for Starry Night

3/21/2013 c3 12Forest Angel
A moving and emotional chapter, but it had a quiet comforting tone. Glad the got the car driver. Flack's approach was perfect, split between giving Mac space and seeking him out to talk. The piece with the little girl was wonderful and brought back a little magic from Stella's childhood with the midnight wish. Glad Stella is waking up.
3/21/2013 c3 4SMackedCaskett
Now I know who the little girl was:)

Although I'm usually a fan of happy pregnancy news, I like how you introduced it here. Very unhurried and calm.
3/21/2013 c3 tlh45
I just read all three chapters...It was such a heartbreaking story. I hate to say I loved it, because it was so sad, but I did. The description of the pain he was going through at the thought of losing Stella, you did such an awesome job of describing it. I was so happy when she woke up, even though I was sure she was going to, I mean...what kind of Christmas story would it be if she died? But, I was happy when she woke up and again...you describe the feelings between them both so well...I was glued to the page. Will be looking forward to the next chapter.
3/21/2013 c3 6Hazmatt
Wonderful chapter! Very emotional! I hope everything works out! I look forward to reading more!
3/21/2013 c3 15wickedshenanigans
It's been a while since I've read some wonderful angst from you, dear. You do it so well. Mac was absolutely spot-on this whole chapter, I could just picture his tightly coiled, angry pacing, unable to vocalise his pain and fear. Well done too for making the baby thing a total surprise! It was very nicely done the way you had him peek at the scan but didn't mention what it was, letting us wonder if it was a scan for brain damage, or something else...
I've read quite a few fics lately that have a female character suffering from 'mysterious' nausea and dizziness before the 'big reveal'. Sigh. Yours, however, a much more effective revelation, especially for Mac. His admission to himself that he couldn't find any happiness in the baby's health and safety spoke volumes as well.
Look forward to reading the conclusion!
3/21/2013 c3 LawandOrderForeverCSI
Wow that is very moving! Awesome job!
3/21/2013 c3 Guest
this is such a heart warming story, just the right amount of drama , love. comfort, sadness, wistfulness. It hold's out to be a story that can be read over and over, it is both simple yet full bodied. waiting for the next chapter..well done you..
3/21/2013 c3 14Ballettmaus
Again, I love how the changes changed the chapter and how it turned out! The beginning works well now, I think it creates a great atmosphere; serene and yet there're Mac's emotions which are quite intense and a good contrast. I also like what the whole chapters stands for; the little girl who is just enough of a little girl yet there's that something about her that all leads to the (happy) end.
The conversation with Flack works well; he's the right character to have in there, they're the right things they talk about and I like that Mac needs to go back to Stella to keep from doing something he might regret.
I also think you're doing a great job of balancing hope and hopelessness; I love, of course, the "falling" part. To me it has so much symbolism in it and carries so much weight!
And the end, of course, is perfect. A miracle that is just about the right amount of a miracle to be credible and yet be a miracle which I think makes it perfect. :-)
3/18/2013 c2 Moska
Lovely, lovely imagery, Lil!
3/17/2013 c2 5Advazzz
You can't leave us like this! Please update!

Although we don't have Christmas here, because of your description I wish we have!
3/17/2013 c2 Guest
this is so good, I love the detail and the story line, please can I read more..It is nice to see someone take the time to put into a story such detail, it draw's a moving picture in my mind which captivate's the reader which is what a story should do...WELL DONE.. I will follow this one ..
3/16/2013 c2 6Hazmatt
Incredible chapter! Vey intense! I hope Stella will be okay! Is the little girl an orphan? If so, does she become a part of Mac and Stella's family? I look forward to reading more!
3/15/2013 c2 14Ballettmaus
I really like the changes you made to that chapter; especially the ones concerning Adam. It gives him a pretty cute purpose for being there, also the final changes to that give the elevator ride a long feel without drawing it out with the writing. And it makes Mac's comment so much more suitable without much effort. Great :-D
I also like how the addition of the tree buying works into the whole concept. And the comment about the ceiling in Mac's apartment is the best of the whole story and SO Stella. :-D Just perfect.
The scene with the little girl works well; there's just enough mystery that makes one wonder without giving away too much.
It's incredible how fairly little changes have made it come together so much better! :-D
3/15/2013 c2 44smuffly
Such an atmospheric chapter, with so many beautiful lines and moments that it would be impossible to mention them all here. Particular favourites:
Lucy, presenting her snowflake, almost bursting with pride.
The air, so sharp that it caught like 'glass splinters' in Stella's nose and throat.
"Aren't you cold?" "I'm playing." The distinction is perfect.
And Adam - the whole scene, of course...

As for the accident, that was truly vivid, particularly as you wrote it from Stella's point of view. It felt almost like slow-motion.

I can't wait to read chapter 3!
3/15/2013 c2 13kaidiii
Amazing! Well done! Sweet moments Stella between little girl and suprise she had found the fairy and the soldier. Lovely time together Mac and Stella. All the best for Stella her soldier need her and Mac need his fairy. Get well soon.
79 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »