for Peace is a Lie

5/18 c1 Vespers
There is so much I like about this fic. Your characterisation of Palpatine is perfect - as always. But my favourite thing is probably in the summary, where you make the grammar ‘error’ of saying ‘I and my fellow Sith’, instead of ‘my fellow Sith and I’ because that is 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 Palpatine.
I love it.
3/11/2017 c1 Lord Asmodeus
Absolutely wonderful. No purposeful addition of intellectualism when concerning philosophy, all this is simply, pure, untainted reality. Many may prefer to call this Social Darwinism. Yet, undeniably, this is but reality, without nary an embellishment, nor flowery language to soften the blow.

Well done indeed. It was also quite splendid that the character of the Duchess, so very common as an archetype, was massacred without mercy.
12/14/2015 c1 Pirate King Ray
There is one flaw in Sidious's philosophy; he fails to realize the weak can become the strong. Look at Bane.

When he faced jail for killing an officer it was only because Groshik showed compassion and helped him escape that he wasn't sent to jail for the rest of his life. When he was slated to die for defying Ulabore Kopecz saw his potential and overrode the execution. When Sirak beating him put him in a funk Githany helped him get out of his stupor.

For all of his talk about the strong dominating the weak, Bane would have been one of the weak without outside help. The strong can help uplift the weak, and in turn the weak can become the strong. That's what the sith fail to understand. That and the fact that cooperation is needed or else we all die. The sith empire's were dysfunctional because the leaders were so focused on their own games they screwed over each other more than their foes. The sith threw victory away several times because they were so focused on their ambitions
1/7/2013 c1 9AshlaTi
Very nice. His disgust with Satine echoes mine as a Mando Fan. Why didn't they just make her a Chandrillan or an Aldaraanian, it would have saved the Mandos from being cut off at the knees. At least it gave us the Death Watch
1/6/2013 c1 30Unlimited Power
"A more foolish and deluded woman I have never met." - What about senator Amidala? Mon Mothma?

I think the comparison between Duchess' weak rule and Palpatine's plans for the Empire would have fit nicely here.

All in all, this aspect of the Sith philosophy and how it applies in the terms of society and big picture was explained adequately, though the whole line "Peace is a lie, there is only passion" refers more to the inner peace and the relation between the Sith and the Force. How Palpatine would interpret this line in the context of society and its ruling, I wonder?

Have you ever considered writing about Darth Bane?
1/2/2013 c1 45QueenYoda
I love it.
1/1/2013 c1 16DarthObsydian
My luck! I watched this episode today and here I am reading a brilliant fic just hours later xD
You captured the mind of Palpatine wonderfully. Watching the two of them interact, one has to wonder what he has to be thinking & I believe you nailed it. Your ending was chilling, to say the least- morbid, with a taste of the Emperor's voice that we see in ROTJ. Great work!
12/31/2012 c1 16jadesfire22
Once again you capture Palpatine perfectly! Great job. Your stories are awesome. It's nice to read another author who does one-shots and can write from the Imperial perspective. Your writing shows you would be a good Sith. Jk. I mean this in the best possible way ;)
12/31/2012 c1 Guest