for A Revolutionary Heart

2/16/2013 c3 31Kchan88
Another wonderful chapter! I was so caught up in the action and you wrote it so well my heart was racing. Loved the moment between Enjolras and Combeferre at the end, and can't wait to see what happens next! :)
2/15/2013 c3 62astoryinred
Nice work! You not only wrote the Amis doing some actual background work for the revolution, but you wrote in some of the consequences of this. I like this; not enough stories do it. And Enjolras is still in character. :D
2/15/2013 c3 54HardfacedQueenofMisadventure
Well...things are escalating. DON'T KILL HIM OFF FOR THE LOVE OF EPONINE'S HAT!
Anyway, *ahem*, I like the way this is starting to go. I'm actually hooked, and I love the story so far. Please, don't keep me waiting too long to find out what's gonna happen.
Signed,
Mlle R
2/15/2013 c3 Random Reader
Oooh, it is getting dramatic! This was a very exciting chapter. PLEASE write more soon. I'm dying to know what will happen!
2/15/2013 c1 Luna
Aww, this is sweet...I love what you did here. Very out of the box, very creative!
2/15/2013 c2 kangaroo
brilliant! I love Combeferre worrying over Enjolras fics.
Both in character and well written.
Only thing that struck me slightly as off is Enjolras knows about the murmur and consents to Combeferre's exam anyway I think he would have been more prepared for Combeferre to hear the murmur and not get so worked up...even if he doesn't regularly think about it...
He had a tiny fever too? Eager to see if thats going anyway. Poor Combeferre-he's going to be watching him like a hawk isn't he...
2/13/2013 c2 4BlackRedandBold
Ahh, this was wonderful! I can relate to the part where Enjy just kinda starts to fall asleep on the table simply because that is me, every morning, without fail.
Okay, I should really get back on track.
The descriptions were just about flawless. They gave me a very, very clear mental picture of each scene. Ferre's thoughts at the beginning were wonderful, perfect to introduce the chapter. You do very well with the style, I hope to see more of it! The conversation between Enjy and Ferre at breakfast was well done, although Ferre's last line seemed like it could have used a pause (you don't have to take that, of course).
My only complaint, for lack of a better term, is that you tend to start most of your paragraphs with "Combeferre." I'm guilty of always using my POV character's name as the first word in a sentence too, and I found a neat little writing exercise that may help. Basically, you write a 26-sentence scene, each sentence beginning with a word starting with A and going down the alphabet (or, instead of A to Z, you could go from Z to A). You aren't allowed to skip X, either (I promise there are X words you can use). It was pretty fun; I'll still run through one if I feel like I need to vary my sentences.
I'm getting off-topic again, apologies. I'll end on a positive note: The ending was fantastic foreshadowing. I wonder if Enjy's going to get sick, then? Or if the abnormal heart rhythms aren't as innocent as they seem? I'll definitely be looking out for the next chapter!
Your humble reader,
Black
2/13/2013 c2 21PureVampWolf24
LOVE the ending! Can't wait for more :D
2/13/2013 c2 62astoryinred
Hello!

This chapter seems more like a filler than anything else, but I do love Combeferre's thought process. It does ring true (as a med student whose friends have had to make morbid diagnoses on family, I get what he means!) I imagine that eventually there will be consequences to Enjolras' heart murmur?
2/13/2013 c2 Guest
I love the story, please continue!
2/13/2013 c2 54HardfacedQueenofMisadventure
Hm... I wonder where you could be going with this... Well, I think they have the most adorable non-slashy bromance thing going on, so that alone is enough to keep me interested :)
Anyway, the actual review. It's very well-written and interesting. I'm excited to see where this may go :)
So, please, update soon.
Signed,
Mlle RXx
2/12/2013 c2 11lemondropseverus
Firstly, thank you for the mention in the Author's Note. You are far too kind!

About this chapter... what can I say? Very nicely done! I absolutely loved every single. The relationship between the two boys was beautifully written. The dialogue in the second part of the chapter flowed perfectly and managed to show the close connection these two have.

I really like your Enjolras. He is indeed more human than he would be in cannon, but he still retains his distinctive qualities. As for your Combeferre, what can I say? I absolutely adore him! Who wouldn't want to have such a friend? This is certainly an underused combo in the musical section of Les Mis, and I am glad that you have decided to explore their relationship.

After I read this second chapter, I am now 100% sure this story will be more than wonderful. After all, how could it not be? Your narration flows very well, your descriptions have something which I find oddly endearing (especially when they are about a sleeping Enjolras) and your perception of the two is absolutely spot on.

I cannot wait to read your next chapter, for I am certain it will be very good.

lemondrop
2/12/2013 c2 4The Chandelier Fell
I liked it! Combeferre is such a good friend.
2/12/2013 c2 31Kchan88
Hurray! I'm so pleased you decided to continue this, it's such an original idea. I adore the way you write Combeferrre, and I can't wait to read more! Thanks for letting me know you were continuing.

Lovely job! :)
2/9/2013 c1 Random Reader
This is such a sweet, touching story. You captured the characters' voices so well. And the bit at the end, when they were talking in the dark...aww, it was just so heartwarming. Yay friendship fics!
186 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »