for The Weight of Us

3/5/2013 c1 46LovinJackson
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. Been insane over here. I loved this and it is exactly what was needed after a wound like that. And that is exactly what FanFic is for, right?
I loved this whole thing, as usual, you had the brothers perfect and the hurt was delicious but there was a couple of things that stood out for me on a more humorous note.

-"It was," Sam swallowed, thinking quickly, "like a surge. A power surge."
Dean pulled his chin up. "Power surge, huh? You Ironman now or something?"
Sam rolled his eyes, half turning from him. He caught Dean's slight grin.
"Seriously, try to zap something with the palm of your hand."

The Iron Man fan in me totally squeed at this :)

-Dean looked back down. "Your head is one scary place."

Couldnt agree more on that LOL

-"You sure you're okay?" Sam asks him again and for one irrational moment Dean wants to tape his mouth shut.
Or punch him.
Maybe punch him, knock him out, tape him up, stuff him in a closet so that he's safe and Dean can corner another one of those Hell bitches and start this damn process over again the rightway.

Hahaha ... I was waiting for this to come and I love the progression here LOL

Well done, and thank you for always coming back and giving us what the show doesn’t.

Tara x0x
3/5/2013 c1 masondixon
Sorry so long for my comments. I held this story- like a treasure- until I had quiet time to sit and read it. I appreciate it so much. It is SO much better than what I saw on the show. SO much better.

Thank You for the HurtDean (you are an expert at that) but more than that- Thank You for the care and comfort from Sam. That has been missing completely this entire season and I hate that. In all the SN stories I read I appreciate the HurtDean (I am an addict) and the ComfortSam the most and the lack of it this season has really been a huge hole for me.

Sam has been a cold, uncaring ass for most of the season toward his brother and I know this is not the character. So I am so grateful you write them as they REALLY are and I enjoy it so much.

I was grateful that Sam told Dean that while he is certain he can do the remaining trials he knows he needs Dean with him to be successful. All they had to do was write that into the speech Sam gave Dean and it would have meant so much.

I am having a lousy time in my life right now and I know the same applies to you. Your stories really do mean so much to me and really do bring a touch of light and happiness in a rather dark time. I print each one of your stories out and I have binders filled with them. And I can pull one out at any time and read through it again like a favorite book. Thank You for these gifts.

I hope you and your little one have a good and meaningful time with your Father and that things go smoothly for all of you. May each day be better for you and yours.

My Best to You,
MD
3/4/2013 c1 31Nana56
Very good! I love this tag! And, of course, I love me some hurt!Dean and angsty!Sam. *sighs happily* :D

This so filled in the missing part!

Nicely done. :)
3/4/2013 c1 Raven524
Wonderfully written. I loved our take on both boy's POV's in this story.
3/3/2013 c1 52DaughterOfPoseidon333
This was so amazing and it was beautifully written and I just LOVED it! I really loved the episode and the brotherly moments, and this made me love it even more!
I thought Sam and Dean were spot-on too. You wrote them really well, they sounded just like themselves.
Great job, it was wonderful!
3/3/2013 c1 BranchSuper
Very good story.
3/2/2013 c1 120PhoenixDragonDreamer
Ohhh, honey...this...this was a perfect coda to that episode. It made it that much richer - it gave it a complete feel that was missing when we reached the ending of that ep. As always, your instinctive grasp of these brothers, the beautiful insight you have into them keeps me coming back for more. Thank you for writing this (as I know RL has been taking its toll on you), thank you for sharing it with us all...

Oh - and even though I heard the song for another Fandom, I kept 'hearing' The Catalyst by Linkin Park while reading...felt fitting to me.

*HUGS YOU*

Mandy
3/2/2013 c1 Hundley
Great take on Trial and Error. Again, this year, I am so deeply unhappy with how S8 is going, I'm finding I enjoy the show more in fanfic than what is shown. Very nice take on this. As opposed to the show, who gave us no explanation on Sam's behavior prior to handing him the trials on a silver platter, you gave us a reason - the weight of sacrifice in the name of the mythical brotherhood - and that makes the brotherhood seem no so mythical after all.
3/2/2013 c1 54SPNxBookworm
This was amazing! Something I really wanted to read. I don't know how I came across this, but I'm mighty glad i did! :) Great work! :D :)
I've written one too...but nowhere near as good as yours...Loved your take on it! :)
3/1/2013 c1 C1
This is so awesome and so what I needed to happen after that episode. You really made my heart clench at the end. You gotta love these guys!

A multi chap story coming? You are too good to us!
3/1/2013 c1 44RainbowBetty
I really loved this tag, especially the way you wove in Dean's experiences from purgatory and everything Sam had felt and experienced, all wrapped up in his concern for Dean, it was just all kinds of wonderful! So good.
3/1/2013 c1 LittleLurker
Thank you for another truly beautiful story.
I loved your take on purgatory via Dean's dream of the Hellhound attack, but I also liked how you wrote Sam in this.
And yes, this is probably the most truthful about them both:

"It isn't the weight of the trails they are asked to carry that bows them, he knows. It's the weight of each other's sacrifices. It's a weight that both ties them down and holds them up, a strange buoy of loyalty, need, and obligation. It is a bond that keeps them alive and makes them willing to die."

Thanks for sharing!
3/1/2013 c1 6Maz101
Ohhh, I needed this! Thank you.
You are a very generous Dean girl - you bestow huge piles of understanding on Sam too, writing him just as sympathetically and believably. Explaining and finding ways to make certain story arcs & decisions acceptable. And they're all so throroughly *right* in your take. I can invest in them.

So..."If Sam is going to do these trials, pass God's tests, then Dean will be in front of him clearing a path, behind him watching his back. He will flank both sides and keep his gun at the ready." YES!I can love this.

Love your explanation of Sam's reasoning "He wanted to keep Dean from kamikaze-ing his way through to a bloody end; he didn't want to keep Dean away from them entirely. Sam knew damn well that he wouldn't survive much without his brother running interference. It had been that way all his life; no reason it would change now." There's much unrest out there about the apparent writing out of Dean from the Trials storyline. I trust the show writers but I'm inordinately grateful to you for show us where it should go.

Loved ..."It isn't the weight of the trails they are asked to carry that bows them, he knows. It's the weight of each other's 's a weight that both ties them down and holds them up, a strange buoy of loyalty, need, and is a bond that keeps them alive and makes them willing to die."... Just so beautifully Winchester.

Also Love your writing of Dean's need to find a way"that doesn't equal Dean living with the knot of what if curled tight in his gut." Cos, yes, that is Dean's most dreaded fear. What if he could have done something differently - saved someone (Sam),

Loved your writing of Purgbatory - Oh how we needed a whole episode (or several) based there - showing us all that happened - drawing those relationships for us - loved Dean calling out for Benny. For Cas. Oh those boys *sigh*.

Thanks again, as ever, for the angst and the hurt and the comfort - for the filling the missing scene with what we need.
3/1/2013 c1 laily.spenstar
Love it!I love sicky Dean,especially with a is just amazing with his brother.I wish they would write it in the job!
3/1/2013 c1 lynnstar
Really enjoyed this, filled in what I felt were empty spaces in the story. And I get tired of Dean getting hurt and no one paying any mind to it, so this fulfilled my small desire for a bit of comfort without going overboard. I love the way you showcase the bond between the boys and the way Sam cares about his brother. It's always known how much Dean cares about Sam but sometimes we need to visibly see that Sam cares, too. I also liked the way some of Dean's experiences in Purgatory were brought up so that Sam got to know about them and remember how Dean must have suffered there.
63 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »