FanFiction.Net
for Avalanche

9/17/2019 c1 131UnluckyAmulet
So I have to admit that it took me a LONG time to finish this fic, because 35k words is a lot to get through for a fanfiction, and I feel like this story would have been better as a multichapter fic considering it's so long, or maybe a three-parter.

Anyway, I digress. The relationship between Sandor and Sansa is explored so well in this, especially Sandor projecting his feelings about his dead sister onto Sansa but also feeling conflicted by his desire over her as she grows up. Sansa's character is handled very well - she's still naïve and timid around Sandor but she's not completely spineless and you remembered to give her a lady's dignity, which isn't something every writer always does. I really liked Jojen's dream about Sandor being the only man who didn't rush for the gold (and to his death) and Sandor's fuck-buddy relationship with Osha, I can definitely see the canon characters doing that.

I do have to admit that after Sansa goes to Pentos the story started to get a bit...disjointed? I found it difficult to follow for a bit because it was just Sansa floating around the Manse and Sandor being her babysitter, nothing of particular interest happened until the scene where he rejected her and the parts were Sandor was with the Golden Company had me skimming them because I was impatient for him to go back to Sansa like I knew he inevitably would. The scene where she ties him to the bed was quite surprising, I have to say it made me uncomfortable when Sandor was begging her to stop, but I suppose Sansa felt drastic measures needed to be taken because of Sandor's inability to express non rage-related emotions, though I'm glad it didn't get to the point of actual sex.

Also, I absolutely loved how the title tied into the whole story and the connections between Sandor's sister falling vs. Sansa almost-falling in King's Landing, looking at the fic you wouldn't see how the title fits right away. I do wish the conversation Osha had concerning the avalanche happened had been mentioned much earlier, though, I feel like it would have been punchier that way. But it was a great way of tying the whole thing together. (And I definitely prefer this ending for Sandor - it's what he deserved.)

~Amulet
1/3/2018 c1 4PiwakawakaOz
ABSOLUTELY one of the best reads out there. Completely brilliant.
10/11/2017 c1 Guest
God, i'm gonna die after this! is so perfect! I love Sansa/Sandor with all my heart!
8/9/2017 c1 lakota3
Damned this was so freacking good!
7/25/2017 c1 Smeebs
Literally so fucking Good
7/11/2016 c1 ladybeekeeper
Such an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing your writing. ~x
10/6/2015 c1 6SummerDaze2010
I can't not review this, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of writing I've read. I often find myself returning to re-read it. I love how the Sandor and Sansa characters are written, they both feel very organic and true to the books whilst allowing for the growth and reaction to the circumstances and situations you place them in. ️
7/23/2015 c1 Guest
So Clegane screwed Sansa AND her mother? How perfectly unsettling...
7/14/2015 c1 marilykat
I don't read straight fanfics and I am open with my disdain towards straight couples of books and tv shows and movies, and I'm more curved that a fucking U. In spite of this, I found myself searching for fanfics of this pairing, just to come up empty-handed and stupididly disappointed because all of them were of Sansa being treated as Sandor's warprize and his trophy and whatnot.
I found your name because I did not gave up and continued searching and it was almost, almost by accident that I clicked on this fic. I only have three words to describe it: IT. FUCKING. ROCKS. Its the very, very first SanSan (and "s" for "straight," too) fic that I've truly like and have not found lacking in neither characterization nor plot.
Now, I'll go read all your other fics and right after finishing this, you go straight (XD) to my favorites :)
8/24/2014 c1 117Persephone Lupin
Brilliantly written, loved it!
5/19/2014 c1 1sorrowsown
That was amazing. I gotta admit, didn't like sansa nearly forcing herself on sandor though. I'm glad she stopped. Other than that, the story was Perfect! great job
4/24/2014 c1 Me
That... was awesome xD, there is however one thing that i don't think felt right I don't think Dany would burn anyone to be fair, not even a Blackfyre pretender .
4/16/2014 c1 4wizardfantasy
This story is amazing in 32,000 words you deliver on plot, character and a good ending...the characters arent OOC they're written perfectly. I love this story!
3/21/2014 c1 6SetMeFree1