I luved dis plz rite moarrrr ur da best rita in da wurlldddd”) as an excuse to point out that maybe, as a reader, they have limited credibility in comparison to yourself, who uses proper grammar. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to their own opinions. It doesn’t make you better than them.

I’ve read some of the reviews you’ve posted on stories, and sometimes I wonder if maybe you’ve read too many, that they’re blurring together because you offer points of criticism about stuff that isn’t even in that particular story.

I get that this is supposed to be a parody, and certain elements were amusing, but that doesn’t give you the right to mock them, take their words and, in the majority of cases over-exaggerate them, until they feel and sound like idiots.

Maybe you think you’re better than them, and you look down your nose. (Maybe it isn't fair of me to make judgments on your own character considering I don't know you personally, but you don't seem particularly concerned about others' feelings either).

As to my remaining anonymous, I think you could guess at my reasoning behind that, but despite that, it's my right to be anonymous. I didn't flame you, I didn't hate on you, so what does it matter who I am? I'm just another person giving their opinion.

That’s what it seems like to me. That’s my perspective.

But hey, that’s just me. Being absolutely honest.
1/10/2013 c5 7fazzems
that was probably the best thing i've ever read.
"Just a flesh wound" - I AM DEAD. Bravo, you captured WAY too many fanfictions accurately and summed up pretty much every OC ever. You should be both proud and horrified.
12/31/2012 c1 Just Saying
I feel you probably need to hear this, because clearly you spend too much time on this site thinking its ok to mock the community by writing this really melodramatic, sleazy, tired mockery of fiction. I know you may enjoy trying to prove the uselessness of the show and the fandom, and quite possibly this site. You can continue on your way being an idiotic writer that does these things for comedy, all I ask is that you would stop mocking the writers. Some of them do actually have talent, and they work really hard to bring us the best of what they have. Granted, sometimes all someone needs is a little push in the right direction by a bit of constructive criticism, but you are going about it the wrong way. This site is supposed to be a safe starting block where people can learn to become better writers and enjoy a bit of innocent prose while they're at it. People don't come here to be insulted. There is a reason for the NO FLAMING rule you mentioned. You're just one of those people who's come in from the outside and try to burn things down.
So play nice, would you? You clearly aren't in a position to be critiquing others just yet. Maybe you should work on not being an idiot first.
12/18/2012 c5 10Second daughter of Eve
This made me laugh so hard, thank you for writing this!
12/17/2012 c1 22Neonz
Oh my god. WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE?! It's like the most original yet most unoriginal fic ever. WHOA.

I haven't read the rest but the first chapter was epic so I'm favouriting. Thank you very much.
42 Page 1 .. Last Next »