for California, Here We Come

2/22/2018 c1 Guest
I thought the banter was really funny and spot on.. but I felt it went 0-60 really fast.. and then the story was over.. I guess I would’ve liked to see more build up before they went at it.
2/5/2014 c1 23onewritergirl93
This is AWESOME! Surprisingly, I love that it wasn't ALL about the romance - that made it much more natural. It was fun and entertaining and oh so good! The end was perfect!
9/30/2013 c1 Kai
Lol. This was really great.
7/2/2013 c1 moyrani
Loved it. You definitely get these characters even in these alternate universe scenarios that we can only dream of (thus far).
6/6/2013 c1 punchfacechampion
This is so perfect I can't even deal!
5/28/2013 c1 Anna on the Horizon
Oh my god. This is kind of the cutest thing ever and I love it. So much. You really got their relationship spot on. Great job! :)
5/17/2013 c1 3SwirlingSilver
Brilliant. You have a real talent for these characters. The situations were believable and your writing pulls the reader into the story really well.
4/15/2013 c1 7mygiu
As always, I feel like you really get the original characters, so reading your fics is almost like a bonus episode of TMP! I love thaaat! :)
4/6/2013 c1 23unbearablelightness
Truly this was the best story I've read about this show. No doubt in my mind. The part where they fall asleep and, as a reflex, he cuddles her? Come on. So good. Really, really phenomenal job having these characters speak in a dialogue that is all at once in character, sharp, easy to follow, and purposeful. I thought it was superb.

I mentioned this in another review for you but I love the way you handle the airing of feelings. This was so fun to read. Danny acting lie a brat and Mindy pressing him to know why? I love well-rounded confrontation! Not just a big fight where someone storms off and the make up is soft and totally diluted. This was great. Also love that you had him say "I like you" instead of "I love you". And what's more, I love that you had the REASONS he like her was because of her intelligence and the positive energy she brings to the office. Those are legitimate things we've seen grow throughout the show, as, with every episode, they're having Danny warm to Mindy more and more.

Man, just such a good job. Keep writing :)
4/2/2013 c1 7bantam-shine
I am seriously loving all of your stories. Swooning.
3/23/2013 c1 4IslandGem
Very very funny, fun, and filled with MindyDannyisms. Yay!
3/23/2013 c1 Naomi
I'm so bad with commenting, but love this! It's so in character, I could basically hear the dialogue snapping back and forth between them from one line to another. I've totally fallen for these two, such great chemistry between Messina and Mindy, but not enough fic in the fandom so really hope you write more cause you're doing a great job :')
3/14/2013 c1 Guest
More, more, please write more. - I have fallen for these two but not enough writers in the fandom so please post more stories, we are here to read them and re-read :)
3/13/2013 c1 Sarah
I absolutely love this! The dialogue was superb, with your word choices and phrasing matching the characters perfectly. I could actually see the scenes play out in my mind, with the actors. I really hope that you'll write more.
3/12/2013 c1 1Peppermint and Alihotsy
This was the story I wanted without knowing I wanted it until I read it. Everything came together so beautifully, and there was such a feeling of satisfaction and contentment when I finished reading it that I couldn't help but let out a pleased sigh. Wow! Thank you so much for a great read! Some of my favorite parts:

"Split a cab to the airport?"
"Duh." She bites into a Thin Mint. (Mindy and I share a favorite Girl Scout cookie!)

"Okay, I did my part. You got anything to eat?" - Danny's response to Mindy's dilemma over her heels was just so spot on. I definitely laughed out loud.

The entire airplane ride, including SkyMall and Mindy's lookbook for Danny amazing.

"I follow the Fug Girls on Twitter, okay? I'm good." - You mentioned the Fug Girls!

I loved how Mindy bullied Danny into showing her what he was going to wear before he took his nap. It was so typically Mindy- and so typically Danny when he caved with no argument. Wise man.

"Ooh, Chris Pine!" she cries, stopping again. She furrows her brow. "What movie is this?"
"I don't know," he says, "but it's got Denzel and a train. No one's falling in love here. Looks like a winner to me." - Ahahaha, I could picture this happening on the show so clearly!

I love that Danny remembers that Mindy likes stress balls. I loved even more that he brought her a stress ovary.

The entire Jessica Alba's doctor thread was perfect. I loved how it grew from something Mindy mentions off-handedly into an entire plot point of its own. It was great to watch Danny struggle with his feelings at the possibility of Mindy leaving him; it was even more fantastic watching them fight. My favorite part:

She's upstairs approximately two minutes after he is, banging on the door separating their two rooms.
"Daniel Castellano, open this door right now!"
"Doing an impression of my mom never did anyone any favors," he shouts back through the wall.

It was just so perfectly them! And when the accidentally missed their flight home in the morning... hehehe. Tooo lovely.

Hmm. I've just realized that I've quoted from nearly every scene in this story and made this review super-long. Then again, there were just so many special moments to love in this story. Again, thanks for such a lovely story! Your characterization of them is perfect, and I can't wait to read more from you! :)
27 Page 1 2 Next »