FanFiction.Net
for Desires of the Heart

1/24/2013 c3 MoonWarriorLuna
I was slightly disappointed at the author's note but the quick update has my head in the clouds. So happy! I read some of your replies to reviews and I'm not trying to put down anyone, but it's only the beginning. Usually I wait until the story is in at least five chapters before reading but I couldn't pass up a chance at reading a Thranduil/OC story ;D (I accidentally sent a review for chp. 4 when I wasn't finished; wouldn't let me review again T.T)
1/24/2013 c4 MoonWarriorLuna
I was sl
1/24/2013 c3 JustSayin
Your character still screams Mary-Sue; what next will she be singing and birds come out of the trees?
1/22/2013 c2 4missbelab
Ow! Update please...i loved it!
1/22/2013 c1 6tahiriveilasolo
Alright, since you said to tell you if you could improve things, I'm going to.

First, I want to start out by staying that I think you've got an interesting idea- or I wouldn't have clicked on the story, lol.

There are many different takes on the nature of Thranduil, so I won't comment there, except that from my understanding, he had quite a temper.

Now, a couple of things that turns anyone who knows anything about the books and LOTR canon universe. One, your summary telling how beautiful your OC character automatically turns people off, because the assumption is that she's a Mary Sue and Thranduil will only be attracted to her beauty. I'm not saying she can't be beautiful- I'm just saying that there needs to be a *reason* why a human- who's race are, without exception, not as comely as the elves- is so beautiful, especially beautiful enough to catch Thranduil's attention. You've got a great opportunity here to give her some background history.

Secondly, Thranduil was married and had numerous children; elves, when they marry, don't have sex with anyone else, don't marry, and don't committ adultery, much less have a divorce, even if their spouse is in the Undying Lands. This can be easily fixed by declaring your story AU; I admit, it's a little nit-picky, but I'd hate for readers to miss out on an interesting story because that little detail turns them off. ;)

Thirdly, your descriptions of her, and the scenery, is a bit over the top. You keep on using "beautiful" and other such words to basically get across how goregeous your character and Imladris is. Frankly, its boring to read and tedious. We already known Imladris is a beautiful and peaceful Elven santuary. People also don't describe other people's eyes as "pure sky blue"; they just call them blue. Also, it gives the reader the idea that there is nothing else to this girl but her beauty.

Fourthly, "beautiful even by mortal standards?" I think you meant elven standards here- the elves had higher standards then the Edain (the race of man).

To answer a few historical questions, Celebrian is NOT dead at this time- she simply as sailed to Valinor, the Undying Lands. Arwen is no longer in Lothlorien at this time, and Thranduil's wife did die giving birht to Legolas. Instead of putting these questions in the middle of your story where it breaks up the chapter and distracts your reader, why don't you put it at the bottom or the top, out of the story? Or better yet, do the research necessary for your story before you post it?

Fifthly, once again, you're runnign the risk of having Anolinde as a Mary Sue. First off, she's a mortal with an Elvish name. Why? Secondly, you've made her Elrond's adopted daughter; again, why? Out of all his years on Middle Earth, Elrond adopted no one; he raised Aragorn, but he did not adopt him, and only because of their distance relations and Aragorn's status as heir to Gondor. Thirdly, you've made her Elrond's daughter. As such, a reader would expect her to have a thorough education; there would be no need for to read about past battles to learn about them. She would have already leanred about them, or would be in the process of. Also, if she's such an honored part of Elrond's family, why wouldn't she be greeting the Mirkwood procession with the rest of the family?

I would also suggest that you insert some kind of break between Anolinde and Thranduil's POVs; its jolting to the reader to suddenly switch and adjust to jumping ahead in time.

Lastly: love at first sight, really? That kind of takes the interest from the rest of the story; a thousands of year old being falls in love with a young mortal woman...simply because she is pretty? The ellon has a brain, you know.

To wrap up, you have mulitple grammar and spelling mistakes throughout the chapter; I'd suggest either proofreading it before you post, as requested by FFN, or getting someone else to read it over for you.
1/18/2013 c2 Tralala
I like this story but i feel you have created too much detail about informing me how beautiful and amazing Anolinde is and its rather Mary Sue ish, I'm sure she is great but I'm not really interested by her because she seems so flawless and everyone is enchanted by her. Also I don't believe Thranduil would fall in love with anyone that quickly, like you said she's beautiful but he's an elf and I'm sure he gets to see that same shit every day. Just my thoughts xx
1/1/2013 c2 18LittleNK
Thranduil falls for human? Interesting :)
12/31/2012 c2 Charlotte17
Great story :-). Can't wait to see what happens next.
12/29/2012 c2 MoonWarriorLuna
Super excited for finally a Thranduil/OC story. Please continue!
12/26/2012 c2 SarcasticSarcasm
This story is fantastic!
12/26/2012 c2 Lady Minuialwen
wow another great chapter. Keep up the good work :D I'm really looking forward to more chapters 3
12/26/2012 c2 Guest
That was so cute.
12/25/2012 c1 Lady Minuialwen
Wow this is a fantastic chapter XD Please continue
12/25/2012 c1 vrzsk
I like this story! Please update soon! :)
12/24/2012 c1 9Fan Fictional Authoress
It was peace-ful: just how she liked it.

Because we all know that there is a slight possibilty that she does not want things to be peaceful .

LoL.