for The Weight of Us

4/4/2013 c1 Shazza
Review continued. I think a lot of readers tend to not read stories set in the current ( post season 5) settings because I, for one, have mixed feeling about the various places the show has taken us, and the inconstancies. I will not find the story come full circle until the address the damn amulet! See next review.
4/4/2013 c1 Shazza
This is a general review. I just finished Hunter, OMG, brilliant. I tempted to do a one word review and do 50 of them so people who are trolling for high review stories get a clue to just how good you are. I may go back and do another couple of reviews on Hunter so that it gets to 100, it certainly deserves it. I wish I could leave the kind of post that you could respond to but one ( of three) beloved children set up this account for me, giving it a pass word I could never forget. Ha! The mind of a 50 year old woman! They are all now off at college and beyond, they sure as hell don't remember. See next review.
4/2/2013 c1 Shazza
Gaelic,
no pressure, just perhaps motivation?

Lyrics to be sung to say a little prayer for you:

Each morning I wake up
Before I put on my make up
I look for a new story from you

Could be a one shotter
Or it could be multi chapter
It be a new story from you

Perfection, perfection
Would be another con- tin- u-ation
Perfection, perfection
include Sam and Dean and your OC creation
Perfection, perfection,
Her spirit, her lilting Irish con- ver- station
Would mean some more Brenna for me...end of "song" :)
4/1/2013 c1 Shazza
You have an unique talent in that you have written the boys since the beginning, allowed them to change and grow, but they still seem like our Sam and Dean!
4/1/2013 c1 S hazza
I just read " Soldiers Eyes", what a heartfelt poignant story. Best thing I have read about about where Dean's mind is at these days after Purgatory so for. Thanks!
4/1/2013 c1 22busigt-81
WOW!
Just as good as always!
Damm, I wish I had your talent! :)
Thanks for sharing!
3/31/2013 c1 Shazza
So sorry for asking about Brenna in my last post. I had not finished the notes at the end. Over eager, not atypical for me!
3/31/2013 c1 Shazza
Gaelic,
You've been my absolute favorite writer of Supernatural stories since I first read Ramble On, and my family can attest to the fact that I have read A Lot is S. stories. I just found out that you are writing again. Now I can happily read all the stuff that is new to me. Will there ever be more Brenna for Dean? I love that characters '
interaction with Dean. I am sure I must be one of many,
Ta,
From spring vaca in Maui, home is Colorado
3/29/2013 c1 KlutzyHanyou
Type your review here...
3/18/2013 c1 SPN Mum
This was a great story! I really like the way you portrayed their thoughts. You captured the essence of the two of them extremely well.

So many things that the boys have fought now, both together and apart. Their 'weakness' for each other, willing to do whatever it takes to protect each other, is also their greatest strength. They keep each other going, no matter the odds. When one of them doesn't believe in the other, that is when they make mistakes and have trouble continuing. When they trust each other, and have each other's backs, they can accomplish anything.
3/10/2013 c1 pandora jazz
I was reading your story again and realized I never took a moment to say thank you! for sharing it with us.

I love how you wrote Dean, Sam and their thoughts. When I was reading what Dean was thinking as he faced the hellhounds, it made me nervous all over again and I already know how the episode ends.

I loved this thought from Sam when he decided to go help Dean. 'There were moments in life when disagreements, hurt feelings, and differing viewpoints just didn't matter anymore. There were times when all that counted was that they were brothers. When the reasons behind choices were buried in the past and the reality was that they were still there, still standing, still breathing.'

I like how you tried to give us some further insight into why Sam never looked for Dean last year. I have expected more explanation or at least an apology from Sam to Dean and it is not because I want to take sides. It was also nice you showed us that Sam remembered watching Dean die back in season three.

I always love missing scenes, so reading about Sam taking care of Dean's wound was perfect. I love that Sam cares about Dean again as it seemed it was angry with him for the first half of the season. I'm glad the writers let Sam have his speech to Dean about surviving and seeing a light at the end of all of this. I wish we knew if Dean really believed it all like you wrote in your story. 'His brother is a hunter. A fighter. It doesn't matter what he once said he wanted, it matters what he's doing. Sam is here. He's here and he's in this. He's in this and he wants Dean to live. Wants him to survive to come out on the other side of this.'

This line/thought from Dean is so true and I'm glad you put it in your story, 'since the damn angels came down and started to pull their puppet strings.'

I loved the brothers conversation after Dean fought off his infection. Once again it is why I love fanfiction, because you gave us the additional words from Sam that we all wanted to hear. "...And that's why I know we can do this. These trials. I can do them…if you're with me."

I read your author's note. I have to admit I didn't like how Season five ended. I love reading your stories about the Winchester brothers, though I know you like to write about Dean more. Your note states it is a AU and 'branches off into a different path for our boys from there.' I guess I'm hoping it includes both brothers and not just Dean and Brenna, but I'll check it out anyway. :)

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us. You are an Awesome writer and can bring wonderful emotional moments to life from your characters.

Until next time, take care.
3/10/2013 c1 Guest
Janice here again...man, I wish they'd let us edit our posts, LOL. Obviously, I meant purgatory, not hell, LOL! Again, just LOVED this story.
3/10/2013 c1 JaniceC678
Ah...another magnificent story! Wonderful added insight into what was going on in both brother's minds over the whole test dilemma, the strength of the bond they both feel for each other, and even Sammy getting some insight into Dean's time in hell and his relationship with Benny. LOVED it!
3/8/2013 c1 Lilly B
Great story! You have a knack for taking a part of the show in which feelings and angst were glossed over and giving all us readers exactly what we were yearning to see! And as always you write so beautifully that it puts us right into the story. Great job!
3/5/2013 c1 Sanderspleen
I am so excited that I finally got to read this! I love it when you write the things that should have been said, or give us thoughts between Sam and Dean that our shows' writers tend to leave out.

I love the memories that were conjured up when Sam saw so much indifference between the Cassity family when they were faced with the loss of their sister. Memories that showed so much of the strength in the bond between him and Dean in moments when they were facing hell, moments when they stood to lose each other. Sadness and fear glaring through, unlike the Cassity family. Memories that surged his need to NOT stay, but to look and help Dean RIGHT NOW with the hellhounds.

More importantly, I love that you gave us the sincerity behind WHY Sam didn't look for his brother when Dean went to purgatory. We've been left with such a bad taste in our mouths behind that whole scenario, but you gave Sam back some dignity in how you wrote his feelings behind his reasons. It was heart felt that he truly feels awful, regretful even, for not looking for Dean, yet, it also breaks our hearts to understand the depth of Sam's need to just escape this life he's never wanted in the first place, running away from it like he always did (as Dean put it), creating a make-believe life with Amelia. It was nice to hear that voiced from Sam's thoughts.

I won't deny the fact that I LOVED all the angst and hurt with Dean in this tag!
63 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »