for Soldier's Eyes

8/22/2018 c1 31Colt401
This is really, really good. I love it. Thanks for sharing
3/17/2016 c1 7NoilyPrat
Holy crap.
Couldn't imagine what was in the motel room - by the way, really appreciated the brunette one-night-stand of Dean's. Love her for her understanding and compassion, and really feel sorry for her now that she's had to deal with Dean's messed up memories in his head. Poor girl, yeah, I'd have run too.
But glad she called both Benny and Sam. That they worked together.
Backing up. Liked how Sam was trying to figure out how to get Dean relaxed, and how he was trying to get him drunk and laid. What a brother! LOL!
Then when Sam and Benny got into that room... again, holy crap. Good imagery. And a pint low. Ouch Dean - you were really out of it to cut yourself up like that and not wake up.
But glad Benny talked a bit. And glad Sam is trying to talk with Dean a bit. They both need to talk.
2/22/2014 c1 Guest
Ah, this was really wonderful. I enjoyed the angst and the hurt and the comfort. Especially liked the way the ending mirrored the beginning regarding the brothers' heavy silence in the car.
1/19/2014 c1 13Rae Roberts
This was great. I hated that Sam didn't go looking for Dean and felt the writers of the show didn't explain it at all. This story helped. Your portrayal of Benny was dead on, the voice was perfect. Loved it.
9/7/2013 c1 greenwise
Like this...good job
8/27/2013 c1 Helena SM Russ
It's the good story ))
6/17/2013 c1 4Freya922
This was such a wrenching look at what the after effects of Purgatory might have been like, but even more so the terrible chasm between the brothers that resulted from their different paths that year. I loved that you ended with hope that that chasm could be bridged!
5/26/2013 c1 21Aranna Undomiel
Pfew, this was really heavy stuff, but I really loved it. You nearly had me crying as the girl told Dean to go to sleep and that he was really back...
And then you turn 180 and have Dean have a meltdown ;) Loved the fact that you brought Benny into it, for some reason, I really like him...must be the accent...lol.
Great writing as usual, hope you'll post more stories again soon :D
4/25/2013 c1 FoxO'Fire
I always thought they didn't address Dean's PTSD enough in the show. If there was an episode dedicated to it, I'd want this to be story.
4/17/2013 c1 3shookenuppepsi
Love the PTSD. They had hints of it in the actual show, but nothing so explicit.
3/31/2013 c1 Guest
i've been reading your stories for awhile now and love what you do with the storyline and characters. I know you have this as a oneshot but i think you should consider turning this into a multi chapter. There's not many stories out there with benny, sam and dean that actually hold true to the characters and the emotions behind them. If any of the many authors i've read could pull it off it would be you. just somehting you should consider. thanks.
3/7/2013 c1 7Death-Muncher
Awesome fic :)
2/9/2013 c1 162smalld1171
Absolutely wonderful. I cannot say enough about how amazing this story is. Love everything about it and really, really, really wish the show would have delved into this. Who knows, Benny isn't out of the picture yet so Sam may yet learn why his brother has ties to the vampire. Thanks so much for this, I enjoyed thoroughly. :)
1/7/2013 c1 16amyblair
I'm not gonna lie: It's been a long, long time since I have been out to fan fiction. So long that they've updated the site and I was a little nervous my password didn't even work.

It did. I was glad. Because this was delicious!

Mumford, IA, huh? Too bad you didn't go to that Mumford and Sons concert with me. You woulda liked it... 50 miles outside of Atlantic Iowa... is either Des Moines or Omaha so you must be going North. Either way, Atlantic has a little mom and pop shop that has the yummiest pies. I mean, to die for, or at least to travel 50 miles just to buy a whole pie. Sour Cream Raisin is Mr Blair's favorite. I like the Peanut Butter Chocolate one, myself... Just sayin', in case you every travel that way...

'His own brother hadn't even looked for him. Had just...run away. Why did he fight so hard to keep everyone with him when all they really wanted to do was leave?' You know, I never thought of it like that. Not that they DID leave because a lot of them do but that they WANT to leave. I can see where he would see it that way. I hadn't quite put it into that perspective before.

'...she wasn't speaking to a soldier, but to a shell.' - very appropriate. I actually thought you nailed this Dean here. He's a tough nut to crack this season and hard to put your finger on but I think you did it quite nicely. Here, but not home.

"...fill my heart with splinters." - Oh, I grinned. Loved it. Keep that one stored someplace and use it again. It's almost as fantastic as "Let 'em talk". Seriously, keep it.

'All of it' - I liked that this was one of your repeats. It worked well and we've all been there, had to accept something or someone as a whole, whether we really had our heads wrapped around it yet.

I liked all the ways you described the way Benny talked (and thanks for popping him into this piece) but I think my favorite was 'He drew out the words like taffy...'

Loved that Sam thought of Benny as a 'protective gargoyle' and that when they were talking that Sam thought Benny was describing Dean correctly because it was something their Dad would say. Really liked the shout out to John.

"Head intact and all." Heh.

I really liked that you brought the full circle of the line 'but this was...this was heavy.' It was nice to read it through both brothers eyes and heads, knowing that they aren't fixed yet and neither of them quite knowing how to get from here to there.

Of course, though, for me, the best lines go to Benny with the "He ain't broken, Sam. He's just... trying to find his way... Like we all are." You're giving a vampire a heart, you know. Or maybe he's had one the entire time but you're making it three times bigger.

Loved the story. I thought it was a great read. I need to come out and visit more often but this was a great skip. Thanks for getting it out!
12/30/2012 c1 35borgmama1of5
Want this in the show! And want it to continue with the boys finally TALKING...

Beautifully written, so many layers of emotions put out, all in a very in-character way, especially Sam's love/resentment/fear.
69 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »