FanFiction.Net
for To Catch a Ghost

3/29/2023 c16 1Nathem
this is the first fix I've read where they're actually a well written family trying to form a team into this new life they got into after knowing Danny's secret. good jobbb
7/20/2021 c35 15MATW
Annnnnd caught up!

I like the use of politics here and the over arching story told in drabbles - definitely fun!

MATW
6/9/2021 c35 53Dp-Marvel94
Great story! I really enjoyed it!
4/13/2019 c29 9JH24
I'm loving how you're portraying Skulker here. Intelligent, experienced, patient and even wise. The interactions between him and an increasingly frustrated Danny were very well done and made me smile. "You can shove your patience in your…" Danny snapped back. "Now, now, Danny," Skulker chided. "…ear," the halfa finished. (That one made me laugh)

One thing I was wondering if SKulker was restraining Danny throughout the chapter (Last paragraph) or if Skulker had to hold Danny back near the end because he didn't want to wait.

It was a really fun chapter. You showed in an entertaining way how there's much Danny can still learn from others.
4/12/2019 c28 JH24
The overshadowing was a very nice twist and very well done. I began to wonder why Danny had begun acting so strangely but at that point it still hadn't hit me. After the reveal I went back to find out at which point the overshadowing might have happened.

Danny's reaction was intense. Man, he's furious. Somehow I can imagine a half-ghost being overshadowed by another ghost is nothing less than humiliating.

I'm getting worried here. With Danny getting angry in this way I'm actually getting a bit scared for the other ghost.
3/3/2019 c26 JH24
"If the ghost appears when Dash does, we can use Dash as bait!" Oh boy. Danny, what are you up to now?

Loved the chapter. It's definitely among my favorites in this story. I think the reason for that is that it feels so personal, it feels human. I really enjoyed the interactions between Danny and Tucker; you can really tell they're close friends. Not only that, but I really like how you subtly show bits of their personalities. It really makes them feel alive. Like:

"I wouldn't go so far as to say that," Tucker said and grinned when Danny couldn't help cracking a smile. / Danny mumbled something indistinct. / Tucker hated it when he had to pry information from Danny bit by bit. "And…?" / Danny looked at his feet and rubbed the back of his neck.

The part with Dash was nice too. He's never really going to change is he? I love how Tucker rubbed it in that Dash was technically working for him. It's also another interesting hint how the ghost shows up when Dash is around.

A very enjoyable chapter. I look forward to find out what will happen next.
3/1/2019 c25 JH24
Oh Danny, you really can't get a break, can you? It was fun to see the Box Ghost make an appearance. I love how even he couldn't believe what was going on with all the merchandise. Poor Phantom though, all that merchandise is already humiliating enough, but having the box ghost making fun of him with said merchandise is even worse.

I liked Danny's comment in the previous chapter about him and his dad kicking some ghost butt at the entrance. Yeah, definitely seems like a perfect example of Ghost Zone diplomacy.

Also, I don't like Mr. Brass. (But you do a great job in writing him that way)
2/14/2019 c22 JH24
"What about my credibility?" "You don't have any credibility to worry about." Okay, that made me laugh. I love the banter in your story. Poor Danny, yet at the same time I like it also shows that he's becoming more mature. He swallows his pride to do something he views as more important. The early Danny would probably just have blasted Skulker if he had ever made that suggestion about hanging him on a wall.

Jack's "I trust my son" line was perfect. I really like how Jack isn't happy with this but still goes on with it for Danny's sake.
2/14/2019 c20 JH24
Danny really does find himself in the most awkward situations, doesn't he? Danny's uneasy reactions were funny, and I loved that bit when he complained when he realized his dad wanted to come with him. Even as a half-ghost, there's no escape from embarassing parents. :)

I like how the negotiations were done. Skulker's explanation how Danny used to be more trouble than he was worth and why he wanted to kill him before made sense. I also like how Danny's parents are somewhat open to Skulker's suggestion but at the same time approach the hunter with a healthy dose of caution. Jack's last line really made the message clear. He may be a goof at times, but when it's about family; you don't want to cross him.
2/11/2019 c18 JH24
I always wondered as well where Danny's parents kept all their weapons.

Love the negotations between Danny and Skulker, especially that bit with their banter. Love the writingstyle; short, to the point, yet at the same time telling so much. I can totally picture everything in my mind.

