for Believe

7/8/2017 c1 3phantomtraveler1
That was the sweetest thing I've ever read. Amazing work.
8/1/2016 c1 Guest
️️️️I love this love love love this
12/27/2012 c1 261Evil Cosmic Triplets
A heart-warming tale.

“It's not the prettiest thing either, pine needles falling all around it like lost hair, branches few and far between.” – great description of the Christmas tree; and totally ‘perfect’ in a young child’s eyes where perfection is not necessarily a measure based on looks alone.

This is a very sweet, heartfelt exchange, which details how kids seem to see the world through a special lens and an imagination which many adults have sadly lost or misplaced:
“’The red.’ Alex points to the snowman’s chest, right where a random red dot covers the snowman where there's no red anywhere else. ‘Mizz O, says it's not suppose' to be there. But I think, it's his heart.’
‘Snowmen don't have hearts.’
‘Dis one does.’ Alex gives him the most serious look ever…”

“Filip can see all the chips, cracks, missing parts and discolorations of each ornament; but somehow it looks even more beautiful because of it.” – lovely Christmas sentiment.

I really like this, because it seems to be so true: “And the boys have everything they didn't even know they wanted, because hoping would have been too painful.”

And this, “Filip turns the card over and reads, it's a simple hand-scrawled note, only one sentence, with no signature or anything- 'Everyone has a heart, just believe.'” – makes for a very tear-filled happy ending. And smiles galore as well.

Wonderful Christmas tale, beautifully told about how the Christmas spirit lives in the heart of children who dare to believe, and Santa is real. I really enjoyed reading this.