for The Other Time The Colonel Was Ordered Home

7/19/2013 c1 6aslansphoenix
Awwww
Sweet and funny.
1/5/2013 c1 73dust on the wind
Earworm! curse you, 80sarcades, I'll have that going round my head (the very fragmentary and skewed memory of it, anyway) for the next month.

Very funny, and as always, beautifully assembled and written.

dust...
1/5/2013 c1 2SpaceEngineerPeanut
Oh, goodness gracious, that was hysterical! Although, the thought of Newkirk and LeBeau as Rockettes sends a chill down my spine...

Thank you very much!
1/4/2013 c1 25Canadian Hogan's Fan
OMG. Well, uh, I'm not quite sure what to say. I enjoyed LeBeau and Newkirk's argument, as well as Carter and Kinch's dialogue. As for the musical number, well, I must admit I'm with Hogan. Still, I got a laugh out of it.
1/3/2013 c1 66Belphegor
Marvellous :D I only know Joan Jett's version of the song, so I laughed out loud when I recognised it - and immediately heard it in my head! This story is hilarious, and I can't really blame Hogan for being disturbed by the mental image...

"I was trying to post two stories tonight, but RL, of course...:-(" Does this mean we can expect another story from you soon? Yay! :o]
1/1/2013 c1 60jodm
Cute! And funny, too! And I'm old enough to remember when the Mary Tyler Moore show was first run -and the original dick Van Dyke Show, which she also starred in, too!
1/1/2013 c1 1NickTonyK
Pretty good!
1/1/2013 c1 76snooky-9093
You missed the hat toss! LOL

Just when I think you couldn't get any funnier.

Robert Clary was known as a singer, originally. You might want to check out his autobiography. Larry Hovis was also a great singer, as well.
1/1/2013 c1 12Jinzle
Too funny. I could really picture Hogan's face at all the singing. Thanks for giving me my first chuckle of 2013.
1/1/2013 c1 Anon
Cute. Richard Dawson had a variety show in England with his Marilyn-Monroe-like wife before the money went to her head and she left him and their two young sons. He sang in it all the time and did funny skits...it was very entertaining. He later came to America with his kids and ended up on HH. He was more famous than Bob Crane, who was simply a radio announcer before that. Dawson auditioned for the role of Hogan but was told that he couldn't sound American enough. How ironic, as Dawson didn't sound *English* at all when he hosted Family Feud!
1/1/2013 c1 87konarciq
Don't think I know the song, but it had me grinning nonetheless. I'll have to look it up on youtube!
Funny how even the direst mission goes almost awry due to the differences between France and Britain... :-D
1/1/2013 c1 66Sgt. Moffitt
Wow, what a performance. All it needed was the Colonel flinging his cap into the air at the end!

A terrific way to start the new year...80s is BACK!
12/31/2012 c1 ColHogan
I was LMAO as I read this. Especially when the guys started singing the theme from the Mary Tyler Moore show with a Hogan twist. I'm surprised Hogan didn't run screaming all the way back to the states when thoughts of the guys dressed as the Rockettes popped into his mind. BTW: I have seen the Rockettes at the Christmas show several years ago. They're fantastic! Happy New Year.