for Halo: The Installation

5/15/2014 c15 22Simply Christian
So after several months of reading a chapter and then putting to the side and repeating, I have finished reading "The Installation."
You did a good job in keeping a balance between the drama and the action, not an easy feat considering how action-oriented the games are. Well done!
2/3/2014 c3 Simply Christian
Good job on this chapter.

I think you did all right on the fight scenes. Writing battle scenes is difficult for me, too, especially since often the best methods of dealing with enemies is one you want to repeat.

I did like the inclusion of the Easter egg, a nice little bit of comic relief there.
1/31/2014 c1 Simply Christian
So here I am, after several months of seeing this fanfic on my "to-read" list and not getting around to it, and I'm finally getting around to it. I won't be able to read this in one sitting, but I know that if I at least get started, then I'll definitely be able to pick up and read and review it at a faster pace.

I liked your thought processes on planning out this fic, electing to pass over the first and second games in favor of writing a novelization of the third. I, too, liked the one by Peptuck, and was disappointed upon realizing that it was probably a deadfic.

I definitely agree with your choice to refer to the Arbiter by his title; it's from the human point of view, and that's the way the humans will know him as. And considering how the Elites view honor and names, it's not a wild stretch to think that at this point, the Arbiter may not feel like he has earned the right to go by his name again.

So that's all I have for now; I'll read and review again later.
8/25/2013 c15 1themeta395
Very well written.
8/24/2013 c15 8Ny'Kle
heh heh Cool.
Cool chapter. The iconic end of halo 3. The third greatest halo game ever made. Right after Halo 2 and then halo CE.
Halo 4 was okay, but I didn't like the way that 343i is leading, with the elites being bad. The way its suppost to be, is the humans and elites vs the badguys, and all that stuff.
cool story.
8/24/2013 c15 2ghostleon
wonderful, just wonderful, you did very good. congratulations on finishing it.
8/24/2013 c15 SIGMA 0007
An incredible adaptation. I believe that you captured the whole feel of Halo 3 extraordinary well. It was moving reading the journey from Earth to the Ark where John and Cortana defeated the Flood and the Covenant with the help of Johnson and Thel. It was great releaving the great moments Halo 3 gave us(even to those who just watched it via YouTube) Thank you for this wonderful work and Hope to see more soon.
8/19/2013 c14 Geronimo
Hey, remember me? Yep, that's right, I'M the guest who said you should do Reach. The two reasons being: 1. It's my favourite Halo! And 2. It'd be interesting to see how you handle the Reach's more squad-based fights. [I'm not saying you have to... but it WOULD be nice...]. Although, I do have to wonder; why in HELL do you beat up on yourself so much as an author!? Stop putting yourself down, you're an amazing writer! Hell, I'd say this is better than some of the zelda novlizations that I've read. [And believe me when I say that some of those are pretty damn incredible]. Bottom line: this was a great novlization and story in general, and I wish you the best of luck with with any future projects, if any, that you attempt.
8/18/2013 c14 SIGMA 0007
A great adaptation. It feels like being in there (and for us the unfortunate who haven't played halo since 2 (I've got a PC. ) it's even better) You have captured perfectly all the scenes along with the emotions that they must create. Like the death of Johnson. So sad. Keep up the great work
8/17/2013 c14 slik
Awesome chapter. Cant wait for the epilogue. It's been a great ride.
8/17/2013 c14 ghostleon
Great job, i knew it was gonna be good and it was. Congratulations on finally finishing it.
7/28/2013 c13 Guest
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this novelization, so I won't bore you saying them all. All I'll say is THIS. IS. AWSOME. [Made doubly so because you're a bionicle fan]. Honestly, the combat and action didn't feel repetetive at all [at least, not to me]. Please conclude this soon. [And novelise Reach next; it'd be cool to see how you handle it].
7/16/2013 c1 Duude
Halo: Flood is the official novel of the arrival of the Flood. I recommend reading Halo: Cryptum for stories of the Forerunners
7/15/2013 c12 Guest
Great chapter. Keep it up. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
6/2/2013 c1 Guest
Is this ever going to continue?
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »