for Sunday Brunch

1/16 c8 Bakerstreet Blues
Hey Harp,

Killing an afternoon re-reading some of my favorites and SHOCKINGLY YOUR profile is open...haha

I never understood why House didn't sue the crap out of PPTH along with all the doctors that saw him...that made no sense to me. Course the biggest mystery of all would be HOW THE HELL DID HOUSE END UP WITH CUDDY? I'm pretty sure I could NEVER trust her again...not with life or limb.

Thanks for the relaxing afternoon.

Be well and keep safe.

BSB
6/30/2019 c9 15JackslovesHilson
Hi, Harpo,

I love this story... House before the infarction is one of the biggest what-ifs in fandom history. What if Stacy didn't make the choice she did?

As I am now writing a story of my own, I have to admit that 'Sunday Brunch' is a guide for me.

It will go to favorites

JacklovesHilson
11/3/2017 c9 Guest
I like it but where is Stacy? Why substitute someone else for her?
1/27/2016 c9 hedwigsart
Dear harpomax, you are a genius. Your fics are always amazing. I loved this story SO much! The AU made perfect sense, very interesting to see what could have been had House gone with his other passion as a career choice. I was so relieved that Janet didn't do the same as Stacy. Love the perfect characterization. I bow deeply before you for creating yet another clear fanfiction favorite of mine.
3/28/2014 c9 28Betz88
I just read this. All nine chapters of it in one swell foop.
This totally different take on House's difficulties, his musical background and his genius as a medicine man, kind of overwhelmed me in its contradictions: fullness and simplicity. And it ended with the beginning of a long, satisfying friendship.
You're good.
*Whew!*
3/2/2013 c9 4Harper Penn
Oh my goodness! That was wonderful! I loved it. Your transitions, your descriptive talent, your introspective thoughts. I love the way that you don't know something is happening until a character mentions it directly - you just have to cautiously hope until then. This is a really cool perspective of how House's life would have gone had Stacy made a different choice. I love how Wilson is still going to be his best friend in the future, and how you mentioned that it was medicine and pain that made him rude and angry. We only get to see musical House a few times during the tv series and he always seems much more at peace.
Usually, I don't like these stories that are drastically different from cannon. But this was beautifully written. Bravo!
1/21/2013 c9 aligal528
Great story
12/6/2012 c9 Bakerstreet Blues
Bravo Harpo...you did it again. Terrific writing as always.
12/6/2012 c9 29BabalooBlue
Ahh, great alternative story. Yes, that could've been House's life, and it looks like a good one. Certainly a happier one. I much prefer Janet to Stacy, if only for that one sweet moment when their decisions differed.
Thanks for giving us a different, happy House! :)
12/6/2012 c9 De-em2
Thank you for publishing this story here. Remember reading it earlier (quite a bit earlier), but forgot about it. A really nice alternative path for House's life; and a much better outcome all in all. Kind of emphasizes the choices we make in life.
12/5/2012 c9 17Flatpickluvr
Wow, did you just write all of this? I am a nurse and a musician with a yen for jazz from the 20's to the 40's. I play harmonica, guitar, mandolin, piano and a few other things, but my favorites are jazz guitar and harmonica. I love the musical setting in which we first see House. I still don't get why House would not have insisted on an arteriogram from the get-go, but that's not your fault. They didn't even think of that on the show, and there were at least four MDs among the writing staff on that show... As a nurse, I would know right away if I'd pulled something (as you correctly indicated Greg did too) and, knowing that I hadn't pulled anything, my next immediate conclusion would be that the problem was circulatory. An arteriogram is a first line test in an emergency, which this was, and an MRI would not even have been necessary had they done an arteriogram first. But hey, i know this isn't a medical primer. I did very much enjoy this fic!
12/5/2012 c9 34OldSFfan
What a perfect alternative universe! The original storyline is dumped neatly on its head in nearly every way. Superb piece of writing!
12/5/2012 c9 4siddigfan
Wow! Loved it! What a great idea and a great plot and everybody in character! Thanks for this gem!
12/5/2012 c9 Guest
I really enjoyed this story. I am also glad that you posted all 9 chapters at once. Your point of view of the infarction and it's treatment were quite good and I liked Janet's decision much better than Stacy's decision. Thank you for sharing your writing and story telling talents with all of us.
12/5/2012 c9 27RCraig