for Tale As Old As Time

10/19/2019 c17 Faith O
This is quite possibly one of my favorite stories of all time! Doing it from Jaime's point of view is most effective. Thank you.
8/21/2019 c17 Guest
I cried at Tyrion’s letter. So profound
Thank you.
5/30/2019 c10 cines
The end of this chapter is just so adorable! I feel like I'm back in my teenage years when I read something like this. Find your lovely story was a great surprise for me. Thank you for this :-)
5/6/2019 c1 cherrymystery
I've read this a couple of years back and absolutely loved it! And now, after the knighting scene in GoT's final season, I searched for it to read it again, as I really hope against hope that a similar ending would exist ib the series JaimexBrienne ftw !
4/22/2019 c1 3Scylla's revenge
Just re-read this story again. Now I'm in a good mood and the world feels brighter :) I swear I'd die for these two honestly
3/16/2019 c17 105Arine-san
I loved this story so much that I read it twice!
Guess I'm never getting tired of it! You did a really grat job!
Love this couple forever!
8/12/2018 c10 4paper.boat
i am melting this is too pure ! really i can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
8/12/2018 c7 paper.boat
I am delighted, this chapter i D
8/12/2018 c5 paper.boat
Oh daaamn I loved this chapter so much, this is the start of something new !
8/12/2018 c4 paper.boat
Your story is so good ! I really like the way you describe both Jaime and Brienne, their characters are very believable and realistic, and the atmosphere you created is perfect. I also absolutely loved the prologue ! I was looking for a good Jamie/Brienne fic and after these first chapters I think I finally found it ! Can't wait to read the next chapters :)
5/11/2018 c17 bolinthings
Nooo! I wanted more of little Timeon and Brienne! This story was a great read. I especially enjoyed hearing the different voices in his head. Man Jaime can be a right bastard! And I liked the insight into his treatment of Tyrion, the regret he felt for not being the big brother his mother would have expected him to be. But it was cool to see that, even though his and Tyrion's relationship was complicated by Cersei and Tywin, they still understood and cared for each other in their own ways.
10/8/2017 c6 Guest
FANTASTIC️️
10/4/2017 c17 9sildarmillion
You know, I came across a YouTube video intercutting scenes from the Disney animated BatB and scenes between Jaime/Brienne. I hadn't really considered that they could have a BatB type relationship. And the dynamics here are so interesting. He has the Beast role clearly, a crippled bitter man, cursed by Catelyn Stark no less for his crimes, doomed to live out his days in a bitter state. Brienne is the honorable and noble and innocent presence that "lifts the curse". Yet, the appearance aspect is switched he is the really attractive one to look at, and she's the "ugly" one. Somehow that's a better homage to BatB than the original itself, especially if it's supposed to be about inner beauty.

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see Cersei or Tywin, although you did cleverly write them out. Since you went off-canon anyways, I'd say you could have went full AU and simplified the backstory a little. Not that it matters to those of us who are familiar with the incredibly complex plot. But this could have worked as an actual BatB retelling if the backstory were simplified and didn't rely on prior knowledge of ASoIaF.

One last comment: You write really great letters. The whole story was well-written and had a spot on tone, but, man, are you skilled at writing letters and conveying SO much about Brienne's state of mind in between the lines. I'm really glad you finished the story!
9/27/2017 c17 104Dreamin
I love this story so much. Such a perfect ending.
9/27/2017 c17 30Half-elf
I am so very happy that you finished this. I remember staying up way later than I should have on my first read through, it was very addictive. In fact, this deserves another read through now that it's complete. Wonderful job!
233 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »