for Team Rocket: To Reach New Heights

3/13/2020 c3 Devin
Pls continue I love this idea of an AU
3/14/2020 c3 StarFiction56
I hope you update this, I love this idea of an AU
7/21/2018 c3 Guest
Please make chapter 4
12/28/2016 c3 Guest
Update please
4/10/2016 c1 Agent Wordsmith
Hey! It's been a while since you've posted this, no doubt, but I simply cannot let perfectly good talent and shared interest in Team Rocket go unnoticed. Your story is helping inspire me to write my own fic, you see, because I need new ideas.

But enough about me; about your story, then.

In the way of spelling and grammar I can't find much fault, so you're doing well there! For world description, well, there's another fine point; I value how well you described Giovanni. In event description, I could say that you possibly could have used more detail there and described more steps maybe- but that's just me! I know that with too much detail things tend to drone. Finally, as for the characters- namely your OC- I'll give an overall good score. Nothing sue-ish as far as I can tell, although having such good thieving skills and quickly coming into favor with the boss may raise some eyebrows. Maybe.

Aaand, that's about it. I hope this was helpful because, if not, I owe you a better review!
2/18/2013 c2 Jamie
Sorry for the delay. So far, it's a good start and I have no trouble imagining the scenes. Throughout both chapters, the story has kept my attention. I'm having a difficult time finding a fault in this. I can't wait to see what happens next.

On a personal note: X3 So cool!
1/30/2013 c2 151Farla
[Once they had arrived in Viridian city Giovanni had immediately put him to work, he was tutored by the greatest minds his master could hire, he was trained in hand to hand combat and finally was taught tactics and how to pokebattle. ]

Where exactly is Giovanni getting the money to throw at the random pickpocket kid? He just said his group is still small at this point, which is not when you'd want to make huge investments in random kids, and wanting someone because they're a clever thief doesn't mean you assume they should get a rounded education in how to be great at everything.

If you want your character to end up trained in everything, have him actually earn it. He was picked up because he showed a talent at theft. Giovanni should train him to be better at that and then send him out to be useful. If at some point things go wrong and he has to beat someone in a fight, that could be the cue to then get combat training.

[ cloths ]

Clothes.

[ He was a simple grunt, he only had two Pokemon to his name. ]

No, he's not, he's getting personally trained by the best people Giovanni can find.

Don't label flashbacks. It should be clear from context.
1/30/2013 c1 Farla
[Saffron city's ]

You always capitalize all of a name.

You wouldn't capitalize animal or mouse or dragon, so you shouldn't capitalize words like pokemon or pikachu or charizard. The only time you should capitalize it is if you're using it as the pokemon's name, ie, Ash's pikachu is called Pikachu. This is because you only capitalize when it's a proper noun, which are the names of places or things. Similar reasoning should be applied to any other words you're thinking of capitalizing, like telephone or trainer. Or professor.

So a starving orphan, but they still have an eevee.

[ This method had kept them fed for the couple of years they had been partners, both surviving in a world that neither wanted them nor needed them. ]

Or pokemon battles, since winning those nets you money and being a trainer means free food and beds at pokecenters. Clearly being underage won't matter since this apparently takes place in a universe where orphanages don't exist.

["I must admit, I am very impressed. I am sure you have made quite the living doing that little scheme of yours. I am very impressed." ]

So impressed he's repeating himself.

Dialogue is written as "Hello," she said or "Hello!" she said, never "Hello." She said or "Hello." she said or "Hello," She said or "Hello" she said. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn't contain a speech verb, in which case it's written as "Hello." She grinned, never "Hello," she grinned or "Hello," She grinned or "Hello." she grinned. Note that something isn't a speech verb just because it's a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like laughed or giggled is in the second category. Furthermore, if you're breaking up two complete sentences it's "Hi," she said. "This is it." not "Hi," she said, "this is it." or "Hi," she said "this is it." And if you're breaking up a sentence in the middle, it's "Hi. This," she said, "is it." And the same punctuation and capitalization applies to thoughts.

[ he hadn't been caught in a long time but he knew that getting caught was the worst thing possible, he didn't want to escape from the police again and it was nearly impossible to rescue his best friend from the Poke-center where she would be kept until released into the wild. ]

So apparently not only do they not have orphanages, they also arrest the starving orphans that wander the streets.

You know, if you want to do a story where someone joins Team Rocket, you don't actually have to pile angst and misery on his head first. They could steal because they don't have lots of money rather than because they're a starving little orphan.
1/30/2013 c1 3Benjilabu
Pretty nice so far! I like Giovanni, so I'm eager to see the next chapters. (it's Ben)