for Picking Up The Pieces

8/25/2013 c1 22Joel-Gomes
Before I give any review, I need to say this: Sydney with a temper... not a pretty sight. Quite intimidating as a matter of fact.

Following the consequences of Jarod's departure (as seen in 'Retrospective'), the title of this story is a perfect fit. It was presumable that Miss Parker might feel the loss of Jarod, despite her attempts to make everyone else think otherwise, but never to this extreme. As she relays her side of the story, the loss she has faced, the lies, the deceit, it's actually a surprise how long she held without snapping.

In my opinion, this one of the most important and defining stories in this series. Important because it puts Sydney and Miss Parker on a new common path. They both lost someone very dear to them and realize they can lean on each other for support. Defining because the Miss Parker this series will show us in the future is very different from the one we've known so far. THIS is the beginning of that transformation. Without this story, that evolution would not make any sense.
6/2/2003 c1 B Oots
I really enjoyed the story. The relationship between Sydney and Miss Parker is so realistic.
3/18/2003 c1 gemini006007
Hi MMB,

Loved this story. The relationship betweem MP and Sydney is realistic and very true to the characters. Great Job.!
12/14/2002 c1 14Bec-Bec
Wow! I'm naming you my second Pretender Fan Fiction God, alongside Phenyx. No matter what, your stories never slip into smarm or cliche. They are trully well written with inspired ideas and interpretations. The language you use is well picked and realistic given the characters natures. It's just amazing! Great Job!
12/13/2002 c1 13maestra
MMB-

Wow, Miss Parker having a breakdown, never would have thought that possible! But you did a great job. I love how you get inside Syd's mind, but then you know I adore that about your writing.
11/26/2002 c1 20Lisette
Even if the first story was meant as a stand alone, it's a great follow-through to see where Jarod's departure would take people and how it would affect others. Time for the next part...
8/5/2002 c1 Danni
Great story, fabulous job following the character's character. LOL, really you did a great job!
8/5/2002 c1 Mindy
But it dosen't have Jarod in it! :(
8/1/2002 c1 Rae
Wonderful! I loved it.
8/1/2002 c1 Deb
I smell a sequel!

:-D
8/1/2002 c1 12Harry2
I'm a Pretender fan, and working on a Pretender Crossover story of my own. And when I read this story, I had only two thoughts that came to my mind: 1) Sydney WILL make sure that Ms. Parker is treated properly, giving her the help she needs. 2) Jarod WILL find out about Ms. Parkers abuse by her father, and that rat WILL PAY! And when Jarod gets into payback mode, someone is going to wish that they had never done what they had done to that person ever!
7/31/2002 c1 gambitslove
This was amazing! Perfect! You blew me away with this story. Thank you for letting me experience it.
7/31/2002 c1 5Pangur Ban
Beautiful story! I've often wondered what would happen to "the three stooges" post-Jarod, and you've done a wonderful job with it! More, please!