for At the Heart of All Things

6/22/2015 c1 SoundScream
Great piece of work.
2/15/2014 c1 fanficchica123
I have never once felt sorrow or pity for Ozai but somehow...you made me do it... I swear you have magic typing hands! Loved this!
2/11/2014 c1 4Nessandra
I'm a fan of Fire and Ice, and I enjoyed this little story. However, it has come to my attention that many authors refer to having bended as "bent" Ex: "firebent". I, however, disagree with this use in context. "Bent", refers to it as already having been bent, not bended by some force. "Bended" Ex: "firebended" to me at least, fits better, because it shows that it was bent by an outside force. For example, you would say, "that pole is bent," if you found it that way, but you would say "that pole has been bended," if you knew that something had made it that way. I suppose my opinion could be wrong or misinformed, but that's just how I feel. Continue writing, I love you work. Thank you for the story.
8/6/2013 c1 5loverofallthings
This is really great, you are a fantastic writer. I wonder if you have considered maybe doing a sequel where Ozai realizes that he has turned into his father with Zuko?
4/13/2013 c1 To This Day
That was really good. Loved it.
4/2/2013 c1 1Lionheart-Lover
Crying. I am in tears. Your writing is beautiful and your portrayal of Ozai breaks my heart. I loved it!
3/29/2013 c1 Clueless-Major
It's hard to think of someone you dislike as human - you'd like to think he or she is jut evil and leave it at that. This is by far the best, I guess you would call it an origin story, of Ozai that I've read.

I cant believe that I sympathize with him,but I do now. This one shot perfectly explains why Ozai is the way he is yet also explain how someone wonderful like Ursa can marry him.

Great story. :)
3/13/2013 c1 4LavenderHillLove
This is beautifully cruel. You never cease to impress. I'd love to read more Ozai fics.
1/8/2013 c1 5riverlark
Aw. Now I feel sorry for Ozai. How am I going to hate him later down the road with Fire and Ice?
1/7/2013 c1 4NollasBlack
Hi! How are you?

wow! That was harsh... Now, there is an explantion to Ozai's behavior towards Zuko, he does not know any better

I still like it!.. horrifying but like it!

I will continue with Fire and Ice now

Bye
1/7/2013 c1 3Lovely Loree
AHHHHHHHHHHH 3
1/4/2013 c1 4ButInEssenceDivided
The eighth birthday was an incredible head canon, and the parallels between Ozai and Zuko wanting their fathers' love were heartbreaking. This was amazing!
1/2/2013 c1 1SparksxFly
First off, I love the chance this story brings to the background of Fire and Ice. Seeing Ozai as more of a human, rather than just pure evil, opens up so much opportunity. Considering this is pure headcanon, I found it amazingly believable as a background for Ozai. I can see how these events could really mold him into the man he is as an adult and help him justify the actions he takes in life. I imagine that Zuko's childhood was very similar, and that it's Zuko's biggest accomplishment that he was able to overcome this kind of childhood in a way that Ozai, as the Fire Lord, cannot. The firebending test is an amazing idea and a highly effective turning point. I wonder if Zuko had to go through the same thing. And finally, I love the narrative flow of this story, how it jumps around like memories being suddenly recalled. It's an awesome effect.
Wonderful story! The way this story ties into Fire and Ice is truly amazing and I love the effort you put in to everthing you write!
1/1/2013 c1 17Mastermindr
But what happened to the third (second?) brother? I'm sure we'll find out. Your writing is amazing as always. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me going until the next chapter of "Fire and Ice" is ready
12/30/2012 c1 1Inwen
Is it ok for me to like that Zuko and Ozai both loved turtle ducks? They were actually my favourite animal from Avatar other than the Koala sheep.
On a serious note though, this was such a poignant look into Ozai's childhood. I really love your characterization of Ozai in Fire and Ice and I love having some background on him as well. Ozai not showing his firebending until age 8 would explain partially why he was so hard on Zuko...like you couldn't have your father's love until you were a proper firebender in the royal family. I'm assuming his previous brother was not a firebender and that is why he's not around. Breaks my heart. But this was a great way to provide some insight into Ozai's thinking and reasoning. Hope to read more like it!
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »