FanFiction.Net
for Prisoners of Isengard

12/21/2012 c2 50Zoop
Seeing more of our lady Tara and I like her spunk. :) She's definitely an independent woman, but practical as well. Not practical enough to fuck for food, of course, but practical enough to accept the 'gracious' offer of a meal from a nice young man. :) I confess, through the whole scene, I was expecting an Orc to come screaming in and put his "Orc-Slayer" title to the test. XD
12/21/2012 c5 i am nobody you know
Update soon please!
12/21/2012 c5 5skinpuppet
On some level I'm all like *oh fuck no* but then on another level I'm giggling and being all »aww Ushatar is cute!» I love the kind of characters that make me have mixed feelings about themselves x)
12/21/2012 c4 19Puffgirl1952 the 2nd
Update
12/20/2012 c4 i am nobody you know
Update soon, I want to see what happens with Tara next :)
12/20/2012 c3 i am nobody you know
Can't wait for me :) you're doing great so far !
12/20/2012 c2 1Inkflower16
Go on like this ! :) looks like a good start to me
12/20/2012 c2 MorNor
Yay another story! Seems intriguing and original from the beginning. Tara certainly isnt a damsel in distress, it will be interesting to see how shes going to manage in Isengard. More please! :)
12/20/2012 c2 5skinpuppet
*claps hands* Yup eagerly waiting continuation for this too. Hint: When you switch between Tara and Ushatar's point of views, perhaps add three centred stars or a line between the POVs. Makes it easier to figure out when the POV changes. :)
12/20/2012 c1 50Zoop
Wow! I like this! Tara's the kind of gal who could probably find a way to survive in Isengard, which I can predict is where she'll end up. She's introduced to us as a self-sufficient sort of survivor, who faces adversity on her own terms. She doesn't want to make a living on her back, but doesn't seem to condemn the women who do. There's obviously a kind of cameraderie there, if Gwenna is offering food in a besieged city. Taking care of the girl. I assume that sort of extension of compassion wouldn't happen if Tara was a bitch. :)

Ushatar (who's name ending being so close to Tara must be significant!) strikes me as an eager young space cadet. You know, from Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century. XD He's eager to please, and I suspect smarter than his betters. His observations of Saruman's distance from his creations - his mind being elsewhere most of the time - not only shows Saruman's indifference to them as individuals, but also Ushatar's awareness of others. Not indifferent *himself*. He's picked things up in Isengard, learned already when to shut the hell up. Also a survivor, I'm thinking. And seems also to have a playful, humorous side I hope we see more of.

You mention the commander's name is Gharsh-il, so I'm assuming this is in the same 'universe' as your "A Light in Darkness" story since he's mentioned there as well. Maybe we'll meet Rakhan in passing? :)
12/20/2012 c2 19Puffgirl1952 the 2nd
UPDATE
12/19/2012 c1 9Malady335
This looks promising I hope to see more soon.
237 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16