for Price of Our Sins

1/2 c40 7darkwolf76
Girl! That reaction at the end, it sent chills down my spine. I think I know what news that boy had. Robb's reaction would've been quite something to read about but then you cut it off! Dang cliffhangers! Just gotta come back for more I suppose.

This chapter was so heartbreaking though. Sylvia is really struggling with her identity, and everyone seems to be rejecting her or pushing her away when she needs acceptance the most. No wonder the poor thing is breaking down and thinking about getting drunk.

And Robb himself seems to be getting overwhelmed. He's trying to do the right thing, but it's crushing him, and it's obvious he's afraid he'll never truly get his wife back, that their relationship will be forever damaged. The love that he and Sylvia have for each other is apparent but they can't seem to express it to each other either.

And that one part at the beginning of the chapter, oh no... Not Mini! Robb and Sylvia are gonna be a wreck when they find out! But maybe that will bring them together? Cannot for the next chapter! This story is always the best and always getting better! You are so talented. Keep up the fabulous work friend!
1/2 c1 bonnieandjangolove
First and foremost I love this story. It’s amazing and just draws you in.
Second ignore everyone who is trying t fact check you or put there two unnecessary scents in. If they want to do all of that then they should write their own freaking fanfiction. It’s just a story people calm down. The author didn’t ask for you to fact check them and all your bitching about how the story deviates from canon. If all fanfics were written exactly like the original they would be SO DAMN BORING. So shut up and enjoy the story or take a hike I don’t care what the hell you do but leave your extra comments out of it. Okay? Good.
Can’t wait for the next chapter. Keep up the amazing work.
1/2 c40 chris141linardi
another great chapter! was really missing this story.
so glad to have you back, i was getting worried the story was abandoned.
1/1 c40 4LordStark5
I’m thinking that generally it’s faster to send word via Raven (which can ride twice as fast as a rider, before factoring in war) and at the very least one might swap garrons along the way and would travel in a large party...
So is it show Gendry and his legendary speed?
Serious now:
I do like the strained relationship of Robb and Sylvia here.
Don’t have much to say other than I hope next chapter comes soon.
1/1 c40 15210868letsgo
That bitch of a maid! I hope she realized that her mother is dead knowing that the Lannister lied.
8/24/2020 c39 Harmony
*sees the nonsense going on in the comment section and ignores it* Anyway, I just wanted to remind you that most of us love this story and don't mind the canon deviations because your story is wonderful and interesting and well written to boot :)
Don't stop writing babe, I love this story so immensely, I love Sylvia and I love her bithcy antics and I hope you keep going
8/24/2020 c39 4LordStark5
Holy crap, it's book cannon. I'm happy(ish).
8/24/2020 c37 LordStark5
What are Roose Bolton and Wyman Manderly doing there?
8/24/2020 c36 LordStark5
So they have a Maester, yet Robb isn't in Riverrun?
8/24/2020 c35 LordStark5
Gee, if only there were some castle along the way between the Twins and Riverrun that Robb could've left Sylvia at, that would allow for him to send for her when the siege of Riverrun had been broken, especially one where Robb picked up an additional 1k men... One conveniently positioned on the Sea, allowing for her to be sent back North if necessary, and far enough from the fighting that she wouldn't come to harm.
Oh wait, that's Seagard.
Or that whole thing about how Robb had left 30 men with Catelyn, specifically to keep something like this from happening.
8/24/2020 c34 LordStark5
As I mentioned in my last review, Robb's goals really don't need Renly. This conflict feels better suited for after Ned's death (if it still happens), rather than before. Robb has zero interest in prolonged conflict.
Also, I just hate book battle tactics with a burning passion, and Robb in particular is perhaps the biggest character who suffers as a result of the showrunners dumbing things down for no reason (don't get me wrong, they all look like dumbasses as a result, just Robb looks the worst for it).
There's also a bit of a conflation of the timeline here. Robb didn't need to cross the Twins to get south, he needed to cross them to get west, to break the siege of Riverrun. He took 9/10ths of the cavalry west with him, about 5k men, to go against Jaime's host of 15k men that was besieging Riverrun (Robb also got 1k more from House Mallister along the way, and a few hundred men from Edmure's scattered host). Robb took advantage of Jaime personally leading men to deal with some raiders, and so Robb used that to bait Jaime (who took about 2k men from the Northern camp, all mounted), into the Whispering Wood where his host was destroyed. Then Robb descended on the Northern and Eastern Camps of Jaime's siege, where both hosts were wiped out. The 1k freeriders in the Southron Camp defected with the 2k archers and infantry being scattered and reforming at the Golden Tooth.
Meanwhile, Roose continued south along the Kingsroad with 17k men to cover for the fact that Robb had crossed, and engaged with Tywin who's host numbered about 21-22k.
Tywin absolutely would not have mistaken 2k men for 20k.
And Robb's plans would already be firmly established by this point, at most he's talking with some of his lords about the tactics of the upcoming battle.
8/24/2020 c31 LordStark5
I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves with the whole summit thing.
Let's quickly recap our characters goals.
Robb- Is trying to put on a display of might to force the crown to release his father and sisters. Bonus rewards include winning over the respect of his lords, and aiding the Riverlords. He notably does not know about the incest at this point, and should fully believe Joffrey is King.
Renly- Is trying to become King, despite having an older brother, and two young nephews who would stand in the way in terms of succession, and that's not even before getting into the fact that some would likely put Sylvia, Minisa, Myrcella and Shireen ahead of him in the line of succession as well. Renly has the biggest army with the backing of Highgarden and Storm's End, and seems perfectly content to let his enemies destroy each other first, before he can swoop in and be a savior of sorts.
Basically, Renly would be totally cool letting Robb and Tywin duke it out in the Riverlands, and Robb has more pressing issues to deal with, like the fact that his father and sisters are imprisoned. Robb's short term plans really don't align with Renly's long term plans.
8/24/2020 c30 LordStark5
There were only the two bastards in King's Landing. Gendry and the babe, Berra.
Additionally, once again, Stannis has not declared himself king. A big reason for Robb not declaring for Stannis was the fact that they didn't know Stannis's intentions.
8/24/2020 c29 LordStark5
Robb didn't get word of Renly crowning himself until after they had broken the siege of Riverrun. This is important as this was in addition to word of Ned's death, the stimulus for the meeting where Robb is crowned King in the North. A big part of why Robb was even crowned as the fact that the Northern Lords were in complete gridlock, and a lot of that had to do with the fact that they were just now getting word of Renly crowning himself, and they didn't know Stannis's intentions yet since he had not yet crowned himself.
8/24/2020 c25 LordStark5
The timeline here is really messed up. Ned's coup took place almost immediately after Robert's death.
Word of Robert's death would've come with word of Ned's coup. Especially since anything they heard about this prior to them getting the letter would just be crazy rumors and tales, not the truth. Sansa's letter would actually sort it out for them.
And Edmure's plea for help isn't really in line with cannon either. There word of Edmure's defeats, but really outside of sending word to King's Landing about the Mountain's alleged raids in the Riverlands (which were actually probably the Riverlords burning their own lands, something we learned later on that they were in fact doing), and him requesting leave to carry out the King's Justice.
544 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »