for Just Own The Night

12/2/2013 c1 666Spektor
LOOOOOVE IT
MADE MY HEART WARMER (:
1/16/2013 c1 AllIsFairInLoveAndWar
I knew it! And I still loved it.
1/7/2013 c1 Lydia
Oh, what a wonderful Steve/Kono New Year! This story just warmed my heart and made me smile :D Thank you, Happy New Year!
1/6/2013 c1 jmlane1966
Fireworks and Steve, what more can a girl all for on New Year's Eve. Nice story.
1/5/2013 c1 Guest
Awwwww.
1/4/2013 c1 Reader1976
Sweeeet! And I love your profile avatar...I loved the hug Steve gave Kono when he returned to H50, perfect photo! Great story.
1/4/2013 c1 41robinh
Hey !
I was waiting for this one, as you know. What a lovely little fic. Thank you so much. I don't even care it came after the holiday. It was so heartwarming and fun and cute.
I simply love the way you describe the scenes so carefully, give us an exact and detailed picture of the colors, the sounds, the atmosphere. You do it beautifully without using so many words. They was you described the beach made me feel like I was there in the flesh.
The guy together are always a great picture as well. The ohana, and their love to each other. You included Mary Ann and Malia - and this always make me happy. Max's voice describing Danny - of course - sweet, and I'd love to read about your Max again. He is not easy to write, but he has great potential and I think you had conveyed it pretty well. It was funny and sweet.

I work with Veterans. So I always love to read about Steve's military experience, and pointing it out. Mentioning Steve in his fatigues. oh well... there's nothing like a man in uniforms. Steve in uniform - OMG - total bliss. Kono is an Army wife - or more precisely a Navy girlfriend - and the enforced separation is not an easy topic, but it gives a great background to the emotions and deep connection they have - I think you handled it very well, Kono is sad and misses him, but she does not fall apart. Very well written and very moving an emotional.

There's not a lot I can add about their reunion, besides the fact that it was so great and awesome and emotional and happy and lovely and perfect.

Thank you for this late holiday gift.

I'm sorry to tell you that you'd have to write more now. Need more!
R.
1/4/2013 c1 Redlioness62
Thank you and Happy New Year!
1/4/2013 c1 3TvFanatic97
This fic was just amazing in every sense of the word. I loved it all from all of them spending New Year's together (it's a shame that H50 takes a holiday hiatus, I'd love to see something like this on the show) to the Steve/Kono aspect of it. I'm glad you didn't keep our favourite couple apart on New Year's.

I know I leave much longer, detailed reviews but I don't really have much to say about this apart from praise, praise and even more praise. Thank you for sharing this with us all!
1/4/2013 c1 41quisinart4
So so so so happy to see new fic from you! I love your work so much and honestly, I think this is marked as one of my favorite pieces for Steve/Kono which is funny because they're not even re-united in it until the end haha. But I just love what you've set up here: everyone together to ring in the new year, MALIA ALIVE!, Kono reassuring Danny that it's not the electronic gifts that matter but creating memories with Grace, Max's observation of Danny's attire, Kono having girl talk time with Kono. And more than that, I just love this sense of normalcy that Steve and Kono are together and that even though he's away, everyone's keeping Kono company and they're all just waiting for him to come home.

The phone call was so cute hehe, I just love how you do such a great job with Steve/Kono dialogue cause to me, that either makes or breaks a fic. But you use just enough words to capture the conversation perfectly, and it feels so real to me. Just another sign of how wonderfully you get these two!

("Actually, my original flight got cancelled, but I managed to convince the airline to let me on an earlier one..."
"You mean you threatened someone enough until they caved."
"I can neither confirm nor deny that." He shrugs, the familiar smirk appearing on his face.)

SO CUTE! :') And the "stunning detective work" comment hehe. :D I just could not STOP SMILING that whole sequence of him walking toward her on the beach, seriously, grinning like a maniac! I just adored it so much, yet it made me sad that was all there was to the fic cause I wanted to read more. So all I can do is please ask you to write more! You're one of my FAVORITE writers for these two and it's always the best when I see new fic from you. If you ever need help coming up with inspiration or tossing around ideas, feel free to PM me! Hope you get inspired again soon. And hope 2013 is treating you wonderfully. :) Have a great day!
1/4/2013 c1 Guest
Lovely story ... Please post more soon
1/3/2013 c1 Guest
Oh how great that was
Please write more
1/3/2013 c1 Fen
Such a sweet story! You should def write more Mckono stories!
1/3/2013 c1 7teenycee
Omg! I don't care how late this post is; I'm just glad that you posted it! Technically, the New Year had just begun, so you're not really late! I loved every bit of this story; I'm so glad that Danny was able to keep his mouth shut! Ha, ha! I love how close Kono and Mary are, too. I've always seen them as good friends if not more, so it's nice to see you and others writing them as if they are. Yay for Steve surprising Kono! Now, how about a post-New Year's piece - you know, one where they're in bed? P