for Merry Christmas to You Too, Gwin!

10/3/2017 c1 Suricata
The story was very heartwarming and beautiful, good job!
4/17/2015 c1 LaylanatorXVII
Man, I was so scared that Dustfinger was gonna holler at Farid... Thankfully, he didn't... And AW, Dustfinger has a heart!
This was sweet. I loved it. Your characterization of Dustfinger was great. And Farid would totally spring it on him like that. Just like "Dustfinger, look what I did!" and Dustfinger's just like: "...*stunned*..."
Thanks for writing!
1/24/2013 c1 Rilawa
Loved it!
1/6/2013 c1 12radha24-Dusty's apprentice
That was so beautiful! I absolutely loved it!

It made me feel all warm and happy inside, which was nice, because I've been having a bit of a rough time recently.

You characterized Dustfinger and Farid very well. The way Farid feels bad about Dustfinger's troubles and wants to make him feel bette ris totally like him. Also, doing it as a surprise is something Farid would come up with, too. As for Dustfinger, you have his sarcastic nature towards his apprentice down, yet you mix it with the love he has for his apprentice along with the sadness of being in a different world perfectly. Dustfinger, as we both know, is a very complex character, but you displayed all the facets of his personality perfectly.

Reading thsi made me smile a couple of times, too, with some of the funnier lines, like when Dustfinger says "And what about your other package? I assume it's not for the pigeons."

And of course, I loved the last few lines the most of all. They made for an amazing conclusion.

All in all...wonderful as always, Sauron! I was so excited to see something you wrote again! :D

radha24 :D
12/27/2012 c1 9Goldencity
I read this on Christmas night, and I have to say: this was simply amazing. I couldn't stop smiling after reading it; and now as well, after reading it again. I was so excited when I saw this new Inkheart oneshot from you, and my expectations were certainly not disappointed. I loved it. It was sweet, and touching, and just perfect.

Dustfinger and Farid were both completely in character. The way it was written felt like it could have come from Cornelia. I loved these lines, especially:

"But Gwin doesn't bite me," Farid said. Dustfinger had just rolled his eyes and turned away, muttering something about children.

"I leave you half an hour and you're attacking trees."

All of their interactions were brilliant. Dustfinger and Farid are my favorite characters, and I can honestly say you did them justice with this fic. Farid's initial mistrust of snow, which quickly turned to excitement, and his enthusiasm and curiosity of new things like Christmas were all so in character, as well as Dustfinger's skepticism and blunt, less-than-encouraging answers to Farid's questions. Farid's idea after seeing the sadness in Dustfinger's eyes, and then his eagerness and hope while waiting to see what Dustfinger would think just made me want to hug him.

And the fact that there are so few stories about the two of them makes me appreciate this one all the more. Thank you so much for writing this piece! I really cannot express how much I love it.