I like how Skulker is still set upon fullfilling his obession, yet at the same time is now open to less deadly alternatives. I look forward to see how this will go. Love both Danny's and Skulker's portrayal by the way. Great work!
11/30/2018 c16 JH24
Okay, this is my newest favorite chapter now! Not only a lot of fun to read, but it also has some twists I never saw coming. First, I adored the father-son talk between Jack and Danny. Amazingly written and very enjoyable to see the characters interact this way. I could hear and see everything they said clearly.

Loved the twist with the overshadowing. I was already a little suspicious when Jack dropped that line about overshadowing. For a moment I thought he would help Danny get out but then it turned out to be a test. The concept of overshadowing still makes me shiver at times. I know Jack fully trusts his son but it's still unsettling in a way to lose control of your body like that.

The biggest twist with Sam was perfectly done. Definitely did not see that coming. It was also a very clear message to Danny. "Don't try to do everything by yourself. Let others help you."

I look forward to see how negotiations with Skulker will go. This was a very entertaining and fun chapter. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us all.
11/30/2018 c15 JH24
This is my favorite chapter so far. I really enjoyed seeing Maddie as a mother; to see her worry for Danny but at the same time also showing tough love.

Their conversation was very well done. It felt realistic and alive. I liked how she approached Danny without judgement, and tried to learn more from a teenager who didn't really want to talk. You can tell Danny feels bad about this and doesn't want to keep secrets from his mom.

The new invention sounds interesting. It definitely sounds like a good approach towards a ghost who can escape from everything. I wonder if it will work.

The ending was a very well done. Loved the "consider yourself grounded" part.
11/29/2018 c14 JH24
Wow, that was an unexpected development. I really enjoyed these last chapters. Danny and his reaction in the haunted house was interesting. I really liked how you build up his frustration with these "difficult" tourists. At the end I first thought that Danny had known all along the woman was overshadowed by this mystery ghost. But I was actually shocked to find out in the next chapter Danny had no idea at all and had blasted a human.

I like how this gives an interesting take on Danny's ghost obsession. It turns out Amity Park may very well be his obsession.

Oh, poor Danny. Not only is he dismissed because of his looks, (I already don't like that woman) but now having to work together with Dash as Phantom as well? It just keeps getting worse for our hero, doesn't it?

Awesome work! I'm really enjoying it. It's not only lots of fun to read, but it also makes you think.
11/28/2018 c11 JH24
Ooh, that's one unexpected turn! This ghost claims to be Dash's brother? That's definitely intriguing and already brings up some nice questions.

I couldn't help but smile how Danny's plan to capture this ghost backfired on him. His comment about being stuffed in a locker by Dash was gold, and so Danny.

The scene with Danny and Dash. Ouch. I actually winced (in a good way) at the end. If Dash didn't already want to beat poor Danny up, he definitely wanted to do it now. I know Danny meant well, but yeah, the way he said it didn't entirely came out right.

I liked the scene with Mr. Lancer and how he found a balanced solution. Danny and Dash now having to work together? I wonder how that will go. I chuckled when they both pointed at each other and said "With him!?" I can totally picture that.

Poor Danny though. Swollen eye and stuffed into a trashcan? Ouch. I liked that bit of info about how his injuries take longer to heal when in human form. I always love those bits of info as it shows more of the Danny Phantom universe.

Tucker's smug reaction about Dash's brother made me chuckle. Sam's disgusted reaction about Danny eating a taco was a nice touch too.

Skulker? Wow, Sam. Talk about desperate measures. As far as ghosts go, Skulker is not as bad, but I can't help but wonder if they're going to bite off more than they can chew.

I'm really enjoying this story. I love how this focuses on a different side of Danny's character and adventures. I look forward to read more as soon as I can. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing work with us all.
11/25/2018 c8 JH24
The scene with Jack and Danny made me smile. This is exactly how I had hoped Danny and his dad would interact after Danny's secret was revealed. I had to laugh when Jack actually caught Danny with the Thermos to test it out. I had a good chuckle at the "one that got away" bit.

The Sam and Danny scene was fun too. I can just picture Danny, annoyed, and Sam next to him reacting to his story. Their dialogue is so well done that I can hear every word they say. That bit about "I want that photo" was a perfect way to end it.

I'm really enjoying these chapters. I can imagine everything in my head when reading. Awesome work!
70 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »