for And I Wake Up

11/23/2012 c2 Strawberry
This story is brilliant!
Totaly fantastic!
So, please...
could you update soon!? :)
11/19/2012 c2 Guest
Oh, I am enjoying this. Don't worry about that. I'm looking forward to seeing Torchwood 3 back together and the others' reaction to Ianto being a cute little child. :)
11/18/2012 c1 sd4ianto
I would like to read more. Thanks.
11/18/2012 c2 1HappySlashAddict
Two words...Love. It. One word...Brilliant. Nuff said.
11/18/2012 c2 Guest
I never guessed the man and the woman would be tosh and owen. Props
11/18/2012 c1 15apatheticempathic
I cried my emotions are now are wreck thank you :,( but thank you for giving me hope xx
11/18/2012 c2 1BelladonasMom
This is so well written. The characters are perfect. Such an unusual fix. I love that you brought back Tosh and Owen. I can't wait to see what's next!

...And Gwen was at least 7 months along when Jack left from that hillside, so Jack hasn't left Earth yet! I am intrigued.
11/18/2012 c2 Sandysan2013
I'm impressed AND hooked!
11/15/2012 c1 BelladonasMom
Brilliant stream of consciousness! Great story.
11/14/2012 c1 Guest
I don't blame you fro the crying, I cried too. And that was one of the longest introductions to a story I have ever read. Very well written, though. I also like Muppet Treasure Island and The Princess Bride. The former especially is one of my favorites. "Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep" by blackkat was an excellent story and not that you mentioned it I can see the elements from it. However, it isn't that similar. I'm curious to see where this goes.
11/14/2012 c1 DashingHero
Really good, brilliant and absolutely fantastic. Loved Ianto's video. Cant wait for more
11/14/2012 c1 3SiwgrGalon
Wow. Just... wow.
I'm trying to write a quality comment here (because I like telling people what I like about their work.), but it's a bit hard after the first read-through. Because it is... wow.

First of all: I like the style this is written in. It's very... I don't know, factual? Not without emotion, though, and it's easily read and has a nice flow to it. So, when I reached the end, I was a bit shocked that I just read about 12.000 words - they felt like a lot less! That sounds strange, maybe, but it's a compliment, because it just captures you in a way that makes you forget that this is really long. :)

As for the story itself... utterly, utterly beautiful. I like how you're able to use just the tiniest bit of dialogue, and it's more of a monologue really, but that's inredibly hard to do while keeping things interesting.
And the Faeries in Ianto's flat? Awesome! I was literally marveling at everything and laying it out in my head, because it was so, so well-written. And... fruit and saplings and a pond in the bathtub! This is like a childhood-dream come true, and you made this sound like a really wonderful thing. Your descripition of everything (the smells! That's what I loved - including the smells. I live in Scotland, now, and whenever I go out, it smells like autumn and a bit of sea. Sorry for the random note. :D )

The friendship between Tosh and Ianto has such a depth to it, too. The idea of them having movie nights is nothing new, but you know that yourself, but WHAT they are watching... it's not the usual (and I don't mean this in a bad way.) SciFi-stuff that you would imagine, but so many other things. Well done! The focus is a bit more on them, and that's completely okay, because there are not enough good Ianto-Tosh-friendship stories out there! The Jack / Ianto-interaction that's there is lovely, too. :)

So, all in all, because I'm running out of words (and I'm too lazy to get my thesaurus, which I really do at times.): This is amazing, beautiful and made me smile and cry. Ianto's last message? Ace! I didn't even realize I had started crying. You did a fantastic job there, because it was very Ianto...

All in all, once again: Fantastic job! Since you promised a second chapter ( ;) ), I'll patiently wait.
I hope you have a successful NaNo and a lovely day - I'll certainly go through my day with a smile on my face. :)
11/14/2012 c1 1Rageful Jewel
I love this fic. It was great to read what was going on in Ianto's life behind-the-scene.

The interaction with the Mara reminded me of "Keeping Time" by green wyvern. (Though KT had the interaction with the Mara start negatively, while your fic had the interact be positive from the get go.) I can understand why the first cleaner cried when she saw Ianto's flat though. I wonder, what was Jack's reaction to seeing the before photos of what the Mara did to Ianto's apartment before the cleaner set things to right? (Assuming that Jack even looked at the file/photos before putting them in Archives.)

In regards to the snippet about the Face of Boe, were you trying to imply that the virus in the Bliss drug that killed off the majority of the people living on New Earth was a product of the 456, or does the passage implying that the 456 found resistance on New Earth and got killed off for good? If the either theory is correct, then I only have one thing to say - damn. Furthermore, if the second theory is correct, then good for Boe for getting rid of the junkies.

I look forward to reading more of this fic.
73 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5